Sons of the Rock vs The Partick Thistle Revival Tuesday 20/04/2021

2 minutes ago, Nizzy said:
1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:
Can't believe my big team has finally been found after all this time. Rumbled.
I do like Thistle as a club to be fair. Quite a few of my pals at school were Thistle fans - it was always nice to find someone in the West of Scotland who wasn't an OF fan and could chat to you about Peterhead away. They are the closest senior club to where I'm from, add in the fact that we rarely seem to play them and I've never had much reason to dislike them.
Anyway I've just seen Graham's elbow on Wardrop back and I take back everything I said on commentary where I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. It was a horrible 'challenge' and he knew exactly what he was doing. He got extremely lucky that Barry Cook was lenient because that should've been a red - no question. Dirty Thistle B*stard imo emoji6.png

I thought it might be the influence of one of your primary teachers - if I have the right member of the commentary team - who comes from a well-known Thistle supporting family.

I couldn't believe when said Primary teacher messaged our general manager (who is also a Jags fan) to say that she recognised me straight away on commentary. 23-years-old and still speaking like I did in P6. Jesus 🤣

That said if we ignore the offside, it's pretty clearly in, Quitongo's standing foot is on the line and his leg is almost at full extension behind him when he makes contact as per the paused frame.

That concludes my over analysis of something that ended up not mattering.

I've watched back Graham's elbow now, it's really not a good challenge at all. Felt to me last night that Thistle were sent out to rough us up in the hope it would help break us down but that's extremely poor from a guy of Graham's experience and he has an absolute brass neck pretending he's done nothing wrong afterwards. A coward, which is a shame as I've always liked him as a player. 

Anyone who thinks that Graham challenge is a red card is a complete and utter jessie. He doesn't swing the elbow, he's looking at the ball, and he's just trying to get more momentum to jump higher. At most it is a foul and even then it's marginal.

14 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

He doesn't swing the elbow, he's looking at the ball, and he's just trying to get more momentum to jump higher. 

Not sure you're watching the same clip. He has a glance at Wardrop and definitely does move his elbow towards him. Wardrop had to come off, ended up in hospital with a fractured eye socket and will now miss the rest of the season but aye, he's just a big jessie. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Not sure you're watching the same clip. He has a glance at Wardrop and definitely does move his elbow towards him. Wardrop had to come off, ended up in hospital with a fractured eye socket and will now miss the rest of the season but aye, he's just a big jessie. 

Learn to read.

He isn’t looking at Wardrop when he jumps. He’s looking at the ball.

I didn’t say his elbow didn’t “move towards” him. I said he didn’t “swing” it.

It is perfectly normal for players to sustain (sometimes bad) injuries without the challenges that led to them being (a) fouls (b) worthy of a card or for that matter (c) worthy of a red card.

I didn’t think it was deliberate from Graham, but it was undoubtedly reckless and could have been a red card. As it is, it wasn’t and it was a good (if completely obvious) bit of management from McCall to sub him off at half time.

Shame for the boy Wardrop nonetheless. 

Just now, Ad Lib said:

Learn to read.

He isn’t looking at Wardrop when he jumps. He’s looking at the ball.

I didn’t say his elbow didn’t “move towards” him. I said he didn’t “swing” it.

It is perfectly normal for players to sustain (sometimes bad) injuries without the challenges that led to them being (a) fouls (b) worthy of a card or for that matter (c) worthy of a red card.

I can read perfectly fine. Your post never said he was looking at the ball "when he jumped", it just said he was looking at the ball - he has a look for Wardrop before he jumps and makes sure his elbow is there to keep him at bay. I'm well aware that not all bad injuries mean the challenge is worthy a red card, but in this case Graham has been reckless and it has seriously endangered an opponent, which is a red card.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I can read perfectly fine. Your post never said he was looking at the ball "when he jumped", it just said he was looking at the ball - he has a look for Wardrop before he jumps and makes sure his elbow is there to keep him at bay. I'm well aware that not all bad injuries mean the challenge is worthy a red card, but in this case Graham has been reckless and it has seriously endangered an opponent, which is a red card.

Load of nonsense. He's simply making space for himself as he is entitled to do when the ball is in the air and there has been an unfortunate but completely accidental bit of contact from which your player happens to have been the worse for wear.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If it was reckless then it's a cautionable offence, glad you've come around to Ad Lib's point of view.

2 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Load of nonsense. He's simply making space for himself as he is entitled to do when the ball is in the air and there has been an unfortunate but completely accidental bit of contact from which your player happens to have been the worse for wear.

I disagree.

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

If it was reckless then it's a cautionable offence, glad you've come around to Ad Lib's point of view.

It's reckless and endangered an opponent. It could easily have been a red card.

52 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

This post is the only thing that qualifies as a "load of nonsense".

1 hour ago, Ad Lib said:

You don't need to throw an elbow with that force to create space. You clearly have never played football.

1 hour ago, the snudge said:

You don't need to throw an elbow with that force to create space. You clearly have never played football.

He didn’t “throw” an elbow. He just stretched out wide like a bird with its wings to fly gracefully into the air.

9 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Goal. "Look at the shadow".

image.thumb.png.d33c827d45f26b150ad68322f72baf78.png

That's a different angle. The shadow is clearly being cast from a source in front of the goal therefore making the previous photo even more conclusive in that respect.

In any case, here the ball itself doesn't look completely over the line. The earlier video is more conclusive that it did.. There's no way the linesman could award it anyway given the Thistle subs etc standing in his way.

Not that it mattters now.

Edited by rockson

5 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Anyone who thinks that Graham challenge is a red card is a complete and utter jessie. He doesn't swing the elbow, he's looking at the ball, and he's just trying to get more momentum to jump higher. At most it is a foul and even then it's marginal.

What a load of shite. It’s one of the clearest red cards you will see all season. If you believe otherwise you are a fucking moron. The SPFL should be reviewing the clear as day footage and banning him.