Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

Nah I've misunderstood your post. The National are so beyond biased I forget they're not the SNP publication at times! 

I refer you to The Torygraph, The Daily Heil, The Express. Bastions of impartiality and even-handedness.
Trying too hard, Stormfront.

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I refer you to The Torygraph, The Daily Heil, The Express. Bastions of impartiality and even-handedness.
Trying too hard, Stormfront.

Aye you certainly are. 

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

We can't have any SNP voters mentioning servility now... 

That's a great vote winner, you should work on the official campaign.

"Are you worried about losing your job in the event of a hard border..?

Well then, f**k you"

Fair enough. Unionists can keep their monopoly on servility.

2 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

Fair enough. Unionists can keep their monopoly on servility.

Am I correct in saying you live in the USA? 

I don't know when the last time you ventured into your beloved country was but any argument about servility from someone that supports the SNP and the current state of lockdown will be laughed at quite rightly so. 

Am I correct in saying you live in the USA? 

I don't know when the last time you ventured into your beloved country was but any argument about servility from someone that supports the SNP and the current state of lockdown will be laughed at quite rightly so. 

Yes I'm in the States.

2019. But your last statement is a non sequitur.

Just now, Anonapersona said:

Yes I'm in the States.

2019. But your last statement is a non sequitur.

Okay that's pretty cool, good to see you've still kept an interest in the politics that doesn't change your day to day life. 

Meh, I'm sure most people can follow the logic. 

Okay that's pretty cool, good to see you've still kept an interest in the politics that doesn't change your day to day life. 

Meh, I'm sure most people can follow the logic. 

I was born in Scotland

I was born in the Scottish Borders.

You were neither.

2 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

I was born in Scotland

I was born in the Scottish Borders.

You were neither.

Do you think people that have moved to Scotland shouldn't be allowed to vote or something? 

I don't quite get what point you're trying to make? You're not insecure about the whole living in 'Murica whilst being an apparant Scottish Nationalist are you? 

Just now, Stormzy said:

Do you think people that have moved to Scotland shouldn't be allowed to vote or something? 

I don't quite get what point you're trying to make? You're not insecure about the whole living in 'Murica whilst being an apparant Scottish Nationalist are you? 

Sure people who live in Scotland can vote. Just like people who move away from Scotland can still express political opinions on independence.

The rest of your ramblings are just the usual nonsense we've all come to expect.

SNP / Green on Thursday.

I'm slightly holding my nose voting Green but there literally is no-one else on the list where I live. Not a decent left winger or trade unionist in sight on the list. A hateful mix of Brexit monomaniacs, fascists, anti-vaxxers, The Lodge Says Abolish Holyrood and Gawd Bless Are Majesty, ruddy-faced Turriff businessmen against Paying Tax ever, pro-life homophobic religious obscurantists, and Bonapartists. 

I'd say about a third of the Greens if not openly unionist are sceptical on independence from a "citizen of the world" type position. Middle class types who seem much more exercised by poverty in Sao Paolo than Sanquhar. Robin Harper, the cuddly scarf-wearing uncle who was their first leader from 1999-2003 in the devolutionary period, is not only a Unionist but also a monarchist lickspittle.

That said they are a significantly more left wing formation than they were at the beginning of the century and the younger membership does seem much more independence minded. So really they are the least worst option from my point of view.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

7 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

Sure people who live in Scotland can vote. Just like people who move away from Scotland can still express political opinions on independence.

The rest of your ramblings are just the usual nonsense we've all come to expect.

So what point were you trying to make by pointing out who was born where? 

I never said they couldn't, I actually commended you on it, it's a bold stance to take. It was the particular usage of servile I found wryly amusing from someone that doesnt live in the country currently being impacted by the servility of the populace..

The last part isn't worth addressing. Pure filler. 

I always thought a vote for Greens even years back in 80s had value as I think it did mean the mainstream parties started to adopt some Green policies based on the fact they could see the tide turning that way and it speeded up things that would have taken even longer otherwise

5 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

So what point were you trying to make by pointing out who was born where? 

I never said they couldn't, I actually commended you on it, it's a bold stance to take. It was the particular usage of servile I found wryly amusing from someone that doesnt live in the country currently being impacted by the servility of the populace..

The last part isn't worth addressing. Pure filler. 

Oh f**k off. You didn't commend me.

Bold stance. lmao.

21 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

SNP / Green on Thursday.

I'm slightly holding my nose voting Green but there literally is no-one else on the list where I live. Not a decent left winger or trade unionist in sight on the list. A hateful mix of Brexit monomaniacs, fascists, anti-vaxxers, The Lodge Says Abolish Holyrood and Gawd Bless Are Majesty, ruddy-faced Turriff businessmen against Paying Tax ever, pro-life homophobic religious obscurantists, and Bonapartists. 

I'd say about a third of the Greens if not openly unionist are sceptical on independence from a "citizen of the world" type position. Middle class types who seem much more exercised by poverty in Sao Paolo than Sanquhar. Robin Harper, the cuddly scarf-wearing uncle who was their first leader from 1999-2003 in the devolutionary period, is not only a Unionist but also a monarchist lickspittle.

That said they are a significantly more left wing formation than they were at the beginning of the century and the younger membership does seem much more independence minded. So really they are the least worst option from my point of view.

I have to say that your description of the candidates is probably the best I've read yet.  Makes our lot with Bonnie Prince Bob look boring. 

6 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

Oh f**k off. You didn't commend me.

Bold stance. lmao.

I did so. I commend you and your red neck, did you have one before you moved to the US or have you settled in the South?

I did so. I commend you and your red neck, did you have one before you moved to the US or have you settled in the South?

I can send you a macaroni picture of Ohio if you want.

2 minutes ago, Pato said:

because the ones who tick those boxes but don't actually live here would be voting on things that don't affect them and might have views that could be contrary to the views of the people who do.

That is a fair point though I think it depends on the circumstances. BTW How long do you have to have lived in Scotland to get a vote?

That is a fair point though I think it depends on the circumstances. BTW How long do you have to have lived in Scotland to get a vote?
Law was changed for Scottish elections only last year. All foreign nationals who have leave to remain can vote (including refugees).