Ross County v St Mirren 21/4

Do we have to? Almost feel like we should send the youth team up the road for this and keep the first team wrapped up in cotton wool at home for the game at the weekend.

I know some are stressing about whether we finish 7th, 8th or 9th. I’m not arsed personally, it’s all about the cup. If we are going to ‘rotate’ for any game it has to be this one.

We’ve just had a bruising encounter with Caley and a Scottish Cup Quarter Final on Killie’s plastic pitch is on the horizon. A mid week encounter in Dingwall between the two games is the last thing we need.

Would like to see us start Reid, Lyness, Erwin, Finlayson, Henderson and let’s see what happens. The worst outcome for us here is picking up more injuries to first team players.

Obviously any result that isn’t a County win will be a surprise, it’s completely the opposite situation for them. They’ve just had this weekend off and they’ve got next weekend off too. Whereas this is an inconvenient distraction of a match for us, it’s a huge game for the Staggies in their relegation battle. They’ll be well up for it and I can’t see them not winning.

2-0

Edited by Lex

St Mirren sending out their reserves has got "Lee Erwin scoring late equaliser" written all over it.

Accies and Kilmarnock both playing teams with QFs next week too - presumably they'll be up against weakened teams (although Killie also have a QF so hopefully they rotate).

Can see the following being given some game time on Wed - Tait, Dennis, Erwin, McPherson, McAllister, Mason and maybe even Brophy and Quaner as they are back in training. Do not expect any on that list to play 90 mins (not that McAllister can play 90 mins anyway) but these guys need some match practice. JDH and Ethan will be two that will be rested even if fit. We still want 7th place so I do not see any of the young guys starting but maybe short cameo appearances later on depending on the score.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

At least we know we can't drop a league place because Motherwell are literally hilarious against Accies.

You could see the whole bottom 3 winning with Saints, Well and United all with winnable quarter finals at the weekend. Maybe Well have a bit more to play for with it being a local derby, but having had extra time while Hamilton had a rest this week, I'm not sure. You'd get good money on the treble.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Fully expecting goals from Marcus Fraser and Lee Erwin in he 93rd and 95th minute after we've been 2-0 up for about an hour.

Fraser has been so good we're collectively a bit nervous about not being able to hang onto him. Honestly, an absolute revelation.

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fraser has been so good we're collectively a bit nervous about not being able to hang onto him. Honestly, an absolute revelation.

Happy the change has done him good. Nice guy but he'd gone stale at County.

6 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Happy the change has done him good. Nice guy but he'd gone stale at County.

Yup. This is exactly right.  It was right to let him go.  The only problem is the entire squad has gone stale this season. 

Jim will try to win every game as finishing 7th will allow him to sell the club to new signings and provide a little more money to work with. 

Personally I wouldn’t expect any less, we can not allow the progress we have made this season to simply fizzle out, if some of the players have got the flip flops out then they can do their relaxing in the stand. 

I’ll go 2-0 Saints.

12 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Surely this is nailed on County win. Our season was over at Hamilton a few weeks back when we missed out on top 6. Injury list is horrific, focusing on cups... Anything but a County win would be a great result. 

Ah, but have you factored in the fact that we have John Yogi Hughes in charge, picking the starting XI and telling them to pass it back and forth round at the back continuously?

This match is a stick on away win, with that factored in.

20 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Lacking defensive midfielders but we can still put out a decent side. Maybe this?

Alnwick

Tait Shaughnessy McCarthy

Connolly McGrath MacPherson McAllister Durmus 

Dennis Erwin

Other possibility would be Tait to play in the middle of the park.

Mason is defensive option on the left side.

He hasn't been great, but he's still an option.

The only other players are Lyness, Finlayson and Henderson. We can't even put two GK's on the bench as Urminsky is on loan at Ayr. Although Langfield might be up for it.:lol:

Edited by FTOF

2 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Ah, but have you factored in the fact that we have John Yogi Hughes in charge, picking the starting XI and telling them to pass it back and forth round at the back continuously?

This match is a stick on away win, with that factored in.

I hope Jim tells them to play a high press as this playing out from the back nonsense doesn’t work for Man Utd, so it’s amazing that managers at our level are trying it 🙈