Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

38 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Sheerin managed Arbroath, Glass had a fair shot of Atlanta Uniteds first team, a fairly different proposal.

Don't really follow the MLS, how would you say it compared to the Scottish Premiership in terms of quality, pace & intensity?  Do you know what Glass' win ratio was as interim manager at Atalanta Utd. over his 19 game spell?  Have found it difficult to find anything online stats wise.  

14 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

Sheerin may have the next 7 games in charge....

Yes, that's why it's frustrating that we don't have a fixture this weekend, quite intrigued to see how he will set up next Saturday. 

5 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Don't really follow the MLS, how would you say it compared to the Scottish Premiership in terms of quality, pace & intensity?  Do you know what Glass' win ratio was as interim manager at Atalanta Utd. over his 19 game spell?  Have found it difficult to find anything online stats wise.  

Yes, that's why it's frustrating that we don't have a fixture this weekend, quite intrigued to see how he will set up next Saturday. 

W4, D4, L9 in the MLS.
Edited by Ludo*1

43 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Might be a blessing in disguise for Sheerin though. You have a more time to implement your ideas, think often caretakers don't want to rock the boat in such a short space of time.

54 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Might be a blessing in disguise for Sheerin though. You have a more time to implement your ideas, think often caretakers don't want to rock the boat in such a short space of time.

Sheerin himself has said similar, highlighting the impact on the whole club of McInnes going & giving the players additional time to deal with the change.  Only impatience on my part, as I'd rather be watching my team instead of Ross County this weekend! 

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

Sheerin managed Arbroath, Glass had a fair shot of Atlanta Uniteds first team, a fairly different proposal.

Glass managed them for 17 games....and managed to lose 9 of them...before Atlanta got a proper manager in. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 hours ago, Golden Gordon said:

Don't really follow the MLS, how would you say it compared to the Scottish Premiership in terms of quality, pace & intensity? 

I would say that at the top level it's a fairly decent standard. You can tell that they put a lot of effort into a continental type of game...posession, passing, movement etc. 

Atlanta are undoubtedly one of the  big names in the MLS. They average more than 50K in home crowds, and have attracted over 70K to some games. 

I watched Memphis 901 beat Atlanta reserves in a baseball stadium when Glass managed them in 2019, and the standard at that level (usl) is woeful. Beer and BBQ nachos made the game bearable. I'd still go back though. 

9 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

To be fair, he replaced De Boer and then was replaced by Heinze...not really fair to compare.

Apparently Glass wouldn't have been considered for the job regardless of how well he done, as the board had made their mind up on Heinze. 

As if Heinze and De Boer are some managerial wonders?

De Boer did leave Atlanta in a good place winning 2 national cups, having them finish 2nd in the Eastern Conference and then a quick elimination from a post-covid tournament agreed to part ways, Glass then had them in relegation form finishing 12th for the first time in their short history and Heinze (not exactly a veteran of football management) has not managed a proper game yet.

Frank de Boer, whose jobs before Atlanta were Ajax, Inter and Crystal Palace, and whose job after Atlanta is the Dutch national team? I'd say that does make him a "managerial wonder" compared to a nobody like Stephen Glass.

Just now, CCB19035 said:

Both far larger figures in the game, and you're kidding if you think that doesn't make a difference.

No, you're right it does, but it doesn't completely excuse Glass from taking a team that weren't in a terrible place into relegation form either.

His track record with Atlanta B has been pretty dismal too, has it not?

15 hours ago, rowsdower said:

I watched Memphis 901 beat Atlanta reserves in a baseball stadium when Glass managed them in 2019, and the standard at that level (usl) is woeful. Beer and BBQ nachos made the game bearable. I'd still go back though. 

I've been to DC United v Sporting Kansas City in 2012 and Houston Dynamo v LA Galaxy in 2014 in MSL and both games were awful. Watching the crowd is very interesting though. The former was full of Latinos and the latter attractive blonde women...

22 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

W4, D4, L9 in the MLS.

I've got my concerns about Glass but his record in 17 games for Atlanta is irrelevant I think. I'm sure Fergie's first 17 games at Manchester United wasn't too impressive. Not that I'm comparing Glass to Fergie but its nice to dream...

4 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I've got my concerns about Glass but his record in 17 games for Atlanta is irrelevant I think. I'm sure Fergie's first 17 games at Manchester United wasn't too impressive. Not that I'm comparing Glass to Fergie but its nice to dream...

Maybe so, but he wasn't being touted for the Pittodrie hotseat at the time.

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Frank de Boer, whose jobs before Atlanta were Ajax, Inter and Crystal Palace, and whose job after Atlanta is the Dutch national team? I'd say that does make him a "managerial wonder" compared to a nobody like Stephen Glass.

I take your point in comparison to Glass, but has he not been consistently shit at every club he's been at? Ajax the exception, but they're the biggest club in the Netherlands and would be akin to Neil Lennon taking over at Celtic?

I'm not saying that as a counter point by the way as you're completely correct, just genuinely curious as I had it in my head that De Boer's been an utter disaster as a manager?

I don't want to come across all football w****r, but Heinze is an incredibly highly rated coach in the Americas and it was seemingly a bit of a coup that he ended up at Atlanta.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I take your point in comparison to Glass, but has he not been consistently shit at every club he's been at? Ajax the exception, but they're the biggest club in the Netherlands and would be akin to Neil Lennon taking over at Celtic?

I'm not saying that as a counter point by the way as you're completely correct, just genuinely curious as I had it in my head that De Boer's been an utter disaster as a manager?

De Boer hasn't even lasted a few months at most jobs though?

He was punted pretty quick at Inter after the club changed owners, and then didn't last at Crystal Palace as he had the temerity to change change dietary/training regimes and focus on ball work.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

De Boer hasn't even lasted a few months at most jobs though?

He was punted pretty quick at Inter after the club changed owners, and then didn't last at Crystal Palace as he had the temerity to change change dietary/training regimes and focus on ball work.

Was he not labelled the worst manager ever in the EPL by the English media or something? Vaguely recall some drama like that after he was punted.

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He won four titles in a row with Ajax, the first time they'd ever done that, and probably laid quite a few of the foundations for the team that got to the UEFA Cup final and then to the Champions League semis. He didn't do well at Inter and then only got five games at Palace. I feel like he's maybe in the same boat as someone like Koeman in that people rate him as a coach and he keeps getting jobs, but he also has total disasters.

Edited by craigkillie