Midlands League

Marten

On 22/07/2023 at 21:46, TheClosingArguement said:

Arbroath Vics looked pretty good today, nice to see a competitive game so early in the season.

Was the Vics game and they were well worth their win. They've got a young squad this season but definitely some talent there, and an improvement in the goalkeeping ranks too from what I've seen.

Plan on heading through to Broughty Vs Panmure on Wednesday, early signs not great for a Panmure threepeat.

On 23/07/2023 at 14:12, Judge said:

Anybody know who Kieran Sturrock has signed for after leaving Tayport?

I heard he'd gone to some amateur side.

On 23/07/2023 at 14:01, F_T_Y said:

Tayport look a lot better up front this season.  Hard fought win yesterday, they could maybe challenge for top four or six.

They had capable goal scorers last season, their problems came with some shocking tactical decisions in the latter half of the season. Their total collapse at the end of the season against violet being a perfect example.

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

Early signs not great for a Panmure threepeat.

I'd imagine they'll still be up their in amongst it, but you have to fancy lochee & north end to fight it out.

Kieran Sturrock has left the club to sign for Stobswell Amies

Was at the game at the weekemd and feel like we will be far more competitive this season with a squad overhaul and some good quality added this time round

The game was far more comfortable than the scoreline suggested with several missed chances we could and should of had 5/6 goals

Edited by Fifer4Life

On 22/07/2023 at 22:04, fafc1885 said:

Most clubs seem pretty good at getting info out about signings but why have Tayport been so poor at this compared to last season? At least four or five in their team today that I didn’t have a clue were signed by them as they seem a bit slow at releasing anything.

Dundee nicked their media duo, probably a big factor there.

Was at Craigie Park to watch East Craigie versus the mighty Downfield, and though the Spiders got the 1-0 win it was a truly miserable game of football, with the goal being the only shot on target. I would've assumed both clubs will be roughly about up there this season, so hopefully it's just the sloppiness of a season just beginning that caused both clubs to play in such a way.

IMG_20230722_144309.thumb.jpg.6b08c043a260b07e68d2bbd743c02e10.jpg

Hey 

I know the league started but we tried to do a little preview for it. I forgot to put it up last week. 

https://parkthebusfitbapodcast.buzzsprout.com/1595431/13243773-2023-24-midlands-league-10-min

Have a little listen and give us all feedback. Transparency is that we don't know too much about the Midlands as such as and anything we get is normally from here so looking for all feedback 

image.png.ef1ef03999cb4587adfe213b5984c0f7.png

Carnoustie lost their second game as well, so the defending champions are already 6 points behind. East Craigie's big win at Kirrie is remarkable, otherwise no real surprises I'd say.

17 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Guess if they have floodlights to install etc to go for licensing it could have put a dent in their budget for the team.

True, that definitely made things more difficult for us at the time too.

image.png.268923a3a12a66434727b96ff97942aa.png

The top of the table clash between North End & Broughty finished a 2-3 win for the visitors. Broughty were 0-3 up, North End got back but didn't manage to equalise. Carnoustie get their first win of the season. Only unexpected result imo is Tayport only getting a draw at Blairgowrie.

The table, Downfield, Broughty & ourselves are the only teams still on a 100% record, with Downfield leading the table on goal difference because of their big win against Forfar United.

image.thumb.png.88436b966e59580215ed1d64fe744e7e.png

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Maybe Broughty are the real deal winning away at the Dockens?

As I said from midweek they look full of goals. 

It will be interesting to see how the season develops. We also look very strong up front.