Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Right wing people do love posting lots of false accusations, then when confronted they don’t argue their case or bring up any actual evidence and just want to move on. He’ll be moaning about being cancelled in a minute.

Not right wing. Voted against brexit . Never voted Tory/Brexit Party or anyone right wing.

As for the bit in bold . This is glorious irony from independence supporters.

The recent salmond enquiry. "Actual evidence" was hidden by the SNP when trying to fight a case 😆

Evidence in 2014 oil revenues were about to go through the roof? Flimsy id say.

Evidence of why we would be more prosperous independent? Flimsy to non existent. 

Dear god.

12 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Why does not liking the SNP mean you are right wing? 😆

I think you've mixed me up with someone else. I never commented on your opinion of the SNP, dislike or otherwise.

I mentioned those parties because you seem to be an angry contrarian.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

I think you've mixed me up with someone else. I never commented on your opinion of the SNP, dislike or otherwise.

I mentioned those parties because you seem to be an angry contrarian.

Not at all. 

Not angry. Just not a fan of the SNP or the Greens. Who have managed to get a lot of people to follow the golden rules they have created 

(1) Tell anyone who doesn't support us they are Tories or right wing. If they arent it doesnt matter keep saying it.

(2) Remember because the Tories are c***s (true) and right wing that makes us left wing and great. Things are that simple. See SNP hate crime bill for an example of how tolerant and lefty we are.

(3) State support for us as if your life depended on it. Forget evidence, we dont do that 😁

Edited by afc_blockhead

Guest Bob Mahelp
52 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

What this thread I think unequivocally proves is Aberdonians are incapable of sticking to the task at hand. 

I think it was somebody from Dundee who switched signs at the crossroads and sent us all down the wrong path. 

Don't see what Alec Salmond being a fat beast and Nicola Sturgeon being generally incompetent has to do with the merit of Scotland as an independent nation?

Calling an innocent man a “fat beast”

Maybe the unwanted, vile Hate Crime Bill might be worth it after all.

Screenshot taken.

Sorry, Alex Salmond was found innocent. 

My personal opinion is that he was undoubtedly guilty. 

You do know he wasn’t.

You do know it’s a stitch up.

Anyway. ENOUGH. back to football. [emoji23]

IMG_1615592352.125792.thumb.jpg.88dcb4b2323f6bfcf28197de6a14b58b.jpg

31 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Sorry, Alex Salmond was found innocent.

My personal opinion is that he was undoubtedly guilty.

There is a very clear contradiction in those two statements.

Not that I'm defending Salmond here, but it can't be "undoubtedly" if jurors found overwhelming doubt in the case put forward. What I would say is that it's clear that his actions fell below what was considered acceptable conduct.

Don't really buy your previous Sturgeon is "generally incompetent", as again the evidence would suggest otherwise. I have no issue with you disagreeing with her and/or SNP policy though.

Edited by Ric

So, for what can be taken from the last 48hrs, we can conclude:

Aberdeen is made of granite and shite concrete ( @Melanius Mullarkey  ?)

Aberdeen is not as nice as Glasgow. Or Dundee. Or even Edinburgh FFS 

There’s an over-abundance of Tories 

The ‘shire is nice. But much of Scotland’s other shires are also nice, maybe more so.

Douglas Ross comes from somewhere outside Aberdeen.  

Oil money breeds wanks. But these wanks take their money home to spend in Humberside. 

Not one of you has mentioned fash. (Maybe disproving point #3 above).  

Salmond is a not proven creep. 

But no-one has ventured any worthwhile opinion on Aberdeen’s next manager. 

You actually therefore probably deserve the Atlanta Reserve coach and his rag tag band of apparent opportunist hangers on.

HTH. 

Anyway let’s get this holocaust of a thread back on topic

I have been amused at the reaction of some of our fans at the prospect of Brown coming in

Talk of ripping up seasons etc :lol:

Time to grow up. Scottish Football is a village and if we’re employing someone it’s reasonably likely they will have connections to the green or blue b*****ds 

He could easily take a coaching job at Celtic and work with little pressure but he clearly wants to test himself.

He’d get my backing.

Does every fan base have tantrums like this?

9 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I have been amused at the reaction of some of our fans at the prospect of Brown coming in

Time to grow up. Scottish Football is a village and if we’re employing someone it’s reasonably likely they will have connections to the green or blue b*****ds 

He could easily take a coaching job at Celtic and work with little pressure but he clearly wants to test himself.

He’d get my backing.

I wouldn't have a problem with him coming in as a coach, it's the player/coach thing that worries me. You can absolutely guarantee that he'd come here expecting to play every game, and probably would even if his performances didn't merit it. That would limit chances for a more deserving player like Campbell say.

That said, why would he merit a (presumably more senior) coaching role any more than Barry Robson?

38 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

He’d get my backing.

We’re obviously talking in hypotheticals here but...
I don’t have an issue with the baggage of brown the player, I’m not even bothered about him coming in as an assistant in isolation.

I have, however, serious questions about the duo of glass/brown. What’s the credentials, what due diligence has been done, is there experience above them to help out, who else did we look at? 

Im not a man child so I don’t withdraw my support when I don’t like a decision but I would have serious doubts.