Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

Where are these abominations going to play? 
Rangers seem to have a ground of sorts at the training centre. Will Celtic do simlar? 

Do celtic development squad not play at cappielow? Which is amusing considering you have morton fans on wishing that clubs die for aiding the development of old firm youths, yet there own club have been happy to take old firm cash for years doing the same thing.
And for what its worth i’ve been against the colts idea right from the start. Most of the fans of the lowland teams on here have same view as me on it but our clubs never gave us a chance to vote on it.
The wishing of clubs to die over this is pathetic though. Not a good look.
But then again, fickle footballs fans eh?

26 minutes ago, come on shire said:

Rangers have Murray Park in Milngavie and Celtic have a complex in Lennoxtown.  I can't see why they can't play their home games there tbh.

Having said that, I've heard rumours that Rangers want to play at Somerset Park in Ayr.

I thought Ayr had knocked that back, I could be wrong!

1 hour ago, The clean living guy said:

Where are these abominations going to play? 

Rangers seem to have a ground of sorts at the training centre. Will Celtic do simlar? 

It’s a bit amateur accepting teams into a licenced league without clarity on where they will play. Presumably it will be a licenced ground.

I’m sure it’s not a secret, but I’d guess it’s grass pitches so as per previous posts it’s possible it will be cappielowe for Celtic and Somerset for Rangers.

Are there many grass licenced grounds in Glasgow? Lesser Hampden I suppose is another.

23 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Do celtic development squad not play at cappielow? Which is amusing considering you have morton fans on wishing that clubs die for aiding the development of old firm youths, yet there own club have been happy to take old firm cash for years doing the same thing.
And for what its worth i’ve been against the colts idea right from the start. Most of the fans of the lowland teams on here have same view as me on it but our clubs never gave us a chance to vote on it.
The wishing of clubs to die over this is pathetic though. Not a good look.
But then again, fickle footballs fans eh?

Accommodating them to play in their own appropriate youth or reserve divisions is different from inviting them to join a part of the pyramid structure.

10 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

A vote would have to take place at the AGM or EGM to change the relegation places so was exactly the right place. There was no relegation from the Lowland league when it was decided on PPG for 19/20.

It's an absolute farce that the LL have parachuted the Old Firm Colts straight into the tier 5 while keeping the door shut on the 100+ clubs in tier 6 and below, many who have been spending a fortune to get the licence to be able to play in the LL.

I think there would need to have been a rule change proposed (possibly voted on before hand) and ratified at the AGM.  I think we'd have known about it by now if that was the case.

If it wasn't on the Agenda, then it looks like it isn't happening this season - but presumably it could be covered by a Special General Meeting if one is called for this purpose (rules don't seem to use 'EGM' terminology).  

For the inclusion of B teams: The maximum number of clubs will normally be sixteen (16) but may be increased temporarily to a maximum of eighteen (18) at the sole discretion of the Board. 

I daresay, for the following season it could be increased 'temporarily' to eighteen again to accommodate additional clubs from WoS or EoS... but I'd have thought it would be better to stick to the max 16, and relegate more.

Also to clarify, the B teams are not being parachuted in to the pyramid - its a 1 year pilot and they can't be promoted, so strictly speaking, they are not actually in the pyramid.

RULES: https://slfl.co.uk/rules/lowland-league-rules/

Edited by Che Dail

Accommodating them to play in their own appropriate youth or reserve divisions is different from inviting them to join a part of the pyramid structure.

Yeah, it is. But its still aiding the development of the old firm. And taking a measly coin in the process.
And as i said. Im stongly against the colts being allowed into our league.
Its a pathetic decision that they have been voted in.
But the wishing of clubs to die over it is brutal patter. Not suprising though.

I think there would need to have been a rule change proposed (possibly voted on before hand) and ratified at the AGM.  I think we'd have known about it by now if that was the case.
If it wasn't on the Agenda, then it looks like it isn't happening this season - but presumably it could be covered by a Special General Meeting if one is called for this purpose (rules don't seem to use 'EGM' terminology).  
For the inclusion of B teams: The maximum number of clubs will normally be sixteen (16) but may be increased temporarily to a maximum of eighteen (18) at the sole discretion of the Board. 
I daresay, for the following season it could be increased 'temporarily' to eighteen again to accommodate additional clubs from WoS or EoS... but I'd have thought it would be better to stick to the max 16, and relegate more.
Also to clarify, the B teams are not being parachuted in to the pyramid - its a 1 year pilot and they can't be promoted, so strictly speaking, they are not actually in the pyramid.
RULES: https://slfl.co.uk/rules/lowland-league-rules/

If Kelty hadn't been promoted then they would have been playing with 19 clubs or are you suggesting they would have relegated a club to fit in the Old Firm Colts?

