Nathan Paterson

On 11/03/2022 at 16:59, albagubrath said:

A year in the Championship did Andy Robertson no harm at all.

That's the point,  Robertson played wherever he went,  as didn't make the big move too soon and improved 

So far Patterson hasn't played anywhere he's been 

A drop into the championship,  with any side, would be great for him

4 minutes ago, Binos said:

That's the point,  Robertson played wherever he went,  as didn't make the big move too soon and improved 

So far Patterson hasn't played anywhere he's been 

A drop into the championship,  with any side, would be great for him

Robertson didn't play for Liverpool for about what, 4 months?

He's a young guy who's made a big step up in terms of the level he's playing at, and he's totally unproven in terms of how good he actually is. I don't think he has the right to be going and demanding anything, he can't have expected to go straight into Everton to be first choice when he wasn't even first choice at Rangers. He needs to knuckle down and wait for his chance, which will come.

Is it possible that he has an injury which is why he hasn't been named in either the squad or the 23s?
I agree if he doesn't have an injury or covid then it is pretty poor to keep him out of both squads.
That's what I was wondering too. Falling out of the picture entirely seems too sharp a drop otherwise.

Not really though, he's had a mixed bag for Scotland and hasn't really played against anyone that good for us, and I can only think of two or three good performances against semi-decent opponents for Rangers.
So there is some evidence of how good he is then (not necessarily that he is good).

2 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

On 21 July 2017, Robertson signed with Liverpool. On 19 August, he made his debut in a 1–0 win over Crystal Palace, winning the Man of the Match award.

To be fair I’m sure he wasn’t a regular to begin with as Klopp said he wanted to ease him into the team.

5 hours ago, Clown Job said:

To be fair I’m sure he wasn’t a regular to begin with as Klopp said he wanted to ease him into the team.

Correct, and Robertson confirmed that Klopp gave him a bollocking after that MOTM performance for not doing what was asked of him.

Also took time bedding in Fabinho and Thiago as well. It's farily common in modern football for players to take time to transition (Sancho at Man Utd would be another example).

10 hours ago, Captain Saintsible said:

On 21 July 2017, Robertson signed with Liverpool. On 19 August, he made his debut in a 1–0 win over Crystal Palace, winning the Man of the Match award.

well, one or two games for Robertson in his first 4-6 months after arriving at Liverpool completely blows out the water my attempt to compare to Patterson's situation.

TBH, it’s probably a good thing he isn’t playing right now, especially if he isn’t ready. Everton are in a massive mess and all the players will take a lot of flak for that, it could damage his chances there if he goes in at a really low point, especially for a debut in the Pl.

If he trains hard and keeps his head down, he should get a lot more opportunity if they do go down to the championship and start with a clean slate. A season there won’t hurt him at all.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

And yet 3 0 down with horrendous defence, he still refuses to put him on

It doesn’t seem to just be Patterson, they have a couple of other young players who have only had one or two games then been bombed out.

He seems generally unwilling to use younger players which is perhaps not that unusual if you are in a relegation fight or desperate for some form, but seems a bit daft not to try when the older players are constantly performing terribly as they did again today.

It doesn’t seem to just be Patterson, they have a couple of other young players who have only had one or two games then been bombed out.
He seems generally unwilling to use younger players which is perhaps not that unusual if you are in a relegation fight or desperate for some form, but seems a bit daft not to try when the older players are constantly performing terribly as they did again today.
Yeh, surely the cup when u go 2 0 down is the perfect time to do it

3 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
4 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Yeh, surely the cup when u go 2 0 down is the perfect time to do it

You’d think so. I really don’t know why he didn’t use the cup games to try and bring some of their younger players into the game and get them some match time. I don’t necessarily even mean Patterson, though it would be good to see him play, but any of them.

I said earlier in the thread I thought it was odd that he played Patterson against Boreham Wood and took him off at halftime when he was playing well. I know it was tactical but surely getting a good look at these players and getting them a game is more useful for a relegation fight,  than going one more round in the cup. He must have known realistically they weren’t really playing well enough to win it.