Sarah Everard

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I have deliberately tried not to take sides in this debate. So I’m not looking to make any defence of the police or anyone else.
Just looking at the post above from the female police officer, whilst probably biased, it’s content has started to and will be dismissed out of hand. No discussion re whether any aspects of it may or may not be valid.
My concern here is that people are taking positions and deliberately ridiculing anyone who has a different perspective.
As I said, there are probably faults in the police and faults in the protestors. The one undeniable fact is that, despite our sympathies to the cause, the protestors were doing so illegally.
I’d rather understand what’s really happened rather than take a side. Others on here clearly are unwilling to consider both sides of the argument so it’s pointless even trying.....

The other undeniable fact is that a woman was murdered by a serving police officer. I’m not sure what the other side of the argument is.

If you’re more annoyed with folk gathering (not protesting) illegally to show solidarity in this god awful situation than you are with the actual situation of a serving polis murdering someone then I’m not sure these too much to debate here.

Enjoy your night, as they say.

1 minute ago, Wile E Coyote said:

If only the Met had a track record of telling the truth when they make a mistake rather than making up utter shite as in the Charles De Menezes case

Hey, at least they didn't do something ridiculous like actually promote the fucking idiot in charge of that shambles. 

The other undeniable fact is that a woman was murdered by a serving police officer. I’m not sure what the other side of the argument is.
If you’re more annoyed with folk gathering (not protesting) illegally to show solidarity in this god awful situation than you are with the actual situation of a serving polis murdering someone then I’m not sure these too much to debate here.
Enjoy your night, as they say.

So are you saying that as this happened, we should no longer trust anyone serving in the police service as they are probably all the same?
Actually what IS it you are trying to say?…

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

So are you saying that as this happened, we should no longer trust anyone serving in the police service as they are probably all the same?
Actually what IS it you are trying to say?…

What the f**k are you havering on about now? 

I've only recently come to realise how much my understanding of the Jean Charles de Menzes case came from the media spin at the time, and that much of the accepted narrative regarding the explanation they had for shooting him was completely made up and pushed to the press by the Met to cover their arses. I'd imagine a fair chunk of the British public still think he was acting suspiciously, running through the station or whatever., rather than the reality which is that the police made a complete and utter, unmitigated c**t of it.

Edited by Fratelli

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

So are you saying that as this happened, we should no longer trust anyone serving in the police service as they are probably all the same

You're very warm.

Just now, Fratelli said:

I've only recently come to realise how much my understanding of the Jean Charles de Menzes case came from the media spin at the time, and that much of the accepted narrative regarding the explanation they had for shooting him was completely made up and pushed to the press by the Met to cover their arses. I'd imagine a fair chunk of the British public still think he was acting suspiciously, running through the station or whatever., rather than the reality which is that the police made a complete and utter, unmitigated c**t of it.

Yep, it's absolutely incredible and depressing in equal measure just how much the myth surrounding his death has stuck.

No winter coat was worn, no jumping the barrier from de Menezes, no firing shots from a distance, shot seven times from point blank.

Scum of the fucking earth, so of course they rewarded Cressida Dick with a promotion for brazenly lying her way through it all.

I fucking hate the police if it wasn't obvious.

Edited by HibsFan

22 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

As I said, there are probably faults in the police and faults in the protestors. The one undeniable fact is that, despite our sympathies to the cause, the protestors were doing so illegally.

Haha, wait till you find out what they were protesting about.

I feel for posters who bitch about a forum while continuing to post in volume on said forum.
Shame on whoever's forcing them to do so.

Someone needs to bring a bit of balance.
I’ll leave you to carry on ‘bitching’.
Nice choice of term on this forum incidentally....