Midlands League

Marten

13 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

The new website is quite something 

Screenshot_20240830_214625_Chrome.jpg

Absolutely embarrasing if that's real. Here's a few highlights/lowlights/gothic horrors:

image.thumb.png.d26dc97d1585ec54f296361e1bff6e0e.png

image.png.4ed9aede65353324b4a7489c6abaf3b8.png

image.thumb.png.d80f29ba08b67a12fdc4cabf74ebba89.png

image.png.66fda10710e485ce0a6147f51dd5c6dd.png

image.thumb.png.ecb16484ad1d897df1e74714e3327f9e.png

image.thumb.png.3623e346c3996b4463d40fc7e9b7b0fe.png

Who the f**k signed-off on this????

3 hours ago, Judge said:

Is it one game against each team in the league then split in January, then facing each other home and away?

As far as i know if one more game, so some teams will have a fixture imbalance . A total of 28 games and that's one of the reason summer season rush of games where this point last year most teams had played 10 games never happened this season.

If it was home and away after the split that would be 37 games and only 1 less than last years 38 which has a game in June.

On 02/09/2024 at 11:49, Judge said:

Is it one game against each team in the league then split in January, then facing each other home and away?

On 02/09/2024 at 15:31, realmadrid said:

As far as i know if one more game, so some teams will have a fixture imbalance . A total of 28 games and that's one of the reason summer season rush of games where this point last year most teams had played 10 games never happened this season.

If it was home and away after the split that would be 37 games and only 1 less than last years 38 which has a game in June.

Correct, when everyone played each other once, the top 10 and bottom 10 will play each other one more time.

In my excitement around the Scottish Cup I completely forgot to update the league results in here. So here are the delayed results from last weekend:

League:
Blairgowrie 3-3 Carnoustie Panmure
Broughty Athletic 10-0 Forfar West End
Dundee Violet 0-2 Downfield
Forfar United 2-3 Letham
Kirriemuir Thistle 0-1 East Craigie
Lochee Harp 2-1 Coupar Angus
Montrose Roselea 2-0 Arbroath Victoria
Scone Thistle 2-3 Dundee St James

Scottish Junior Cup:
Armadale Thistle 1-0 Brechin Victoria

Scottish Cup:
Tayport 1-3 Dundee North End
Lochee United 4-0 Hawick Royal Albert

Fixtures tomorrow:

League:
Arbroath Victoria v Blairgowrie
Brechin Victoria v Forfar United
Carnoustie Panmure v Kirriemuir Thistle
Coupar Angus v Scone Thistle
Downfield v Tayport
Dundee St James v Lochee United
East Craigie v Dundee Violet
Forfar West End v Dundee North End
Montrose Roselea v Broughty Athletic

Scottish Junior Cup:
Letham v Dunipace

No game for Lochee Harp due to Letham's SJC game.

Edited by Marten

Today's results:

League:

Arbroath Victoria 1-1 Blairgowrie

Brechin Victoria 0-2 Forfar United

Carnoustie Panmure 3-0 Kirriemuir Thistle

Coupar Angus 3-2 Scone Thistle

Downfield 2-1 Tayport

Dundee St James 0-4 Lochee United

East Craigie 1-0 Dundee Violet

Forfar West End 0-3 Dundee North End

Montrose Roselea 1-3 Broughty Athletic

Scottish Junior Cup:

Letham 2-1 Dunipace

Straightforward wins for Lochee United, Dundee North End and Broughty Athletic. At the bottom of the table, Forfar United got their first points by beating Brechin Victoria. That leaves FWE & Scone Thistle as the last remaining teams on 0 points. 

Downfield 2-1 Tayport

Downfield started the better, but a moment of madness at the back where a horrible pass quickly led to a cheap penalty to the Fifers which gave them the edge. Downfield were easily the better team in possession, but could do nothing with it in the final third with Tayport happy to defend and went into HT behind. 

2nd half started off in similar fashion, but eventually Downfield's attempts to walk the ball into the net paid off and they equalised. Game opened up a bit after that with close calls at both ends, but Tayport were leaving too much space down the middle and the Spiders netted the winner from outside the box. Better team won, but the game was stop-start and lacking much quality.

IMG_20240907_160612.thumb.jpg.8b9dd1baeda0eb01ad6ff21c5879f7dc.jpg

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

10 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Downfield 2-1 Tayport

Downfield started the better, but a moment of madness at the back where a horrible pass quickly led to a cheap penalty to the Fifers which gave them the edge. Downfield were easily the better team in possession, but could do nothing with it in the final third with Tayport happy to defend and went into HT behind. 

2nd half started off in similar fashion, but eventually Downfield's attempts to walk the ball into the net paid off and they equalised. Game opened up a bit after that with close calls at both ends, but Tayport were leaving too much space down the middle and the Spiders netted the winner from outside the box. Better team won, but the game was stop-start and lacking much quality.

IMG_20240907_160612.thumb.jpg.8b9dd1baeda0eb01ad6ff21c5879f7dc.jpg

Perfectly fair assesment of the game feel that sums it up well, Think if we (Tayport) had more players and could muster up a bench with some attackers to bring on then we could of been on for a grandstand finish

Once again I find myself in Dundee with nothing to do whilst the good lady is at work on Saturday. With Dundee Violet and both Lochee teams being away from home, Dundee North End is looking to be my likely destination. Is there a bar at the ground or anywhere in particular nearby I should head to for a pre match tipple? Or since I’ll be walking past it anyway and only having a couple, am I best off just nipping in to The Glens? 

28 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Once again I find myself in Dundee with nothing to do whilst the good lady is at work on Saturday. With Dundee Violet and both Lochee teams being away from home, Dundee North End is looking to be my likely destination. 

I'm sure Letham are playing East Cragie in Dundee on Saturday. Another option for you.

11 minutes ago, Welly boy said:

I'm sure Letham are playing East Cragie in Dundee on Saturday. Another option for you.

They are. Dundee St James are also playing Arbroath Vics, however North End is a 20 minute walk from the Mrs’ gaff, the others are closer to the hour mark and I’m not ready for that level of commitment. I usually go and watch Dundee Violet if circumstances allow for it which is a nice 5 minute walk but they’re away from home so no such luck this week. 

44 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Once again I find myself in Dundee with nothing to do whilst the good lady is at work on Saturday. With Dundee Violet and both Lochee teams being away from home, Dundee North End is looking to be my likely destination. Is there a bar at the ground or anywhere in particular nearby I should head to for a pre match tipple? Or since I’ll be walking past it anyway and only having a couple, am I best off just nipping in to The Glens? 

Yes there is a bar. Reasonable prices too. Glens probably closest pub but Whiteys,Frews and Strath all in scope.