Sarah Everard

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

I was also pleased to see that inappropriate content on WhatsApp was called out by the other members of the group.  Looks from the outside as there being one particular arsehole.  

Does it? One colleague called him out on it being inappropriate, but the court deems the organisation as having a boys club mentality. It's not one particular arsehole that breeds that sort of mentality through an organisation, it's a long line of arseholes who have gone unchallenged. Another Firearms Instructor is quoted as telling someone that women shouldn't be firearms officers because they menstruate. That Warhurst c**t comes out with that "balance of testosterone" shite too. Fair fucks to Ms Malone for standing up to it when clearly no one else has. 

Looks like the Metropolitan Police's finest are ganging up on that protester they slammed to the ground at a vigil for Sarah Everard and mobbing her Tinder profile en masse. It's not entirely clear whether this is a deliberate campaign of intimidation or whether it's just a more ad-hoc spate of misogynist bullying, but there definitely seems to be a defiant 'f**k you, we'll do what we want' aspect to the mindset here.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/oct/06/fifty-police-officers-contacted-woman-arrested-at-sarah-everard-vigil-on-tinder

7 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Looks like the Metropolitan Police's finest are ganging up on that protester they slammed to the ground at a vigil for Sarah Everard and mobbing her Tinder profile en masse. It's not entirely clear whether this is a deliberate campaign of intimidation or whether it's just a more ad-hoc spate of misogynist bullying, but there definitely seems to be a defiant 'f**k you, we'll do what we want' aspect to the mindset here.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/oct/06/fifty-police-officers-contacted-woman-arrested-at-sarah-everard-vigil-on-tinder

This story doesn't make any sense. Unless she also liked them to match?

Poor security guards getting bracketed with the pigs as well.

Edited by Detournement

Does it? One colleague called him out on it being inappropriate, but the court deems the organisation as having a boys club mentality. It's not one particular arsehole that breeds that sort of mentality through an organisation, it's a long line of arseholes who have gone unchallenged. Another Firearms Instructor is quoted as telling someone that women shouldn't be firearms officers because they menstruate. That Warhurst c**t comes out with that "balance of testosterone" shite too. Fair fucks to Ms Malone for standing up to it when clearly no one else has. 
Given that Warhurst appears to have been dishonest at a tribunal, have gross misconduct proceedings either begun, or likely to begin?

Surely this in itself is a massive reason why public trust and indeed respect for the Polis is in the bin? That an inspector can basically behave like a c**t, lie to a Tribunal and in all likelihood face no consequences whatsoever is an utter disgrace.

I represent appellants at Tribunals myself. If I tried to lie to, or fabricate evidence to a tribunal I'd be punted for gross misconduct.

Surely this in itself is a massive reason why public trust and indeed respect for the Polis is in the bin? That an inspector can basically behave like a c**t, lie to a Tribunal and in all likelihood face no consequences whatsoever is an utter disgrace.

I represent appellants at Tribunals myself. If I tried to lie to, or fabricate evidence to a tribunal I'd be punted for gross misconduct.
Absolutely. In every hearing or tribunal I've been a representative, the one piece of advice I have always given is "tell the truth."
When you're in the shit, lying will only drop you deeper.
Plus, it's almost a given (in my experience) that Management will be at best economical with the actualité, so consistent honesty affords you residency on the moral high ground, which does no harm.

On 01/10/2021 at 08:28, No_Problemo said:

I have far less trust in the police now, having seen some of the practice than I did before joining. Ultimately, it is the “bad apples” but the issue the general public have is that we have no idea who they are when dealing with the police. 

Body cam footage would of course help with all of this, it may also encourage the public to make complaints when dealing with the power hungry arseholes as they may be believed. 

I was actually discussing this with my partner last night, and she said if pulled over by the police she would refuse to go into their car by herself. This is something which should be being considered by the police right now, and a statement released - they shouldn’t be putting people in a position where they feel vulnerable. 

