Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

6 hours ago, Antlion said:

The “do not question my patriotism just because I want my country to exist solely as a minor, almost always voiceless, servile region of another country!” patter really does always sound defensive - especially when it’s almost invariably an unprovoked outburst. 

You've reminded me of the car I was behind the other day. It had a "Delighted to be United" Unionist sticker on the window and a Saltire flag numberplate.

It was either a shared car from a politically mixed household or bought second hand 

26 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

To anyone with reading comprehension above the age of primary 1 it's quite clear I'm saying that Wings and Salmond were both people supported by the SNP "herd" back in the day,

You said "I am certainly aware not all member of Alba are from the SNP but wings and Salmond were previously amongst that particular herd."

According to Grammarly, there are 4 errors in this short sentence alone (2 grammar, one punctuation & one word choice). If your own spelling & grammar were above primary 1 level, you might have spotted that.

I've corrected your sentence below

"I am certainly aware that not all members of Alba are from the SNP, but Wings and Salmond were previously amongst that particular herd."

My corrections make the sentence gramatically correct. It also makes it even clearer that you intended the phrase "that particular herd" to refer to "the SNP". There's no other way to read it.

This isn't the first time that you've posted some nonsense and been called out on it. Your usual reaction is to inply that the person calling you out has reading or comprehension skills, just like you have above.

In future, you could try to express yourself more clearly and in unambiguous terms. It might save the rest of us from having to wade through so much garbage when you cannot accept that you've got something wrong.

I hope that you'll take this advice in the spirit it is intended, but I expect yet another red-dotting spree against anything I post. 

15 hours ago, Antlion said:

Ask not what the Baroness and her fellow Tories can do for you, but what you can do for the Baroness and her fellow Tories. 

E1621D6D-1272-4D48-B7C8-05D5D274543D.jpeg

That's an insult to the Dear Leader's dope fade.

54 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Radio Scotland phone in this morning doing a remarkable job of finding pro independence callers who are now not voting SNP...

This is the whole reason for ALBA existing. To deny the SNP.

18 hours ago, Burning Barns said:

Here's the thing, though.  ALBA weren't/aren't "toxic" to begin with.  It's a simple trope, used in an attempt by supporters of a larger independence party, to crush another independence party which is smaller.  Depending on the mood of the FM's most sycophantic followers, ALBA are either an irrelevance, or a nascent rival to be destroyed with extreme prejudice.  Is that not bile being directed towards another pro-independence party?  

The whole charade comes across as hypocritical, in my opinion.  Salmond was "good" when he was the best leader the SNP ever had.  No-one really noticed, or bothered, when he was a backbencher for the SNP afterwards.  Now he's somehow "bad" because NS is irritated by his presence, or something.  I'd wager that the majority of people in ALBA, were SNP members at some point, prior to moving on.  Also, the idea that no-one on the "Both Votes Nicola" team, has never said anything slanderous or OTT, is pretty silly and unrealistic.  In-lieu of anything coming from their party during this election, apart from snapshots of the FM's face on the side of a bus, they've went fulltime on attempting to ruin ALBA through smears.  

Yeah, that's it. Just a mild irritant. Or something. No substance here, no reason why he's "bad" in the eyes of the electorate nowadays. 

10 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

You said "I am certainly aware not all member of Alba are from the SNP but wings and Salmond were previously amongst that particular herd."

According to Grammarly, there are 4 errors in this short sentence alone (2 grammar, one punctuation & one word choice). If your own spelling & grammar were above primary 1 level, you might have spotted that.

I've corrected your sentence below

"I am certainly aware that not all members of Alba are from the SNP, but Wings and Salmond were previously amongst that particular herd."

My corrections make the sentence gramatically correct. It also makes it even clearer that you intended the phrase "that particular herd" to refer to "the SNP". There's no other way to read it.

This isn't the first time that you've posted some nonsense and been called out on it. Your usual reaction is to inply that the person calling you out has reading or comprehension skills, just like you have above.

In future, you could try to express yourself more clearly and in unambiguous terms. It might save the rest of us from having to wade through so much garbage when you cannot accept that you've got something wrong.

