Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

13 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

I've never trivialised people's real and justified concerns about either racism or a racist policy of repatriation in my life, not have I ever supported the repealing of protections that are in line with internationally respected human rights norms.

Why on earth would you believe me to be on the side of the racists?

No, I shall not F-off.  Nor will I mimmick your rude behaviour.  Why?  Because I don't need to.  Unlike you, I have substance behind my arguments.

"It's just the flip side of those who constantly talk up and bang on about racism, the far-right, 'hostile environment' and other such nonsense." 

Just now, coprolite said:

"It's just the flip side of those who constantly talk up and bang on about racism, the far-right, 'hostile environment' and other such nonsense." 

Absolutely, and I stand by that.

Someone with a real and justified concern about racism is not talking it up or banging on about it, but the sad fact is that plenty people do exactly that.

In fact, even using stupid phrases such as 'hostile environment' is being extremely disingenuous.

If these people really cared about racism, then they'd go after racism, and not try to cast the net so wide that the word completely loses it's meaning.  This makes me think that they are motivated primarily by ideology than any sense of compassion or anger at racism.

3 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

Someone with a real and justified concern about racism is not talking it up or banging on about it, but the sad fact is that plenty people do exactly that.

In fact, even using stupid phrases such as 'hostile environment' is being extremely disingenuous.

If these people really cared about racism, then they'd go after racism, and not try to cast the net so wide that the word completely loses it's meaning.  This makes me think that they are motivated primarily by ideology than any sense of compassion or anger at racism.

The "hostile environment" was a tory government buzz phrase for a set of policies that culminated in the forced repatriation of dozens of naturalised british citizens because they weren't born here. Not sure, but i think they were all black people. 

So yes, it is a stupid phrase and was used by disingenuous people. 

You've just said that expressing concern about that policy is nonsense. 

You've made it very clear where you're coming from. 

Let's have a look at who created these"stupid phrases"

In 2012, then Home Secretary Theresa May announced a policy strategy aimed at combatting 'illegal immigration' by making life so unbearable for undocumented migrants that they would voluntarily choose to leave.
In May's own words: "The aim is to create, here in Britain, a really hostile environment for illegal immigrants".  Whilst the concept of a ‘hostile environment’ had first been introduced in 2007 by then New Labour Immigration Minister Liam Byrne, 2012 saw the first systemic implementation of this strategy.
Most basically, the policies aimed toward the 'Hostile Environment' intended to cut off undocumented migrants from access to any public services, including healthcare services. In addition, the government pushed to make working or renting a safe place to live impossible for migrants without adequate paperwork. 

10 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The "hostile environment" was a tory government buzz phrase for a set of policies that culminated in the forced repatriation of dozens of naturalised british citizens because they weren't born here. Not sure, but i think they were all black people. 

So yes, it is a stupid phrase and was used by disingenuous people. 

You've just said that expressing concern about that policy is nonsense. 

You've made it very clear where you're coming from. 

The reframing of phrases and arguments to try and paint people in a bad light to get out of debating the actual issue is common with neo-liberals.  It works well for you though, so why do anything different?

As you probably know fine well, the 'hostile environment policy' was created with regards to illegal immigrants, and rightly so.  The way you're trying to turn it into some race thing just backs up my assertion about how the term 'racist' is tactically overused.

The phrase is commonly incorrectly used by your types, to twist the actions of the Tories.

It's hard to take you seriously.

Edited by Scott Steiner

10 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Let's have a look at who created these"stupid phrases"

In 2012, then Home Secretary Theresa May announced a policy strategy aimed at combatting 'illegal immigration' by making life so unbearable for undocumented migrants that they would voluntarily choose to leave.
In May's own words: "The aim is to create, here in Britain, a really hostile environment for illegal immigrants".  Whilst the concept of a ‘hostile environment’ had first been introduced in 2007 by then New Labour Immigration Minister Liam Byrne, 2012 saw the first systemic implementation of this strategy.
Most basically, the policies aimed toward the 'Hostile Environment' intended to cut off undocumented migrants from access to any public services, including healthcare services. In addition, the government pushed to make working or renting a safe place to live impossible for migrants without adequate paperwork. 

"migrants without adequate paperwork."

Illegals, you mean.

2 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

The reframing of phrases and arguments to try and paint people in a bad light to get out of debating the actual issue is common with neo-liberals.  It works well for you though, so why do anything different?

As you probably know fine well, the 'hostile environment policy' was created with regards to illegal immigrants, and rightly so.  The way you're trying to turn it into some race thing just backs up my assertion about how the term 'racist' is tactically overused.

It's hard to take you seriously.

Well we were at breaking point i suppose. 

4 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

Wow, just wow.

Wow! Indeed! A government who just decides what they want to do whatever they decide regardless of the legal standing is an extreme threat to liberty. And you support that? Says everything about you and The Kincardine and Dawson Park Boy.

Just now, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Wow! Indeed! A government who just decides what they want to do whatever they decide regardless of the legal standing is an extreme threat to liberty. And you support that? Says everything about you and The Kincardine and Dawson Park Boy.

I never said I supported it, but there was no need to bring the Nazis into it.  It completely overshadowed what was otherwise a half-decent point.

Before giving my take on the bill, I'd need to know the ins and outs of it.  Forgive me for not taking what people like you, who have a history of telling galling lies, say at face value.

The condoc has landed

https://consult.justice.gov.uk/human-rights/human-rights-act-reform/.

123 pages so not one for a quick skim.  

They've started trolling the Nats in the foreword. 

"The United Kingdom has a long, proud, and diverse history of freedom. This stretches from Magna Carta in 1215, the 1689 Claim and Bill of Rights, and the Slave Trade Act of 1807, through to the 1918 Representation of the People Act"

1 hour ago, Scott Steiner said:

I never said I supported it, but there was no need to bring the Nazis into it.  It completely overshadowed what was otherwise a half-decent point.

Before giving my take on the bill, I'd need to know the ins and outs of it.  Forgive me for not taking what people like you, who have a history of telling galling lies, say at face value.

A history of telling lies? Oh dear, you truly are delusional. 

6 minutes ago, jakedee said:

And yet takes the "Kincmiesters" word as gospel, well until it's proven to be the usual batshit comments.
Delusional indeed.

In what way did I take it as gospel?

I originally said that I considered his take on it more feasible, and then came to a neutral opinion when I heard an argument to the contrary.

At no point did I question the integrity of either The Kincmeister or Dink anyway, but merely fluctuated as to what argument found more compelling.

In short.. you are off your rocker.

Edited by Scott Steiner