The points tally for all other teams in the league will include the games against the Old Firm Colts they are very much part of the Pyramid even if it is for one season.

11 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

If Kelty hadn't been promoted then they would have been playing with 19 clubs or are you suggesting they would have relegated a club to fit in the Old Firm Colts?

The points tally for all other teams in the league will include the games against the Old Firm Colts they are very much part of the Pyramid even if it is for one season.

Bookings/sending off’s also count.  As well as players getting injured. 

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

No, I think they'd probably have changed the rules to allow 19!   No need for that to kick in now though, of course.

And yes, I agree in that respect  - the results will have a bearing on the pyramid -  Although if we're talking about the bottom 1 or 2 clubs, I suspect (going by the past few seasons results)  it won't have much of a bearing on final standings in terms of points.   

Others have argued it might affect promotion to SPFL, say if they beat one team at the top and not the other - which is fair, but is only guesswork at the moment - we'll know how competitive they are a few games in.  

Edited by Che Dail

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

My reading was if Kelty had failed to win promotion, then the deal would have have been off as they wouldn’t have run with 19 teams.

it seemed to me that the whole sordid scenario only came up after It became apparent there would be a pyramid play off.

Edited by BS7

4 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Yeah, it is. But its still aiding the development of the old firm. And taking a measly coin in the process.
And as i said. Im stongly against the colts being allowed into our league.
Its a pathetic decision that they have been voted in.
But the wishing of clubs to die over it is brutal patter. Not suprising though.

It's not "aiding the development of the old firm" (in return for being fairly compensated) that people are against though, is it? It's selling out the integrity of the lower leagues / pyramid for the sole benefit of the old firm people have a problem with.

It's not "aiding the development of the old firm" (in return for being fairly compensated) that people are against though, is it? It's selling out the integrity of the lower leagues / pyramid for the sole benefit of the old firm people have a problem with.

The pyramid is a joke. Hopefully this shambles will highlight it further and changes can be made as in its current form its not working.
And as i’ve said repeatedly, i was wholeheartedly against the league selling out to the colts.
My point was folk wishing clubs to go to the wall over it when they have all had a little sook at the old firm teet and some point or other, and would so again im sure for self gain. As i said football and its fans are very fickle.
I just want to get back to going to see some football on a saturday afternoon.
Theres alot of clubs i dont like. I would never wish any of them to go to the wall though through them making a stupid decision like this.
That was my point.

31 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

The pyramid is a joke. Hopefully this shambles will highlight it further and changes can be made as in its current form its not working.
And as i’ve said repeatedly, i was wholeheartedly against the league selling out to the colts.
My point was folk wishing clubs to go to the wall over it when they have all had a little sook at the old firm teet and some point or other, and would so again im sure for self gain. As i said football and its fans are very fickle.
Theres alot of clubs i dont like. I would never wish any of them to go to the wall though through them making a stupid decision like this.
That was my point.

I don't really disagree with anything you're saying. But there's been multiple attempts from various posters to draw parallels between voting the OF cots in to the league and say, taking a plyer on loan from the OF, renting your ground to their development squads and even just playing them in cup ties. Just pointing out that those are not valid comparisons at all.

Edited by Gordon EF

I don't really disagree with anything you're saying. But there's been multiple attempts from various posters to draw parallels between voting the OF cots in to the league and say, taking a plyer on loan from the OF, renting your ground to their development squads and even just playing them in cup ties. Just pointing out that those are not valid comparisons at all.

We shall agree to agree then.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Agreed

If I offer George a tenner, would that entice enough interest for him to put a proposal to the clubs for proper relegation. Let's be honest it should be renamed the SPFL.
Self preservation football league.

That was my point.
you have a valid points.
The pyramid is a joke it's highly unlikely to ever function properly.

How many of these righteous clubs will refuse any money from this, how many will rub hands together at thought of one of them in senior cup.

Bunch of hypocrites.

So are they "Colt", or 'B' Teams? As they could be construed as two completely different things.
The Old Firm call them B sides. They don't like calling them Colts apparently. Sure previous posts said that for their LL games there is an age limit of 20 for outfield players and 21 for the goalkeeper.

13 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:
1 hour ago, kiddy said:
So are they "Colt", or 'B' Teams? As they could be construed as two completely different things.

The Old Firm call them B sides. They don't like calling them Colts apparently. Sure previous posts said that for their LL games there is an age limit of 20 for outfield players and 21 for the goalkeeper.

Be like the Challenge Cup where they just change the rules as they go along. Is there a definitive list of those clubs that kept their self respect and voted against including them in the league.