Doom Derby - Sons -vs- Loons

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What precedent has been set for this? I just don't see how East Fife can be punished when Clyde have let a guy turn up ready to play when he hasn't passed the requirements to play.

Well the whole thing in the SPL involving the points being docked then reinstated? I know this isn’t exactly the same but that’s the path I’d expect to be taken, as wrong as that would be in this case.

I agree in principle but I think it has to be looked on that East Fife are in the wrong, if the game has been given the go-ahead by JRG?

3 minutes ago, Bogheidman said:

Well the whole thing in the SPL involving the points being docked then reinstated? I know this isn’t exactly the same but that’s the path I’d expect to be taken, as wrong as that would be in this case.

I agree in principle but I think it has to be looked on that East Fife are in the wrong, if the game has been given the go-ahead by JRG?

No 3-0 wins have been awarded and they were different situations. I think it'll go on PPG.

That was a huge 3 points, which is all that matter at this stage, but once again there was worrying signs there - most notably the inability to stick the ball in the net.

Isaac Layne should not be starting in any of our relegation deciding fixtures, he is quite clearly absolutely nowhere near fit and has no time to get fit. He also displayed a distinct lack of effort for me last night, not really attempting to win headers etc. I think we looked a lot better when Jones came on.

Kudos to young Wallace who continues to impress me. I thought he was a real live wire and until the introduction of PJ Crossan he was the only man in a Sons shirt who was remotely trying to make something happen. 

Crossan, Wallace, Omar and Jones have to start our last two fixtures. Frizzle needs dropped for one of the aforementioned more effective players. 

3 minutes ago, Bogheidman said:

Ok, maybe there’s hope that there’s no wins just given out willy nilly then.

Does anyone know where we stand on PPG with Clyde just now? I’m looking at @Jan Vojáček here...

Dumbarton - 1.1 PPG (22 points in 20 games)
Clyde - 1.05 PPG (20 points in 19 games)

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That was a huge 3 points, which is all that matter at this stage, but once again there was worrying signs there - most notably the inability to stick the ball in the net.

Isaac Layne should not be starting in any of our relegation deciding fixtures, he is quite clearly absolutely nowhere near fit and has no time to get fit. He also displayed a distinct lack of effort for me last night, not really attempting to win headers etc. I think we looked a lot better when Jones came on.

Kudos to young Wallace who continues to impress me. I thought he was a real live wire and until the introduction of PJ Crossan he was the only man in a Sons shirt who was remotely trying to make something happen. 

Crossan, Wallace, Omar and Jones have to start our last two fixtures. Frizzle needs dropped for one of the aforementioned more effective players. 

Agree with most of this. I had my doubts that Layne was the answer to our problems before last night and I'm now certain I was correct to feel that way. He can't play next Tuesday so depending on how things unfold with Clyde then he may not feature again. Also agree we looked better balanced with Jones and it didn't take long for him to contribute more than Isaac did...

Langan simply isn't good enough for me and Frizzell offers far too little in the grand scheme of things. We are lucky if once in a match he beats 2 men and creates 1 chance. I was also disappointed in Omar's contribution last night but feel he needs to be played further forward. He was sitting in beside Forbes last night at times and the one time he got into the opposition half he ripped the Forfar player, being too quick, and it could have resulted in a red card for their man. But he is wasted playing so deep.

Concerns at RB (in defence in general) with McAllister going off too... hope that doesn't mean he misses any more games.

39 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Concerns at RB (in defence in general) with McAllister going off too... hope that doesn't mean he misses any more games.

McAllister wasn’t fully fit before the game kicked off. Was over at the physio just before kick-off.

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Dumbarton - 1.1 PPG (22 points in 20 games)
Clyde - 1.05 PPG (20 points in 19 games)

Taking that to the end of the season, if Clyde do not play again, their points total, taking into account the remaining three games would be 23.1578. Our total, presuming we lose to Peterhead and are awarded a PPG for the Clyde game would be 23.1, so we would lose out by 0.05 of a point (on average). So, something is needed against Peterhead.

36 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Would Peterhead be content with a cigars out, high-fives all round, 0-0 draw played at a taking the piss pace? The molten fury emanating from Cumbernauld if that were to pass would fuel my buzz for years. 

Given the SPFL have just started disciplinary proceedings against East Fife, I am now seriously concerned Clyde are about to be handed a 3-0 win, amazingly. I honestly can't believe that. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Given the SPFL have just started disciplinary proceedings against East Fife, I am now seriously concerned Clyde are about to be handed a 3-0 win, amazingly. I honestly can't believe that. 

Just need to pray one of our players tests positive minutes before the Peterhead game, they decide to forfeit it and we'll potentially be fine...

It's an amazingly bad look from the SPFL. At a time where we're being told not to take risks, visit loved ones inside or take part in contact sport ourselves, players (with jobs outside of football) are being told to take part in a game involving the close contacts of someone who tested positive. 

Put it this way, if I (or any close contacts of mine) tested positive in the previous seven days then I wouldn't be allowed access to sit in the stand and report. I'm not sure why that's been discarded in this situation - which also makes a mockery of clubs even bothering to shell out thousands on testing when the results are clearly not important.

20 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

Agree with most of this. I had my doubts that Layne was the answer to our problems before last night and I'm now certain I was correct to feel that way. He can't play next Tuesday so depending on how things unfold with Clyde then he may not feature again. Also agree we looked better balanced with Jones and it didn't take long for him to contribute more than Isaac did...

Langan simply isn't good enough for me and Frizzell offers far too little in the grand scheme of things. We are lucky if once in a match he beats 2 men and creates 1 chance. I was also disappointed in Omar's contribution last night but feel he needs to be played further forward. He was sitting in beside Forbes last night at times and the one time he got into the opposition half he ripped the Forfar player, being too quick, and it could have resulted in a red card for their man. But he is wasted playing so deep.

It only hit me yesterday (thanks to a message from a P&Ber) that there might be a very good reason why Rabin has been on the bench a lot recently. It's Ramadan. It doesn't end until May 12, but I can imagine that fasting all day would make playing this amount of football a real challenge. Looking at the timetable on the BBC website makes it clear how difficult it would be. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/27RX2P8XKS35T1Q0jtVHRc2/ramadan-timetable-2021

19 hours ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

McAllister wasn’t fully fit before the game kicked off. Was over at the physio just before kick-off.

Nick was taken off after feeling a bit dizzy/seeing stars according to Jim. He wasn't happy about it at all, but it was on the advice of the club doctor. Hopefully not concussion and just a precautionary thing.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

Just need to pray one of our players tests positive minutes before the Peterhead game, they decide to forfeit it and we'll potentially be fine...
It's an amazingly bad look from the SPFL. At a time where we're being told not to take risks, visit loved ones inside or take part in contact sport ourselves, players (with jobs outside of football) are being told to take part in a game involving the close contacts of someone who tested positive. 
Put it this way, if I (or any close contacts of mine) tested positive in the previous seven days then I wouldn't be allowed access to sit in the stand and report. I'm not sure why that's been discarded in this situation - which also makes a mockery of clubs even bothering to shell out thousands on testing when the results are clearly not important.

I wonder if Dumbarton would raise an action to the spfl if Clyde were indeed to be awarded the three points.

This whole scenario absolutely reeks