Sarah Everard

A few pages back there was a discussion around peoples' motives for joining the police.

When I grow up I want to be a firefighter so I can save lives.
When I grow up I want to be a nurse so I can help sick people.
When I grow up I want to be a police officer so I can protect statues and beat up women holding peaceful vigils to honour another woman  murdered by one of my colleagues.

Every kid needs a dream.

9 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

IMG_2176.jpg

A girl from my school who is an expert in all things vaccine and Bill Gates has managed to inform us all of what actually happened.

Question everything except what the police are doing and why.

14 minutes ago, Shandon Par Decorator said:

Protecting Churchill from gangs of dog thieves.

He had a wee blue bit of ribbon tied to his fence so they don't want to take any chances

7 hours ago, Ross. said:

Worse than that. The fly in The Acid House watched his mum peg his dad while his dad recited the Hibs team.

YA FUCKIN PHILANDERIN' b*****d

edit: lol im just remembering her taking a phone call from a family member in the middle of all that scene, classic

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

IMG_2176.thumb.jpg.61ea4228e12c126384f4a003b096ca66.jpg

A girl from my school who is an expert in all things vaccine and Bill Gates has managed to inform us all of what actually happened.

Well I for one am shocked to see that this person, who went on Sky today to highlight how innocent she was and how terribly the police treated her, turns out to be on the bandstand with a megaphone telling the crowd not to disperse as the police can’t do anything.
Of course, on here there are no shades of grey as the PC mob (not PC as in police though[emoji3]) will tell you one side was entirely at fault battering poor wee lassies.
Somewhat ironic that anyone who dare ‘question everything’ will get the usual barrage of abuse by socially unaware posters though.
I’ll leave this one here and politely bail out....

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Well I for one am shocked to see that this person, who went on Sky today to highlight how innocent she was and how terribly the police treated her turns out to be on the bandstand with a megaphone telling the crowd not to disperse as the police can’t do anything.
Of course, on here there are no shades of grey as the PC mob (not PC as in police thoughemoji3.png) will tell you one side was entirely at fault battering poor wee lassies.
Somewhat ironic that anyone who dare ‘question everything’ will get the usual barrage of abuse by socially unaware posters though.
I’ll leave this one here and politely bail out....

Sorry, you seem to think that you've made a good point here. Can you help me find it?

One woman "turns out to be on the bandstand with a megaphone telling the crowd not to disperse as the police can’t do anything."

The police then manhandle and drag her and several women away (seemingly on command from higher above).

That sounds like one side at fault to me, chump.

Sorry, you seem to think that you've made a good point here. Can you help me find it?
One woman "turns out to be on the bandstand with a megaphone telling the crowd not to disperse as the police can’t do anything."
The police then manhandle and drag her and several women away (seemingly on command from higher above).
That sounds like one side at fault to me, chump.

I’m going to say this one last time.
The police were heavy handed. However this was not only an illegal event (despite the importance of the cause) and its very clear re the the lack of social distancing which they have to enforce.
If the police ask you to disperse, you disperse. If not you get arrested.
From what little any of us get to see there were scuffles as some were resisting arrest and it clearly escalated into something no one wants to happen. Questions are rightly being asked.
Fault on both sides IMO.
End of message as it’s pointless trying to discuss and debate when minds are already closed.....

Just now, roman_bairn said:

I’m going to say this one last time.
The police were heavy handed. However this was not only an illegal event (despite the importance of the cause) and its very clear re the the lack of social distancing which they have to enforce.
If the police ask you to disperse, you disperse. If not you get arrested.
From what little any of us get to see there were scuffles as some were resisting arrest and it clearly escalated into something no one wants to happen. Questions are rightly being asked.
Fault on both sides IMO.
End of message as it’s pointless trying to discuss and debate when minds are already closed.....

I haven't seen footage of her with a megaphone, is there any links to it? I couldn't see it on the Twitter account quoted either.

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

YA FUCKIN PHILANDERIN' b*****d

edit: lol im just remembering her taking a phone call from a family member in the middle of all that scene, classic

"Listen hen, me and yer dad have just sat doon tae wur tea. Give me aboot hauf an 'oor and al phone ye back and we can get a gid wee blether then"

17 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I haven't seen footage of her with a megaphone, is there any links to it? I couldn't see it on the Twitter account quoted either.

A couple of newspaper articles about the redhead pictured being arrested make reference later in the articles to "a woman with a megaphone" and arresting a "woman in the bandstand", but don't state it was the same person. A truly stunning development. 

A couple of newspaper articles about the redhead pictured being arrested make reference later in the articles to "a woman with a megaphone" and arresting a "woman in the bandstand", but don't state it was the same person. A truly stunning development. 

Watch Sky news timeline of events to see her in action.....

26 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Watch Sky news timeline of events to see her in action.....

By 'see her in action' do you mean reading this bit?

Patsy Stevenson, who is on the bandstand, addresses the crowd and tells the police to "go home".
Using a loudspeaker, she says; "Are we going to leave and go home?"
A shout of "no!" is heard from people in the crowd.
"Are you sure?", Ms Stevenson adds. "Yes!" the crowd responds.
Ms Stevenson then says: "Then the police should go home. I'm done being bullied by police."

Because that's all I could find in the report which could be construed as wrong-doing on her part. Everything else on that timeline simply reinforces the narrative that the police were the problem.

By 'see her in action' do you mean reading this bit?
Patsy Stevenson, who is on the bandstand, addresses the crowd and tells the police to "go home".
Using a loudspeaker, she says; "Are we going to leave and go home?"
A shout of "no!" is heard from people in the crowd.
"Are you sure?", Ms Stevenson adds. "Yes!" the crowd responds.
Ms Stevenson then says: "Then the police should go home. I'm done being bullied by police."
Because that's all I could find in the report which could be construed as wrong-doing on her part. Everything else on that timeline simply reinforces the narrative that the police were the problem.

I meant the TV report, not the website.
Irrespective she was claiming to be naive and to be being coerced by others behind her in the crowd. That’s certainly not the case.
Given that the police were asking the crowd to disperse, her screaming down a megaphone something along the lines of ‘stay where you are, they can’t do anything’ to the crowd is a reason for the police to arrest her.
But you are clearly looking for a defence so as I said, closed minds....
And to remind you again, I believe there were faults in the police being heavy handed too.
It IS possible to come to a conclusion other than it’s only one parties fault. (Except on here).

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

But you are clearly looking for a defence so I said, closed minds....

If that's what you took from the comment of mine you quoted, well I'm not sure there's anywhere else for you to go on this.