Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

398 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Even if it was a swipe does it really matter in the big scheme of things?

The SNP have lot more to be concerned about than the comments of the leader of a party with less than 2% share of the vote.

Getting their own house in order is more important.

Did you quote me in error? It was @Ned Nederlander that thought it was a matter of some importance.

35 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Did you quote me in error? It was @Ned Nederlander that thought it was a matter of some importance.

Not having a go at you but you said you couldn't see a swipe - I'm saying it is irrelevant either way - SNP members should be focusing on the internal problems of the SNP and not nit-picking the speeches of an ex-leader.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

7 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You said you couldn't see a swipe - I'm saying it is irrelevant either way - SNP members should be focusing on the internal problems of the SNP and not nit-picking the speeches of an ex-leader.

I disagree. I'm still a member of the SNP, but I dislike other members looking for offence in a speech (at a memorial service , FFS) by the leader of another Indy supporting party. If the matter had never been brought up, I would never have responded.

56 minutes ago, steamneoironman said:

The decision to support or vote for a specific political party is a personal choice that depends on individual values, beliefs, and considerations. It's important to conduct thorough research, analyze different perspectives, and make an informed decision based on your own assessment of the party's agenda and potential impact.

This fails the Turing test.

3 hours ago, steamneoironman said:

The decision to support or vote for a specific political party is a personal choice that depends on individual values, beliefs, and considerations. It's important to conduct thorough research, analyze different perspectives, and make an informed decision based on your own assessment of the party's agenda and potential impact.

Or you can pick a name at random, or because they have a funny name. Both carry the same weight. 

17 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not having a go at you but you said you couldn't see a swipe - I'm saying it is irrelevant either way - SNP members should be focusing on the internal problems of the SNP and not nit-picking the speeches of an ex-leader.

Which internal problems?

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Which internal problems?

There are a fair few to choose from.

The main one being no fucking clue to achieve their main aim.

Then you have the leaders contest raising awareness of the God bothering Wing.

Angus MacNeill and Fergus Ewing taking swipes.

Blackford and Black quitting Westminster may not be due to internal problems but they are not a help to the party.

Or were you being facetious?

I'm getting old and less and less likely to see independence in my lifetime. (ETA you've no chance)

My daughter might.

Edited by Suspect Device

14 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

The main one being no fucking clue to achieve their main aim. - Nothing new really.  Not a great position but barring armed insurrection the Independence movement was always dependant upon the U.K. government granting another Referendum.  Our best hope is the SNP holding the balance of power after a future GE and having the guts to use their position.

Then you have the leaders contest raising awareness of the God bothering Wing. - The amount of members willing to vote for a right-wing self-declared homophobe is a concern but shows political naivety more than anything.  I reckon if Mhairi Black (a left-wing atheist) had stood she would have wiped the floor with Forbes.

Angus MacNeill and Fergus Ewing taking swipes. - EVERY political party has this.  The reason it seems a big deal at the moment is the past discipline of the SNP.

Blackford and Black quitting Westminster may not be due to internal problems but they are not a help to the party. - Less concerned about Blackford, Black is a massive loss but, as you say, not an internal problem.

Or were you being facetious? - No.

I'm getting old and less and less likely to see independence in my lifetime. (ETA you've no chance) - I agree though I have not given up hope.  You are unbelievably naive to think that because you are younger than me you will necessarily outlive me.  It doesn’t always work like that.

My daughter might. - Yes, if neither see it hopefully our immediate families will.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Hope this helps.

It helps in as much as it reveals once again that you are denying yourself a truly objective view due to your intolerance of those with theology and a slightly different political perspective in their lives.

Not for one minute do I share Forbes' or anyone else's beliefs that include scriptures but I'm happy for them to indulge themselves just as much as I'm happy to hear soaring left wing rhetoric. Insofar as the latter goes, speeches only count for so much. If it were different we'd be looking back at Corbyn at Glastonbury and comparing it with Gettysburg. Alas not, Corbyn as it turned out, needed a bit more than that and political judgement is much more important.

Sound political judgement was not to the fore when SNP central tried to stamp on debate in the early stages of the leadership race. Mhairi Black, not for the first time, showed immaturity beyond her years with her and i'll be kind here, intemperate remarks.

15 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

The main one being no fucking clue to achieve their main aim.

Then you have the leaders contest raising awareness of the God bothering Wing.

Angus MacNeill and Fergus Ewing taking swipes.

Blackford and Black quitting Westminster may not be due to internal problems but they are not a help to the party.

Or were you being facetious?

I'm getting old and less and less likely to see independence in my lifetime. (ETA you've no chance)

My daughter might.

You also missed the elephant in the room.

On 18/07/2023 at 18:39, razamanaz said:

I see big Nat Brian Cox is sharing a stage with Eck at the fringe. Last year it was Nicola - changed days, changed party? 

I see big Nat Brian Cox has pulled out of the gig with Eck at the fringe claiming a clash with his acting dates. Think he might have got the horse's head on his bed from Nicola!

• 3 months later...