I must admit I’ve rarely heard an ex-police officer admit that before, that they have less trust in them now than before they joined. Usually the guard is fully up wether they have left or retired, and they still feel obligated to defend their colleagues actions. With regards to your point about the public not knowing who they are dealing with, do you think it would be fair to say that the job attracts a certain type of character? That’s not to paint every single officer in the same way, as I am fully aware there is kind, compassionate people in the police, but in my experience a fair majority of them share certain unpleasant characteristics.

It seems to me that most police officers start out with genuinely good intentions, and a fairytale idea in their head of what the job will entail. As you said earlier, when they are faced with the ‘bad apples’, their mundane duties or the pressure to tow the line from their superiors, they realise they aren’t going to be making the difference they thought they would. Those ‘bad apples’ are also emboldened by the security they have just by being a police officer; if they fabricate a police assault charge and need to testify in a court as a police witness, everything they say about that police assault charge will be a lie and a charge of perjury should follow. Obviously the police aren’t that stupid that they would ever find themselves in that situation, because they have a fellow police witness to back up their fictional assault and no judge is ever going to go against two police witnesses. 

However what happens in reality is, the Procurator Fiscal use that fabricated police assault charge as a bargaining piece against the defence lawyer, they offer to drop the (non-existent) police assault in exchange for a plea of guilt in another charge, meaning the police officers who have lied about the charge don’t face any difficult questions and the accused gets landed with an assault/B.O.P. conviction etc., without even going to trial. Everyone’s happy apart from the one person that this whole justice system is supposed to protect. In the eyes of the law the police have acted impeccably, a judge gets an afternoon off, the PF look good with an easy conviction, a lying policeman goes home to his family and the poor guy that’s accused gets farted out on to the street with a criminal record, wether he deserved it or not. I’m not the most upstanding member of society but I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night knowing that was the sort of stuff I got up to in my day job, making another persons life worse just because I could. 

My cousins husband that I mentioned in my previous post has close friends that are serving, and he still gets to hear some of the goings on from them. I’ve sat and had a few drinks with him on occasion and he’s told me some stuff that if I posted it on here I would get called a liar for. Basically, if it’s going to affect a police officers career in any way, heaven and earth will be moved to throw some poor member of the public under the bus in order to hide it, no matter what consequences that person will face. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

Sitting on the train back to Edinburgh after the game tonight, steaming guy grabs a young (and I mean young) girl walking passed by the arm and shouts “I would smash you” and his pals laugh. Him being built like a brick shithouse and steaming, and I being the coward I am, along with everyone around me, say nothing to avoid getting a kicking. Sitting feeling pretty sick tbh, made even worse by the fact she just shook him off and walked off like it was a regular occurrence.

Alcohol regularly used as an excuse for disgraceful behaviour, but I just cannot fathom how a grown man can act like that and not realise they are an absolute scumbag.

Sitting on the train back to Edinburgh after the game tonight, steaming guy grabs a young (and I mean young) girl walking passed by the arm and shouts “I would smash you” and his pals laugh. Him being built like a brick shithouse and steaming, and I being the coward I am, along with everyone around me, say nothing to avoid getting a kicking. Sitting feeling pretty sick tbh, made even worse by the fact she just shook him off and walked off like it was a regular occurrence.
Alcohol regularly used as an excuse for disgraceful behaviour, but I just cannot fathom how a grown man can act like that and not realise they are an absolute scumbag.

This sort of shit infuriates me. Cat calling on the way down Cathcart Rd heard a few times, people just passing it off as banter. Needs stamped out.

22 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It’s hard to intervene publicly with stuff like that, especially if you are alone and they are in a big group and drink is involved. 

Is it any harder than confronting it in the work place or anywhere else though? These just sounds like excuses that are made up for not confronting scumbaggery which sums up the entire situation perfectly.

12 minutes ago, throbber said:

Is it any harder than confronting it in the work place or anywhere else though? These just sounds like excuses that are made up for not confronting scumbaggery which sums up the entire situation perfectly.

I imagine you are less likely to be assaulted for challenging people on the workplace than challenging a load of pissed strangers.