The All-New Polis Discussion Thread

Straw Poll  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 21/04/2021 at 14:28, Shotgun said:

In your opinion; why don't this majority of decent, honest cops deal with the small minority of bad apple 'bad cops'? Given the problems the latter cause, you would think they'd want them off the force. And if the numbers are really as lo-sided as we're told; it shouldn't be too hard, should it?  They have the numbers to make it happen.

So why don't they? 

In my old man's experience the 'bad cops' weren't so much corrupt as lazy. I know of one who was sacked for not checking on his prisoners every 15 minutes (CCTV showed he checked them every 3-4 hours). 

He had two probationers. One went on to be the Chief Constable of Fife. The other was convicted (after he had retired) of defrauding his own mother out of her life savings. You get a mixed bag but the majority do the job and do it well.

Just saw a bunch of kids climbing all about peoples boats in plain view of two fat officers in their car, one even pointed to them only to not do anything.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Just saw a bunch of kids climbing all about peoples boats in plain view of two fat officers in their car, one even pointed to them only to not do anything.

Their shift probably finished at 8 or 9. The last thing they want is to be chasing some scallies around the harbour. 

I was on the Broomielaw yesterday, as I am almost every workday. 4 coppers on bikes rode past me all at once. I have never saw a copper on the Broomielaw in 6 years of taking a walk down there. 

Sun out and they decide they wanna go a bike ride together? What's the deal there? 

On 23/04/2021 at 17:05, BillyAnchor said:

She snitched on her own son? 

No. She was old when it happened and social work got involved when her phone got cut off. They left her under a pound in her bank account.

The gory details are here: https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15607579.ex-policeman-left-counting-cost-family-plundering-mothers-bank-account/

An ex-copper friend of mine used to occasionally partake in a bit of urban climbing around Edinburgh on dry days (the older sandstone buildings supposedly have excellent grip).

On one occasion, after dressing down a bit and traversing some terrace before putting his full uniform back on, some woman went up to him to report a supposed attempted burglary.  He quickly realised that that the supposed burglar being reported was actually him (whilst she was oblivious to this fact).  Of course, instead of admitting to the situation, he then made it look like he was hunting for himself.  "Don't worry, we'll find the culprit..."

• 2 weeks later...
You just know they'll get off with it
Definitely, how they'll spin kicking someone in the head repeatedly after they've been knocked out by a taser being deployed at 3x the standard time as self defence but you just know it'll happen.

On 04/05/2021 at 15:22, Brother Blades said:

Hadn’t really heard the details of the Dalian Atkinson case. Pretty disgusting things coming out in court.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-56979521

ACAB

What a horrible pair of b*****ds. The family should be allowed to batter them as part of any punishment.

5 hours ago, Pato said:

Reads very much like he was battering the guy as if to show off his protective credentials to the woman. How the f**k can police officers who are in a relationship work the beat together anyway?

The original 2 cops involved in the Rodney King car chase that ended in his beating were also a couple, maybe even husband and wife. I wondered the very same thing then.

7 hours ago, Pato said:

Reads very much like he was battering the guy as if to show off his protective credentials to the woman. How the f**k can police officers who are in a relationship work the beat together anyway?

"Are you going to batter him or do I have to do it? You're kicking him wrong, don't kick him there. Taser him..."

• 1 month later...

The guy who was in charge of Catford CID, I think his name is Sid Fillery, became Jonathan Rees’ new business partner following Morgan’s murder. He remained a partner following his retirement from the police.

Fillery was later convicted of possession of child abuse images. Rees was convicted of planting cocaine in the car of a clients ex-wife, who he was in a custody battle with. Very fine people! 

• 2 months later...