Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

@Merkland Red I’m very sorry. I didn’t realise the rabbit hole this thread would go down. 

🤣🤣

53 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Anyway let’s get this holocaust of a thread back on topic

I have been amused at the reaction of some of our fans at the prospect of Brown coming in

Talk of ripping up seasons etc :lol:

Time to grow up. Scottish Football is a village and if we’re employing someone it’s reasonably likely they will have connections to the green or blue b*****ds 

He could easily take a coaching job at Celtic and work with little pressure but he clearly wants to test himself.

He’d get my backing.

Does every fan base have tantrums like this?

Can't stand Scott Brown but if he comes here he'll have my full support. I'm not interested in him failing so I can say "I told you so."

If it is Glass and Brown then they're definitely going to need to take another experienced head in with them.

54 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

We’re obviously talking in hypotheticals here but...
I don’t have an issue with the baggage of brown the player, I’m not even bothered about him coming in as an assistant in isolation.

I have, however, serious questions about the duo of glass/brown. What’s the credentials, what due diligence has been done, is there experience above them to help out, who else did we look at? 

Im not a man child so I don’t withdraw my support when I don’t like a decision but I would have serious doubts. 

Me too but it’s for the same reason as you and nothing to do with the fact he is Celtic captain 

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Anyway let’s get this holocaust of a thread back on topic

I have been amused at the reaction of some of our fans at the prospect of Brown coming in

Talk of ripping up seasons etc :lol:

Time to grow up. Scottish Football is a village and if we’re employing someone it’s reasonably likely they will have connections to the green or blue b*****ds 

He could easily take a coaching job at Celtic and work with little pressure but he clearly wants to test himself.

He’d get my backing.

Does every fan base have tantrums like this?

It's just as well social media wasn't around in the late 1970s.

Can you imagine the "I'm not getting  a season ticket" furores at us appointing the Celtic 9 in a row captain and European Cup winner as manager or the meltdown at appointing an ex Rangers player who had just been sacked by St Mirren.........

There will be a coaching job at Celtic for Broonie when he finishes playing, maybe the under 18's.
I think Scott Brown will see this opportunity if offered, coming to soon for him. 
I've said before if Clarke took the aberdeen job he would split Celtic and sevco that's the type of manager McCormack should be looking for.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There will be a coaching job at Celtic for Broonie when he finishes playing, maybe the under 18's.
I think Scott Brown will see this opportunity if offered, coming to soon for him. 
I've said before if Clarke took the aberdeen job he would split Celtic and sevco that's the type of manager McCormack should be looking for.

Ignoring just about everything you said, I’ve always found the target of ‘splitting’ the OF very odd. 

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ignoring just about everything you said, I’ve always found the target of ‘splitting’ the OF very odd. 

For me the diddies are getting better and so is the league,they're very good managers in the league so Aberdeen need to show a little bit more ambition or they will get left behind.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

For me the diddies are getting better and so is the league,they're very good managers in the league so Aberdeen need to show a little bit more ambition or they will get left behind.

Other than rangers, who've obviously been very good this season, I think it's one of the poorest standard of premier(ship) leagues there's been.  

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Other than rangers, who've obviously been very good this season, I think it's one of the poorest standard of premier(ship) leagues there's been.  

Yeah, but you're looking at the actual quality of teams, not their "will to win"...

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Agreed. Given how bad Aberdeen have been yet can still potentially be best of the rest kind of says it all. Celtic have been their worst in over 2 decades but Willy is just pretending it’s not that.

6 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

True.

Celtic - dreadful- 2nd

Aberdeen- honking - 4th

Livi- 5th!

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Strange coming from a fan of a club that has just won a cup,if you look at clubs in their own merits they're all doing pretty good.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Strange coming from a fan of a club that has just won a cup,if you look at clubs in their own merits they're all doing pretty good.

I'm not looking at it in isolation of how St Johnstone's season has gone, which has obviously ended up excellent. I'm talking about the overall quality of the league.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Agreed. Given how bad Aberdeen have been yet can still potentially be best of the rest kind of says it all. Celtic have been their worst in over 2 decades but Willy is just pretending it’s not that.

Aberdeen needed to change their manager a season ago, sevco have played winning football yes Celtic have been poor this season but the standard has been very high.
Goodwin has improved St Mirren, Jack has done well at Hibs,Davidson has continued the good work done by Wright. 

44 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

It's just as well social media wasn't around in the late 1970s.

Can you imagine the "I'm not getting  a season ticket" furores at us appointing the Celtic 9 in a row captain and European Cup winner as manager or the meltdown at appointing an ex Rangers player who had just been sacked by St Mirren.........

I'd like to think that in the summer of 1977 (when Billy McNeill was appointed) and 1978 (when he was replaced by Fergie) that the supporters had trust in the highly competent Chris Anderson had went through the proper process of taking applications, interviewing and identifying the best candidate. 

Unfortunately, fast forward to 2021, and it doesn't appear that Dave Cormack has been so thorough. It's natural that supporters should be concerned if Stephen Glass is appointed. He doesn't seem to be best qualified for the role and Cormack could be accused of using a form of nepotism than merit to fill the role. 

Of course, nepotism is prevalent in football. For instance, managers nearly always appoint friends as their assistants like Glass with Brown. However, the concern is that this is the Executive Chairman seemingly employing this flawed method to identify his man. 

In my opinion, it has a faint whiff of the Vladimir Romanovs about it... 

Edited by Bogbrush1903

So was Brown's atrocious and season-ending tackle on Marley Watkins last October part of a masterplan ?! First phase worked pretty well. Without Marley our form eventually got Derek & Doc sacked.....[emoji848]