Next Ayr United manager

Just now, rgreig said:

Is my memory right that he scored a fairly spectacular own goal at Somerset Park while playing for Dunfermline (maybe a cup tie?). I remember he got absolute pelters for the rest of the match but to be fair to him I think he took it in (fairly) good grace. Or maybe it was someone else who used to play for them.

Yes, that was him.

Is my memory right that he scored a fairly spectacular own goal at Somerset Park while playing for Dunfermline (maybe a cup tie?). I remember he got absolute pelters for the rest of the match but to be fair to him I think he took it in (fairly) good grace. Or maybe it was someone else who used to play for them.
This one

23 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Have you heard of beer, they make quite a lot of it there? Mostly pish to be fair.

I seem Tadcaster Albion clinch promotion away to Garforth a few years back.

Yep they do, but not all pish. I used to work round there. Tadcaster had three breweries back then: Bass (pish), John Smiths (not bad) and Sam Smiths (best of the three). None of them a match for Timothy Taylors Landlord though which is just exceptional. Sure Sam Smiths was the house ale at The Kings Arms in York down by the river that famously gets flooded every couple of years. 

Oh, and apologies in advance Ayr for straying from the thread subject! 😏

2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Yep they do, but not all pish. I used to work round there. Tadcaster had three breweries back then: Bass (pish), John Smiths (not bad) and Sam Smiths (best of the three). None of them a match for Timothy Taylors Landlord though which is just exceptional. Sure Sam Smiths was the house ale at The Kings Arms in York down by the river that famously gets flooded every couple of years. 

I did say mostly. Smith's Taddy stuff can be good, but there's pish there as well. Their pubs are usually cheap though.

59 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Have you heard of beer, they make quite a lot of it there? Mostly pish to be fair.

28 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Now that you mention John Smiths, I recall it says that on the tin

I was thinking more of a football sense though

I've been in that pub, it's a nice little place...i had their house ale and enjoyed it, so if that was Sam Smiths then I agree. The "cellar" being upstairs is a great problem solver :lol:

18 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

I've been in that pub, it's a nice little place...i had their house ale and enjoyed it, so if that was Sam Smiths then I agree. The "cellar" being upstairs is a great problem solver :lol:

Aye, there was a column in the bar where they marked the height the river got to and the year.