BeNe Liga

Rob1885

36 minutes ago, ahemps said:

Would there be relegation from this league?

Yes, in the plans clubs can get relegated to, and promoted from, their national leagues. So the national leagues become in effect 2nd tiers.

• 1 month later...

Obviously as a Saints fan I’ve very much enjoyed the League Cup this season. I’ve always liked the League Cup, it’s a major honour and I want my club to try and win it every season. I wouldn’t want it changed to a “British Cup.” As already mentioned, English clubs wouldn’t take it seriously - it’s more appealing to starry eyed Scots who get all excited of the prospect of playing a big English side. The English side would play a third string side. No thanks. They can’t even take their own domestic cups seriously, never mind one that involves the fackin’ Jocks.

That said, I really like the Challenge Cup format that includes sides from across Britain. Makes the competition more interesting for supporters in the leagues below. Look at Dumbarton for example. Their fans will likely never get to watch their team play in Europe but the challenge cup gave them the opportunity to at least get to Wales and have an almighty piss up that I’m fairly sure they all said was an epic trip.

This league would be very interesting just as long as it didn't turn out to be a platform that just allowed Ajax to get bigger and therefore this league turning out to be just like Bundesliga and Bayern actively killing off any potential challenge.

From what I've heard in Dutch media there isn't much enthusiasm for it amongst Dutch clubs, so this seems very unlikely to happen.
Understandable I suppose. Obviously not every club in the current Eredivisie (and Belgian First Division) would go straight into the new league so it would mean some clubs losing their top flight status by default more than anything else.