Dundee vs Dunfermline Athletic - 27/3/2021

Last home game v ayr we tried to play passing football which mcpake later said was a mistake because of the condition of the pitch.

I assume that tonight it will be a case of the long ball possibly towards sow however it is mcpake so f**k knows what he'll do.

2 hours ago, kevthedee said:

Last home game v ayr we tried to play passing football which mcpake later said was a mistake because of the condition of the pitch.

I assume that tonight it will be a case of the long ball possibly towards sow however it is mcpake so f**k knows what he'll do.

Please not Sow!

rampage no GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

So this is the worst team you have seen in almost 21 years? I would dare say you're talking shite. You probably said the same during the JJ debacle on league 1.

Edit - the quoted text should have been at the the top but who care. The same point stands

No. This is possibly the worst standard of Championship I have ever seen ie only Hearts’ consistency is making sure they win the league, the other 9 teams are all absolute trash and are basically battling and scrapping out results every week.

Not a fucking chance is the worst team I have seen ffs. 2014-15 I had a season ticket. I’ve been through the wars. I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe.

I think this is the worst selection of Championship managers in a long, long time rather than worst standard of squad. We've got some cracking players (and some glaring weaknesses) but the likes of Adam, Cummings, McGhee and a few others would be closer to our better 11's of the last decade than the worst.

We have managers like McPake, McCann, Crawford, Johnston & Neilson stinking the joint out with McGlynn rounding out the managers of the top 6 clubs at present.

28 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think this is the worst selection of Championship managers in a long, long time rather than worst standard of squad. We've got some cracking players (and some glaring weaknesses) but the likes of Adam, Cummings, McGhee and a few others would be closer to our better 11's of the last decade than the worst.

We have managers like McPake, McCann, Crawford, Johnston & Neilson stinking the joint out with McGlynn rounding out the managers of the top 6 clubs at present.

I'm not sure that's true either. I did a comparison of 10 years ago earlier in the season and I had the current bunch as slightly better than then, and I don't think I can remember a time in between where we had a collection of good managers.

I think the trend of the last few years being a bit mental can be contributed by the better prize money now available since the league merger.  That means budgets are closer together than they previously were, especially for the part-time teams who in the SFL days you could comfortably right off and have them fight out for 9th.  Pesky PT teams have become competitive,  leaving a good bunch of FT sides terrified of relegation and yet the play-offs also gives teams hope if they can just scramble together enough points they have a chance of promotion.  

I must say how fascinated I am that the Raith boys are really trying to nick my gimmick of late. You know it didn't work today lads.

To be fair it seems to have worked on us most weeks recently. Tough game tonight with Rovers, Inverness and Queens all winning. Normally I’d say Dundee win as Pars seem to be far better at home than away (may that continue into next week [emoji12]) draw is probably not a bad shout. I’ve given up on predicting this league so I’ll just hope it’s an entertaining game as ours was eye bleeding stuff today.

On 25/03/2021 at 12:30, CALDERON said:

The 10/11 season was a poorer standard, IMO.  The standard of any league which enables any Barry Smith led side to go on a huge unbeaten run, must be treated with ultimate scorn.

Agreed. 

We had the best defensive record that year with Alex Keddie and Chris Smith, it was absolutely stinking. 

There's quite a few things to be annoyed about. Not impressed with Fontaine being back or Sow being in the side. Those upsetting scenes are somewhat lifted with the fact that:

ABSOLUTE SCENES THAT JACK HAMILTON ISN'T EVEN ON THE BENCH!!!!

Why in god's name is Sow replacing Mullen?

...ok, tbf Sow's had a couple of good shifts coming off the bench as of late, so I'm not as furious as I would've been before other games. But still, it feels like a lateral change at best.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee