The All-New Polis Discussion Thread

Straw Poll  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, 101 said:

It's becoming the France of the UK

There is an area in Bristol called Montpellier. I used to visit Bristol quite a lot, I've enjoyed the riots, pointing out to her "nice pub just round the corner from there or good chip shop just up from that".

I hope there's still riots when I get back, it'll give me something to watch.

I know a few. One of them is a really good guy, but the others are all precisely the type of people who should not be in the police.
One of them memorably whipped out his badge and threatened to arrest somebody at a barbecue for double parking him. Absolute sake. Fortunately in this situation he was surrounded by people like me who have known him since he was a really young kid. He's our mate's wee brother. He was laughed out the room and ended up pretending he'd been joking all along. This arseholish behaviour is entirely on-brand for this boy. The thought of him dealing with the public in a position of authority is horrifying.
I also know a current and an ex-defence lawyer. Both of whom have a list of horror stories of police lying under oath, fabricating evidence, intimidating suspects' families etc.
Not sure what the solution is. It's a job that will always attract bell-ends, and in certain situation that might even be useful. So, probably dicks, but I'm not sure what we can really do about it.
A defence lawyer, the biggest crooks of government money out there [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Police continuing to cover themselves in glory in Bristol. Having revealed earlier in the week that in fact no officers suffered broken bones or punctured lungs last weekend - it's almost as if they invented a pack of lies to excuse their conduct knowing the media would swallow it - they spent last night instigating violence by attacking a peaceful protest again.

They kick the shit out of protestors and journalists because they are thugs who enjoy it.

14 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Unfortunately he asked for his account to be banned.

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im still here, just taking some time away from posting, still following the covid threads etc, quite a lot of real world stuff going on just now. But no the thread hasnt broken me :) 

🤔

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im still here, just taking some time away from posting, still following the covid threads etc, quite a lot of real world stuff going on just now. But no the thread hasnt broken me :) 

Ah very good, welcome back.

On 17/03/2021 at 08:49, virginton said:

Gormless Gordon filling another thread with self-righteous pish before putting people on ignore and running away I see. A genuinely abysmal poster. 

I missed this at the time and have run out of likes but couldn't agree more. 

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Tynie dishing out bans while claiming they asked to be banned?

I certainly won't be suggesting that seems a bit like police fabricating evidence

No thats not what happened, Tynie is right i had asked for my account to be deleted (not banned) for a bit. As I said have (had) a bit going on elsewhere and sometimes found myself a bit addicted to p&b so it was the best way to stay away for a couple of weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No thats not what happened, Tynie is right i had asked for my account to be deleted (not banned) for a bit. As I said have (had) a bit going on elsewhere and sometimes found myself a bit addicted to p&b so it was the best way to stay away for a couple of weeks. 

A wee break from P&B is often good for the soul.

I'm not apologising for calling you Inanimate Carbon Plod though. In fact, I think you should change your name permanently :P

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

A wee break from P&B is often good for the soul.

I'm not apologising for calling you Inanimate Carbon Plod though. In fact, I think you should change your name permanently :P

I try to think of p&b as a bit of escape from the real world, so a reminder on here of something that I ‘had’ been isnt great haha. I wont protest though or i’ll end up with a vt filter. Anyway, im off for a bit. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

On 17/03/2021 at 08:49, virginton said:

Gormless Gordon filling another thread with self-righteous pish before putting people on ignore and running away I see. A genuinely abysmal poster. 

I stumbled across his Twitter the other day (due to the display picture being the same avatar as here) and its not good viewing. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

This is crazy.

I fucked up last time so does anyone know if BTP emblazoned on helmets stands for British Transport Police and if so wtf are they doing Policing a public order situation.

13 minutes ago, 101 said:

This is crazy.

I fucked up last time so does anyone know if BTP emblazoned on helmets stands for British Transport Police and if so wtf are they doing Policing a public order situation.

Yes that’s a BTP PSU , they will have been asked for mutual support, the BTP have a surprisingly high level of PSU trained officers and can throw a PSU together pretty quickly compared to other forces.