I hope that you'll take this advice in the spirit it is intended, but I expect yet another red-dotting spree against anything I post. 

You 100% have poor comprehension skills if you couldn't comprehend what I meant even after I had clarified, grammar and spelling aside after explaining it was pretty obvious. Comprehension is not the same as grammar and spelling ability. 

Having to run posts through a grammar app doesn't make you look all too bright yourself, it's pretty weird and has been pointed out you've purposefully misunderstand something to try and make a point. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you were bevvied or something. 

That photo of all the Tory Scottish rugby players is very unsurprising.  They're all raging Unionists.  Even adopted Scot, Tim Visser, is a mad 'SNPBad' retweeter.

Isn't Stuart Hogg not a massive Unionist too? There's one of the high profile Scottish players in the current crop who is quite vocal about it.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That photo of all the Tory Scottish rugby players is very unsurprising.  They're all raging Unionists.  Even adopted Scot, Tim Visser, is a mad 'SNPBad' retweeter.

Isn't Stuart Hogg not a massive Unionist too? There's one of the high profile Scottish players in the current crop who is quite vocal about it.

Scottish rugby players for decades: “We’re pure mad SCOTS! RRRAAARRRR! SCOTLAND THE BRAVE!”

SNP: “Maybe put your money where your mouth is and vote to be an actual, independent country then?”

Scottish rugby players (beelin’): “... f**k you.” 

Is Hogg a unionist? Not sure about that although he's from Borders. Reckon Finn is an indy man

18 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Scottish rugby players for decades: “We’re pure mad SCOTS! RRRAAARRRR! SCOTLAND THE BRAVE!”

SNP: “Maybe put your money where your mouth is and vote to be an actual, independent country then?”

Most of them seem to be prouder of Lions representation. Do many of the players live or play for Scottish teams, I know a few are from the 2 big Scottish clubs but the best seem to play down south or on the continent.

52 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Got a link?

48 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Reminds me of this wee nugget from 2014

The two leaders of the Scottish National Party want to break up the Union because they have no children and do not understand families, it has been claimed.

Former Scottish rugby players said Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon do not have to worry about future generations of Scots as they are childless.

At a pro-union campaign event outside Murrayfield Stadium in Edinburgh, Steve Munro, who earned 10 caps for Scotland, said the pair ‘don’t have any understanding of kids as they don’t have children’.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2754216/Childless-SNP-chiefs-no-feel-UK-family-Leaders-Scottish-National-Party-want-break-Union-not-understand-families-claimed.html

Roasters, every one of them.

2 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

I know it’s LBC but a really good video here, anyone considering sticking SNP on the second vote give it a watch, waste of a vote on the second ballot.

Over the last few weeks the information has been out there to educate SNP voters of the need to use their 2nd vote wisely. Hopefully it cuts through tomorrow. 

I'm not fussed whether folk transfer to Greens or Alba, each to their own, but there is the potential for a seismic shift in holyrood if enough SNP votes do shift across on the list. There is enough votes there to have SNP, Greens and Alba occupy the top 3 or 4 parties in Holyrood and deliver an overall SNP majority. If that were to happen there would be a huge change in the likelihood of another referendum.

A belter of an article by George Monbiot in the Guardian... 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/may/05/united-kingdom-westminster-independence-union-democracy

Two good ones -

First, about BoJo - "Though he anointed himself "minister for the union" and claimed that "wild horses" would not prevent him from visiting Scotland before tomorrow’s elections, last month he dropped his plans to do so. He has labelled devolution a “disaster” and Tony Blair's biggest mistake. His Internal Market Act wrenches back devolved powers from Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. He has launched a challenge before the supreme court to two Holyrood Bills (on children’s rights and local government) designed to enhance the welfare of the Scottish people. He intervenes only to suppress. "

and then

"I don’t believe England will address its manifold corruptions while our leaders can carry on like colonial viceroys, governing the four nations with ever decreasing consent. As the former nations of the UK embrace meaningful democracy, our preposterous, antiquated system will become ever harder to justify. It seems to me that political regeneration is impossible without the breakup of the union. We will begin to be good only when we stop trying to be great.

Nice.