Airdrie v Falkirk, 7th April 2021

I only watched the first half of the Celtic game but I'm pretty sure Mclelland is right footed so he'd be just fine playing in with Dixon. He may have played the majority of his career on the left hand side but if he's right footed he'll slot in fine on the right hand side of the two. 

Hall will play

Anybody guess what the game plan is or will be,its been hard to fathom out if there is one.  Morrison is a decent crosser of the ball with both feet yet his target is a lone striker that isn't a target man with no one up to support him. We're in desperate times. Lee Miller probably the best foil for Keena and crosses from wide ,however looks like hes hung up his boots, at least until the split,where if we're trailing watch out for last chance saloon stuff throwing 4 strikers on. Oh dear.

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

It is worth having in that it has improved since the early days of following plastic bags, and staying at one end while the play is at the other. Obviously it lacks replays a la Thistle etc but it does the job-if the game is exciting (!) the commentary team are fair to both sides, with the occasional partisan exclamations, like most Home teams. 

As long as it’s better than Montrose where the camera decided to follow a seagull!

You just know M&M will be all high fives if it’s a 0-0. If we win, it’ll be their first full time scalp, and totally unexpected, and if we lose, the whole thing will unravel very very quickly, allowing GD to stick up a “no-one feels the pain more than the board, managers and players” statement. Job’s a good ‘un.

6 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Airdrie fans: what's the DTV set-up like, pixelot/decent commentary etc?

It's pixelot though coverage has been ok of late; winter sun could make viewing difficult at the start of a game due to position of camera but that obviously won't be an issue for this game. Main commentator Brian Smith is ok but could see away fans finding John O'Brien's co-commentary somewhat biased.

We've had the indian sign over Falkirk since they came down but you have to imagine that will come to an end at some point. 

We have pace in the squad, so if we can target their fullbacks we might get some joy, but we've been a lot more brittle defensively this season than last so not sure we'll be robust enough to hold them at bay, albeit we were in the reverse fixture back in December. 

Another smash and grab is unlikely, but would be brilliant and hilarious. 

18 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I read this & realised, we'll know the game's outcome as soon as the teams are announced.

Haha, I wouldn't be so sure. Our pacey players don't have the best record for decent delivery once they've used that pace to get into good positions. 

I do know the Falkirk managers are likely to play guys who we can get at, though, so hopefully they don't change it up. Their, ahem, 'interesting' selection choices certainly give us a fighting chance. Good pair of lads. A sense of fair play. 

20 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Haha, I wouldn't be so sure. Our pacey players don't have the best record for decent delivery once they've used that pace to get into good positions. 

I do know the Falkirk managers are likely to play guys who we can get at, though, so hopefully they don't change it up. Their, ahem, 'interesting' selection choices certainly give us a fighting chance. Good pair of lads. A sense of fair play. 

If only they would extend their sense of fair play to their own fans.

7 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

If only they would extend their sense of fair play to their own fans.

I'm less concerned with this, for obvious reasons. 

Yous do look a relatively safe bet for the title now (I appreciate 'relatively' might be doing a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence) so presumably you'll be stuck with them at least until September time, or even the end of the year. 

9 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

I'm less concerned with this, for obvious reasons. 

Yous do look a relatively safe bet for the title now (I appreciate 'relatively' might be doing a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence) so presumably you'll be stuck with them at least until September time, or even the end of the year. 

Very generous of you. Not too many of us think we're a safe bet, and indeed there's a growing number who think Miller & McCracken will more likely feck it up.  

Incidentally, one of the most damning stats they currently have hanging over them is a complete and utter failure to beat any full time team since they became co-managers.  I'd suggest keeping your cash firmly in your pocket if I were you. 

I've bought the stream. Looking forward to it but will be foaming at the mouth 1) when I see our starting XI and 2) no later than 5 minutes into the game.

We need to get 6 points this week before we go up to Cove, where I fully expect us to set up as though we are playing 1970 Brazil with defeat being punishable by lifetime imprisonment. 

4 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Very generous of you. Not too many of us think we're a safe bet, and indeed there's a growing number who think Miller & McCracken will more likely feck it up.  

Incidentally, one of the most damning stats they currently have hanging over them is a complete and utter failure to beat any full time team since they became co-managers.  I'd suggest keeping your cash firmly in your pocket if I were you. 

Haha, hence putting 'relatively' in as a qualifier. My thinking is purely on the basis of the 4 point gap and the six goal advantage over 2nd place Cove. 6 points ahead of Montrose and 8 ahead of Partick/East Fife, too. 9 ahead of us and Peterhead. I fancy the teams from 2-7 down will continue to slit each others throats and thus prevent anyone from making up the ground on you. 

That being said, I'll keep my money in the pocket regardless. 

1 minute ago, AndyDD said:

Haha, hence putting 'relatively' in as a qualifier. My thinking is purely on the basis of the 4 point gap and the six goal advantage over 2nd place Cove. 6 points ahead of Montrose and 8 ahead of Partick/East Fife, too. 9 ahead of us and Peterhead. I fancy the teams from 2-7 down will continue to slit each others throats and thus prevent anyone from making up the ground on you. 

That being said, I'll keep my money in the pocket regardless. 

We've still to play Cove twice so it's in their hands as much as it's in ours really.