Midlands League

Marten

5 hours ago, ParkTheBusFitbaPod said:

Is there any highlights/goals from the games? 

Had a look on twitter and could see anything. 

Not centralised, but various clubs put their own highlights online. Lochee United put ours on both Facebook and Twitter.

I'm not sure scared is the right word, but it should be a good game Saturday. Without a doubt our toughest test so far. A team scoring for fun against the only team who haven't conceded a goal yet. Definitely interesting. 

Edited by Marten

image.png.b4e18acbc088030be6c58672e34536b5.png

Another heavy defeat for Arbroath Vics who had a very poor last 2 games. Broughty Athletic & Lochee United are the only sides remaining on 100%, with the latter winning a top of the table 8-goal thriller against Downfield. Also big wins for East Craigie, Lochee Harp & Tayport. Many goals today!

Edited by Marten

53 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Early days but 2 of the top 3 hold a licence for promotion to the Highland league. 

I work with a Strathspey player and they're pretty worried about the end of the season.

20 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I work with a Strathspey player and they're pretty worried about the end of the season.

Aye the likes of Strathy Jags, Vale, Lossie and Keith will now be looking over their shoulders scarf, no room for complacency now .

2 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Aye the likes of Strathy Jags, Vale, Lossie and Keith will now be looking over their shoulders scarf, no room for complacency now .

Once a few Tayside clubs reach the Highland League could it even encourage the likes of Jeanfield Swifts to reconsider their position in the pyramid?

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Once a few Tayside clubs reach the Highland League could it even encourage the likes of Jeanfield Swifts to reconsider their position in the pyramid?

tbh it's just as quick to scoosh down the motorway from Perth to get to most places than travelling across is

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Jeanfield would get far bigger gates playing in the Lowland than the Highland league with the same being true of the East of Scotland Premier over the Midland.  They are in the correct place.

I would imagine Saturday will see the Vics biggest home crowd in a good while, with Bobby Linn and Lochee United coming to town and Arbroath restricted to 200 tickets away to QP. Unfortunately it seems likely it'll end up in an absolute hammering, I was at the 6-0 loss to Scone at the weekend and it was bleak. Tough trip to Kirrie for them tomorrow night as well.

On 07/08/2023 at 13:21, realmadrid said:

Early days but 2 of the top 3 hold a licence for promotion to the Highland league. 

...and Broughty, North End and Carnoustie Panmure are supposed to be going for a licence as well, although that won't necessarily happen this season.

22 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

I would imagine Saturday will see the Vics biggest home crowd in a good while, with Bobby Linn and Lochee United coming to town and Arbroath restricted to 200 tickets away to QP. Unfortunately it seems likely it'll end up in an absolute hammering, I was at the 6-0 loss to Scone at the weekend and it was bleak. Tough trip to Kirrie for them tomorrow night as well.

Looking forward to Saturday, I'll be there. :) 

6 hours ago, LowerLeagueFC said:

tbh it's just as quick to scoosh down the motorway from Perth to get to most places than travelling across is

But wouldn't Jeanfield reach Tier 5 quicker by going up the Highland League route rather than down the Lowland League route i.e. winning the EoS and then needing to defeat the WoS champions (if they are licenced!)? 

34 minutes ago, Dev said:

But wouldn't Jeanfield reach Tier 5 quicker by going up the Highland League route rather than down the Lowland League route i.e. winning the EoS and then needing to defeat the WoS champions (if they are licenced!)? 

Not sure they're desperate just to be in tier 5. I think they're quite happy where they are while trying for promotion.