Next Ayr United manager

I'll just be dipping into this thread to condemn every mere suggestion of McIntyre from now on in.
Worst manager we've ever had and we currently employ James McPake FFS.
200.gif&key=d402bed72b8f2f80d61e3791ce39717ac399b5d35611d68e4d059db48424b76c

I’ll stick my neck out and say that McIntyre would have been doing far better with your current group of players than McPake is.

Why would Hopkin want it so soon after leaving his beloved Morton?
At least he can't do any short term damage in terms of transfers anyway.

Did he have much of a budget at Morton?

Seems like he just went around and signed any old jobber he could get his hands on. He obviously struck gold with Cadden but he was a player that had worked under him before.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ll stick my neck out and say that McIntyre would have been doing far better with your current group of players than McPake is.

Equally, I don't think McIntyre would have been able to attract the calibre that McPake has in the likes of Adam & Cummings who both signed largely because of McPake. He's still shite but.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Did he have much of a budget at Morton?

Seems like he just went around and signed any old jobber he could get his hands on. He obviously struck gold with Cadden but he was a player that had worked under him before.

The size of the squad he had his budget couldn't have been that bad, even if they were carthorses.

Is he not a fan of the route one long ball anyway, could fit right in.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

I still think Peter Houston could emerge into this, he's an experienced guy who likes to go under the radar so isn't going to get his agent, if he has one, to splash it across the press that he's interested in the job.

Equally, I don't think McIntyre would have been able to attract the calibre that McPake has in the likes of Adam & Cummings who both signed largely because of McPake. He's still shite but.

What has McPake got that’s attracted these guys? Is he genuinely just pally with loads of current players and they fancy playing with their mate?

I’m willing to chalk McIntyres stint at Dundee up as his black mark. He still won the league at Dunfermline and won a trophy at Ross County albeit with a decent budget. I think in the short term he’d see us okay and away from relegation. I still think he’d bolt at the first chance of a Premiership job.

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I still think Peter Houston could emerge into this, he's an experienced guy who likes to go under the radar so isn't going to get his agent, if he has one, to splash it across the press that he's interested in the job.

I am sure he said he did not want to do  the day to day running at a club anymore , might have changed his mind recently , is he not doing scouting work with Celtic  on their opponents?  

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I am sure he said he did not want to do  the day to day running at a club anymore , might have changed his mind recently , is he not doing scouting work with Celtic  on their opponents?  

Yes he is, wasn't sure if he had decided for good to finish with management, could be swayed by opportunity to switch to a technical director role in a couple of years if that is Dave Smith's plans, who knows.

Still think Houston would have been the perfect guy to come in and work alongside Kerr and McCardle, even if it was just on a part time basis around his other commitments.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What has McPake got that’s attracted these guys? Is he genuinely just pally with loads of current players and they fancy playing with their mate?

I’m willing to chalk McIntyres stint at Dundee up as his black mark. He still won the league at Dunfermline and won a trophy at Ross County albeit with a decent budget. I think in the short term he’d see us okay and away from relegation. I still think he’d bolt at the first chance of a Premiership job.

In Cummings case, yes, Cummings said he signed purely because of McPake. In Adam's case, not so much. Adam has stated that previous Dundee manager's haven't contacted him due to a belief that he wouldn't be interested. He was all over the press when he signed saying McPake sold him on the club and went out of his way to get him in. Neil McCann signed Caulker in a similar type of manner so I'd assume he was referring to McIntyre.

12% win record with the budget to sign 15 players in the January transfer window is inexcusable for me and it wasn't as if we had shite all throughout the squad, he chose to offload players like Glenn Kamara, Karl Madianga etc and replace them with Martin Woods, James Horsfield, Craig Curran & Andrew Davies.

31 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Bold claim. He had a team full of footballers who could actually play a bit and emptied the lot to sign the likes of Craig Curran. 

Any manager that decides that Glen Kamara should play second fiddle to Martin Woods does not deserve another position in charge in their career imo. In fairness problems like that aren't what Jim McIntyre would face as Ayr manager, but considering how badly he handled and mismanaged our pressure to avoid relegation despite having the budget and arguably the players to do so, I don't see that being much different in this league.

I enjoyed pointing out Neil McCann's shortcomings as a manager to Caley fans when they appointed him. I'd rather go through 10 more McCann tenures than one more McIntyre one.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I enjoyed pointing out Neil McCann's shortcomings as a manager to Caley fans when they appointed him. I'd rather go through 10 more McCann tenures than one more McIntyre one.

"Madianga, Kamara and their likes have no place here. They don't have the fight or dig to keep Dundee up. Im wanting to sign boys who have stunk this league out and been relegated numerous times to try and avoid relegation". 

Good call, Jum.

22 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is this a whoosh? 

21 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Well this is getting a bit boring

McBookie betting odds aren't available on the website anymore, wonder if they know something we don't.....

Was looking for the odds also , contacted McBookie and was informed the book has now been closed , 

Is this a whoosh? 

Not at all.

If he came to us and had us sitting around the top 4 you’d imagine that would be enough for a Premiership team to offer him a way back to the top flight.