Prince Philip Deid

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

Ooh, that Private Eye cover will attract a few complaints! My copy hasn't arrived yet but I was wondering how they would handle it.

I'm looking forward to this issue, that's for sure. I think the other fella on the cover probably isn't...

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Fitba cancelled. Why??? Do we cancel fitba when other old people die. Like I say..a family have lost someone and that's sad but this happens everyday and football isnt cancelled. Its a disgrace

Politics and sport don't mix and political flags are banned in grounds.

Weirdly they ignore that when it suits.

In good news there is now many many English pub goers who were all set for a day of fitba and boozing that have now had that ruined so that's more folk joined the list of bin this Family.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Fitba cancelled. Why??? Do we cancel fitba when other old people die. Like I say..a family have lost someone and that's sad but this happens everyday and football isnt cancelled. Its a disgrace

What football has been cancelled? 

48 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I'm looking forward to this issue, that's for sure. I think the other fella on the cover probably isn't...

I don't think he has anything to worry about. Labour has called for a full enquiry but the Tories are going to vote against it - they'll have a (secret) internal investigation and find that he did nothing wrong.

On a work call this morning we were told that our department, and most other government depts, were told or 'advised' to pull back from publishing any internal or external comms including advertising any jobs which weren't time critical. 

Good stuff.

Bbc received a record number of complaints (over 100k) about the shifting the Masterchef Final to keep broadcasting about his death.

I reckon the monarchy will be abolished within the next 50 year.

The guest list for the service includes 30 people, with three German relatives.

Those attending will be in morning coats with medals, or day dress, but not wear military uniform.

I'm sure those two sentences are in no way connected, at least the official line is the dressing up box is not getting opened to avoid Harry feeling awkward !

12 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I'm sure those two sentences are in no way connected, at least the official line is the dressing up box is not getting opened to avoid Harry feeling awkward !

What's the story there? 

Surely Harry should be more entitled to wear uniform than most of them, given that he served recently in an actual sort of war.  Andrew would be the only other one to see action, apart from the bloke in the box.  

I take it it's to do with him no longer being a Royal or something?  What about all the normal folk who've been in the forces and wear uniform on formal occasions?

I suppose it's just more evidence of the nonsense of the whole thing.

22 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The guest list for the service includes 30 people, with three German relatives.

Those attending will be in morning coats with medals, or day dress, but not wear military uniform.

It's the Germans that might look a bit out of place.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What's the story there? 

Surely Harry should be more entitled to wear uniform than most of them, given that he served recently in an actual sort of war.  Andrew would be the only other one to see action, apart from the bloke in the box.  

I take it it's to do with him no longer being a Royal or something?  What about all the normal folk who've been in the forces and wear uniform on formal occasions?

I suppose it's just more evidence of the nonsense of the whole thing.

It's a joke about the time he dressed up as a Nazi

Considering they’ve moved the football for this I might watch it out a morbid curiosity.

Shot for every time the camera cuts to Charles muttering “wrong one” to Camilla.