Sarah Everard

58 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Relax folks. Someone shared this definitely not far-fetched at all version of event on Facebook earlier 😂

Tonights vigil for Sarah. A female Officers point of view:
It started with mainly only female officers overlooking a civil vigil. When numbers grew and social distancing seized more officers were called.
When police officers tried to crowd control and remove people from stamping on flowers for Sarah they refused. Then it kicked off
Then I saw people being arrested and my colleagues being assaulted when trying to transport said prisoner.
Then I saw our vehicles being vandalised with spray with the word ACAB and a mirror being smashed.
Then I thought what would Sarah’s family think about this?
Then I saw and heard my colleagues being abused. They were called murderes, rapists, a female colleague was told it should have been her. And we were told to arrest each other. This is not ok.
Sarah’s family and friends have been so gracious under the circumstances. I do not believe they would want this to happen. If it was me I would not want this to happen. Stop think and be civil we are all humans and we all are angry at what happened. We do not need more violence.
I am a woman. I am a police officer. I am very proud of being both. This week has me exhausted. Physically from the job and mentally by all this.
We are not at fault for what happened because if we knew we would have done what we could to stop it.
To finalise this rant, to my colleagues: I am proud of you. You were insulted beyond what we are used to. We stand by our uniform, we’re proud to carry this warrant card so we can uphold the great office of Constable. Thank you for being there today hope you are all ok. 💙

Well at least we know of someone else with a Thin Blue Line badge.

I can’t imagine what it must be like to be the type of person who is so subservient to authority that they immediately accept the version of events given by the Metropolitan police as gospel and don’t think any more about the subject.

Must be quite blissful, really. I’m a little jealous.

51 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I have deliberately tried not to take sides in this debate. So I’m not looking to make any defence of the police or anyone else.
Just looking at the post above from the female police officer, whilst probably biased, it’s content has started to and will be dismissed out of hand. No discussion re whether any aspects of it may or may not be valid.
My concern here is that people are taking positions and deliberately ridiculing anyone who has a different perspective.
As I said, there are probably faults in the police and faults in the protestors. The one undeniable fact is that, despite our sympathies to the cause, the protestors were doing so illegally.
I’d rather understand what’s really happened rather than take a side. Others on here clearly are unwilling to consider both sides of the argument so it’s pointless even trying.....

The exact same cultish learned response you see from every q anon conspiracy nut when  challenged on how their views are flawed. Whenever backed into a corner they always come back with "I'm not saying this is my opinion, I'm just saying do your own research".

A classic coward's fall back. The non position of someone afraid or unable to stand up for the point they've tried to make.

The exact same cultish learned response you see from every q anon conspiracy nut when  challenged on how their views are flawed. Whenever backed into a corner they always come back with "I'm not saying this is my opinion, I'm just saying do your own research".
A classic coward's fall back. The non position of someone afraid or unable to stand up for the point they've tried to make.

What a load up of tosh.
Thanks for assisting me to make my very point about taking positions though.
Clearly there are no shades of grey in your world....

6 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

What a load up of tosh.
Thanks for assisting me to make my very point about taking positions though.
Clearly there are no shades of grey in your world....

Nope, @Sweet Pete is absolutely correct. For example, you made an as yet undefined insinuation about me because my username is a Joy Division track. But, to the surprise of absolutely no one, you refuse to actually come out and say whatever pish you were thinking, presumably because you already know it's pish and also know you'll receive even further ridicule for it. 

You are undoubtedly a snivelling, bootlicking coward. 

8 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Relax folks. Someone shared this definitely not far-fetched at all version of event on Facebook earlier 😂

Tonights vigil for Sarah. A female Officers point of view:
It started with mainly only female officers overlooking a civil vigil. When numbers grew and social distancing seized more officers were called.
When police officers tried to crowd control and remove people from stamping on flowers for Sarah they refused. Then it kicked off
Then I saw people being arrested and my colleagues being assaulted when trying to transport said prisoner.
Then I saw our vehicles being vandalised with spray with the word ACAB and a mirror being smashed.
Then I thought what would Sarah’s family think about this?
Then I saw and heard my colleagues being abused. They were called murderes, rapists, a female colleague was told it should have been her. And we were told to arrest each other. This is not ok.
Sarah’s family and friends have been so gracious under the circumstances. I do not believe they would want this to happen. If it was me I would not want this to happen. Stop think and be civil we are all humans and we all are angry at what happened. We do not need more violence.
I am a woman. I am a police officer. I am very proud of being both. This week has me exhausted. Physically from the job and mentally by all this.
We are not at fault for what happened because if we knew we would have done what we could to stop it.
To finalise this rant, to my colleagues: I am proud of you. You were insulted beyond what we are used to. We stand by our uniform, we’re proud to carry this warrant card so we can uphold the great office of Constable. Thank you for being there today hope you are all ok. 💙

image.thumb.jpeg.8415c63b0ad4a894c5fb3ec9c00de7b5.jpeg

At least when the Americans were shouting "no justice, no peace" they actually meant it somehow I can't see protests in the UK being so effective border force have to dress as police officers to maintain law and order.

It's a shame but we really aren't very good at protests in the UK, a million people at the protest against the Iraq war and they were still ignored. We need lessons from the French

On 14/03/2021 at 07:43, Mark Connolly said:

Surprised Inanimate Carbon Plod hasn't been in to defend the operational decisions of the Police

TBF to him, I saw him mention in another thread about it, and he said that he was staying out of this thread, so he might not even have read any of this

The solution is more police dogs and fewer policemen. The dogs know how to cut through all the pish. They’d have sided with the ladies and likely sat and listened obediently to the Clapham speeches and likely made friends for life by sharing some biscuits. They instinctively know who is right and who is wrong. 

image.jpeg.20b8087d0ea5182f0d3b191434855ca5.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par Decorator said:

The solution is more police dogs and fewer policemen. The dogs know how to cut through all the pish. They’d have sided with the ladies and likely sat and listened obediently to the Clapham speeches and likely made friends for life by sharing some biscuits. They instinctively know who is right and who is wrong. 

George Square last week: "Release the hounds"

Lockdown must have been a pretty boring time to be a riot police person right enough. Chuck a wee grenade in to liven things up in time for the lifting of restrictions. Taking on the lassies was like a preseason game for them.

1 minute ago, Shandon Par Decorator said:

Lockdown must have been a pretty boring time to be a riot police person right enough. Chuck a wee grenade in to liven things up in time for the lifting of restrictions. Taking on the lassies was like a preseason game for them.

Celtic fans facing a tricky away tie against the feminists on the opening day of the season.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par Decorator said:

Women, dogs, dogs, women. I can see where you're going with this. You are the problem.

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Nope, @Sweet Pete is absolutely correct. For example, you made an as yet undefined insinuation about me because my username is a Joy Division track. But, to the surprise of absolutely no one, you refuse to actually come out and say whatever pish you were thinking, presumably because you already know it's pish and also know you'll receive even further ridicule for it. 

You are undoubtedly a snivelling, bootlicking coward. 

Wait till he sees your Joy Division Oven Gloves.

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

TBF to him, I saw him mention in another thread about it, and he said that he was staying out of this thread, so he might not even have read any of this

Lucky him!