Prince Philip Deid

7 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

So are you still denying the noncing or are you now just moving on to petty semantics about whether the BBC mentioned it explicitly or not?

I invite you to journey back and look at what I actually wrote.

I never denied that any noncing may have taken place - nothing much would surprise me of these ridiculous people, particularly him.  Indeed, I saw a much later clip that suggested she kept a photo of him during the war when still a kid.  To modern sensibilities, that would indeed sound rather iffy.

All through this, I was challenging what Monkman said was covered in a specific report that was constantly being shown on the BBC. I did so when Bairnardo reacted in a terribly shrill way to Monkman's post, and when someone questioned why Bennett had given it a reddie.  

Once more, that really is all.  

Genuinely saw a tweet that said ‘I cant believe he’s died, its such a shock, no one expected it.’ This tweet did not appear to be sarcastic. 

The only shock for me is he lasted so long after Charles hospital visit. I’ve a feeling he was expected to croak back then and they didn’t expect him to last so long.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
7 hours ago, virginton said:
In case anyone is wondering about the dissonance between Brexitland coverage and your current sentiment:
royalism_map.width-800.thumb.jpg.267552ff8e56b5cc0e3334d83c2beb5a.jpg
All ten most royalist areas are clearly fictional btw. 

Just happy we're pink as well. Bad enough if fucking blue for Tory, I'd be moving if we were Royalists as well.

We're the darkest pink in the south.

Marvellous.

reacted in a terribly shrill way  

I think we are along way past the point where YOU can be making claims like this, to be very honest with you.

An absolutely, bafflingly pathetic performance from yourself.

Still, maybe your team will solemnly and respectfully put Celtic out the cup.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think we are along way past the point where YOU can be making claims like this, to be very honest with you.

An absolutely, bafflingly pathetic performance from yourself.

Still, maybe your team will solemnly and respectfully put Celtic out the cup.

Is that honestly the standard of 'wind up' that you're running with?  That I'm a Rangers fan?

Again, read it back if you want to see how things actually unfolded.  

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s really quite astonishing watching the media coverage of this. 

Kidding on that anyone other than a handful of nutcases are in anyway mourning today. Absolute desperation to make this a significant event. 

It is a significant event. Maybe not just as significant as they think.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

It is a significant event. Maybe not just as significant as they think.

Only if it signals the beginning of the end of the absolute farce that is monarchy. 

I do know what you mean and being slightly facetious but I do find it quite astonishing. 

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Only if it signals the beginning of the end of the absolute farce that is monarchy. 

I do know what you mean and being slightly facetious but I do find it quite astonishing. 

Other than a wee snippet on Radio Ulster news last night when driving home I haven't seen any TV/radio coverage, so can't comment on the coverage which has this thread in an uproar.

However, if it is anything like the Princess Diana coverage, it'll be a load of repetitive, mawkish, sentimental shite.

* Too much use of the word "coverage" but can't think of a suitable alternative this chilly morning.

Working today so I’ve put BBC on in the background as I do every Saturday morning.

The sports news was dedicated to Philips sporting achievements and reminding all of the 2 minute silence before every football match.

No other sporting news. Just look at Philip running here.

9 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Just flicked over to the BBC during a break in the golf.

Good to see he's still dead

I guess during the funeral you get to see an aide hammer a wooden stake through his heart just to make sure? 

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Other than a wee snippet on Radio Ulster news last night when driving home I haven't seen any TV/radio coverage, so can't comment on the coverage which has this thread in an uproar.

However, if it is anything like the Princess Diana coverage, it'll be a load of repetitive, mawkish, sentimental shite.

* Too much use of the word "coverage" but can't think of a suitable alternative this chilly morning.

It is basically Diana coverage. I was 9 then and it baffled me back then too. 

14 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Can’t be arsed reading back through all this but what is the beef with Monkey Tennis? Did he love the zombie racist or some such?

Nope, in fact I described him as "an unpleasant old git" and an "old shit".

You really would think otherwise from looking in though.