Raith Rovers v Arbroath

Complaining about other teams being over physical to find out your bottom of the fair play league is superb, then say it must be because our players must get bookings due to complain about rough treatment, [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

As McGlynn said recently we're one of the least physical teams in the league but we get more cards than more physical sides. A lot of our cards are for our players complaining about the rough treatment we get without protection from referees. Dunfermline kicked us off the park and at least a couple of their players could have got red; we missed a couple of key players for the Cup because of them.

49 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

As McGlynn said recently we're one of the least physical teams in the league but we get more cards than more physical sides. A lot of our cards are for our players complaining about the rough treatment we get without protection from referees. Dunfermline kicked us off the park and at least a couple of their players could have got red; we missed a couple of key players for the Cup because of them.

What a lot of shite. Give it a rest. 

Id be proud of being the team with the biggest amount of shitehouses in it just take it and embrace it ffs.

50 bookings. That’s an awful lot of dissent. [emoji23]

5 hours ago, stan3600 said:

“Hammer throwers”. Take a look at this season’s “fair play” table. Who is bottom?
IMG_1617961417.196817.jpg

Take away Davidson’s two reds and we move towards mid table obscurity 

*Guy with the boiler looks good, like his beard

Edited by Pride of Fife
Never noticed bearded boiler guy

Referee's hate officiating us. We play such fast attack minded sexual football the refs can't keep up with our play so resort to booking us in a bid to slow the play down and catch a breather.

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

What a lot of shite. Give it a rest. 

Id be proud of being the team with the biggest amount of shitehouses in it just take it and embrace it ffs.

Aye, too true, you'll see how your shitehouses respond to our nippy forwards dancing past them

Edited by Raith_Raver

Just now, Raith_Raver said:

Aye, too true, you'll see how your shitehouses cope with our nippy forwards dancing around them

Shitehouses that can play football too? Respect 

No idea why you’re all so bothered about that disciplinary record. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Doesn't really bother me personally.  Other than Davidson and Hendry getting daft sending offs.  For being a team who generally try and pass the ball, we can be quite cynical at times and can often commit "good" fouls to break up play.  Don't really mind that.  Part of the game, and always will be at this level.  

It isn't going to be a John Mcglynn side if there isn't a bit of shithousery in there, don't see the problem.  I've seen plenty Rovers sides who lack a mean streak and are a bit too nice, I quite like the balance we have had in the past 2 seasons - likeable players who seem like decent lads, but who who can be street wise and have a bit of a nasty streak if they need to. 

Teams who succeed rarely do so without having to "mix it up" a bit.  If we got promoted, as unlikely as that is, I wouldn't give one single damn.

Don't remember Arbroath being particularly bad, on the whole.  Sure, they went out for Vaughan a couple of years ago in one game - however that happens sometimes and again, its just part of the game.  Certainly seen worse over the years.

Anyway, still think this will be a really tough one tomorrow.  As much as Campbell generally likes to have a go, I do think that Arbroath will perhaps try and keep it tight and frustrate us early on.  We gave them a bit of a doing in the first game of the season, and generally do well when we go ahead. The game vs Dunfermline shows what can happen if a team are too open and our passing game clicks.  However, there have been plenty games that have shown what can happen if a team is well organised and disciplined.  A good start will be important for both sides. There's enough in that Arbroath side to cause us problems going forward.  

Hopefully we have the game at Gayfield out of our system. Whilst the condiitions obviously weren't great, Arbroath played with real intensity. 

Could well be a day to remain patient!

Edited by CALDERON

The whole argument is pretty pointless but posting a disciplinary table as a measure of a physical approach is impressive levels of stupidity. Burnley had a better disciplinary record than Man City last season FFS.

Anyone who has watched the two teams play, it is pretty obvious we play better, easier on the eye, football than Arbroath. As a Rovers fan, I really enjoy watching us.

However, I’m sure the Arbroath fans couldn’t care less. The football they play is effective and has worked unbelievably well for them the last few seasons. It’s not like they play the eye bleeding type hoofball seen by Hopkin at Ayr. They just get the ball forward quickly and try to play their football in the final third.

Arbroath remind me of McGlynn’s side in his first spell. I certainly enjoy watching us under McGlynn second time around a lot more. However, there is a lot to enjoy about a well organised, hard working side fighting for every point, being a real team and making the absolute most of their ability.

Edited by R.R.FC

Arbroath are the lowest scoring team in the league, and only Hearts ICT and ourselves have conceded less, so that tells us what we need to know about how they play. They will play it tight and hope for a goal on the break. Our defence has been outstanding this last while but could be weakened by injuries for tomorrow. Even so if we get ahead they will have to open up a bit and we are then likely to outscore them. They almost certainly won't get to dominate us like they did at Galefield.

15 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Arbroath are the lowest scoring team in the league, and only Hearts ICT and ourselves have conceded less, so that tells us what we need to know about how they play. They will play it tight and hope for a goal on the break. Our defence has been outstanding this last while but could be weakened by injuries for tomorrow. Even so if we get ahead they will have to open up a bit and we are then likely to outscore them. They almost certainly won't get to dominate us like they did at Galefield.

No we will not. We haven’t done that in 2021, we have been going for it. 

Galefield? That’s shite mate 

25 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No we will not. We haven’t done that in 2021, we have been going for it. 

Galefield? That’s shite mate 

Galefield was very apt. It's not an insult, you can't help being in an exposed place. Central park and Balmoor can be just about as bad.

We hope you really will be "going for it",  we struggle to scorel against stuffy type teams like Ayr and Morton. But I can't see DC setting up to have a go.

Edited by Raith_Raver

Will be interesting the Red Lichties starting XI tomorrow i am not even going to guess it as i would never have guessed the starting XI at last weeks game against Alloa but agan DC came up trumps and what a a great 3 subs to bring on.

Will he start with the side that started or finished last week?

I wonder if he will start with Doolan as he is such a clever player and although he missed a great chance near the start of the game last week his lead up play and dummy to get the shot in was superb, even the Gaffer said Doolan was great in the first half although i do not think he could last the full 90 minutes i would prefer to start with Doolan then bring on a quicker player against tiring defenders either at half time or about 60 minutes, regardless on who we start with we do have players on the bench to come on to get a result.

C'Mon the Red Lichties lets get into them Lino sniffers then go to Bentleys and Jackie O's after the game, oh!!......wait a minute......36-0. 

The whole argument is pretty pointless but posting a disciplinary table as a measure of a physical approach is impressive levels of stupidity. Burnley had a better disciplinary record than Man City last season FFS.

It was a (spectacularly successful) wind up. 50 bookings though - that’s worth a trophy.
“Anyone who has watched us play...” - Luckily I missed the opening day horror show, but you didn’t play at all at Gayfield.
You are the form team. I’d be happy with a point tomorrow.