Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC & Dundee FC vs Raith Rovers

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Fair play to Dundee, a comprehensive win, and well played. 3-0 is a little flattering with the disallowed goal, but we were never really a threat to win the match. For a newly promoted side that didn’t make wholesale changes, a really good season.

Honestly? 😮 I thought we could’ve got another 2 or 3 tonight. Should’ve been 1 up in the 1st minute. 

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hendry has looked a quality player in a lot of games this season but has been absolutely anonymous in the two massive games against us over the past few weeks. 

Not so sure on our rumoured PCA offer after these performances.

Wasn't particularly brilliant against Dunfermline over two legs either but worth noting he's still a really young guy. I think he has pretty much all the tools to do the job, and most teams have reacted by doubling up and/or getting tight to him. In a better quality team where opponents can't single him out to that degree, I imagine he'd be able to show a more positive influence.

3 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Yeah if it’s Ross county, we’ll all be behind Dundee making it up. A championship consisting of County and Hamilton would suit us if we seriously want to maintain challenging at the top end of table. Yeah it would be better if Dundee stayed down for the crowds etc, but after this season and what we can do on the park, the next step is ultimately getting into the Top league. 

Let's be honest, we'd all rather have the situation in which we have Dundee derbies, Highland derbies & Fife derbies rather than County vs Killie and Dundee v Raith.

Hendry has looked a quality player in a lot of games this season but has been absolutely anonymous in the two massive games against us over the past few weeks. 
He's going to an established premiership side if we don't miraculously win 4-0 on Saturday. Probably will even if we do...

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Let's be honest, we'd all rather have the situation in which we have Dundee derbies, Highland derbies & Fife derbies rather than County vs Killie and Dundee v Raith.

Fife Derbies as in Kelty v Cowden next season? 

6 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Yeah if it’s Ross county, we’ll all be behind Dundee making it up. A championship consisting of County and Hamilton would suit us if we seriously want to maintain challenging at the top end of table. Yeah it would be better if Dundee stayed down for the crowds etc, but after this season and what we can do on the park, the next step is ultimately getting into the Top league. 

If County come down they'll romp the league as Uncle Roy will chuck money at the club to get them back up. If Killie come down they're more of an unknown entity - pretty sure they had their debt wiped out a few years ago so might be in a good position to make signings. If Dundee stay down they'll romp the league comfortably if they keep this team. If they'd played like they have over the last 10 games over the whole season they'd have given Hearts a bit of concern. 

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's going to an established premiership side if we don't miraculously win 4-0 on Saturday. Probably will even if we do...

If we were to get promoted, who would be a better option? We'd likely pay higher wages than most and I can't see Hibs, Aberdeen or Hearts taking a punt quite yet.

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

If County come down they'll romp the league as Uncle Roy will chuck money at the club to get them back up. If Killie come down they're more of an unknown entity - pretty sure they had their debt wiped out a few years ago so might be in a good position to make signings. If Dundee stay down they'll romp the league comfortably if they keep this team. If they'd played like they have over the last 10 games over the whole season they'd have given Hearts a bit of concern. 

So back to scrapping it down the bottom next season then? 😂

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

image.png.4781f4b11555b858a2b48a7f251f1ec7.png

Haha. For reasons well known, I’d be happy if we never had to play Brechin ever again. Although if you’s kick about in League 2 for a few more seasons it may well turn out that way anyway. But a relegation to the highland league would mean a Scottish cup tie maybe every 10 years. Incredible actually. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If we were to get promoted, who would be a better option? We'd likely pay higher wages than most and I can't see Hibs, Aberdeen or Hearts taking a punt quite yet.

Some chat about Aberdeen being interested, and St Johnstone.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

St Johnstone were mentioned a couple of weeks back. 

As an a side, the BBC iPlayer is utter shite.

Wanted to watch Sportscene to see how the Prem teams get on but the app on my firestick just gives me the English BBC's, and when I search Sportscene it's just old episodes rather than anything 'live'.

I've got the option of Killie on Alba but wanted the highlights. That combined with the utter shiteness of their 2 minute delay 9n live TV really boils my piss.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Wanted to watch Sportscene to see how the Prem teams get on but the app on my firestick just gives me the English BBC's, and when I search Sportscene it's just old episodes rather than anything 'live'.

I've got the option of Killie on Alba but wanted the highlights. That combined with the utter shiteness of their 2 minute delay 9n live TV really boils my piss.

Try changing location to Scotland in settings. 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Go into Preferences/Settings and you can change your location to get BBC One Scotland. 

But you're right on all counts. It is shite. 

Edited by Raith Against The Machine

1 minute ago, renton said:

Some chat about Aberdeen being interested, and St Johnstone.

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

St Johnstone were mentioned a couple of weeks back. 

Aberdeen, fair enough.

Paul McGowan and Kane Hemmings have both turned St Johnstone down whilst we've been in the lower division and whilst it's not the be all and end all, a chance to play with Charlie Adam and higher wages isn't to be sniffed at IMO.

As I say though, based on his 2 performances in very important games though, I'd not be bothered either way! 

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

If anyone is curious what would have happened if the Raith goal was allowed, it would have ended 3-1 instead of 3-0. You're welcome.

That's not how reality works.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

There’s certainly a chance he could end up at Dundee but I can’t see it. There’s been a few rumours about him going down south. He turned down more money from Falkirk to sign for us in the first place so whilst wages are clearly important, there will be a lot more things he will base his decision on. Hibs and Aberdeen have better quality in midfield than him at the moment but he could definitely do a job for Hearts looking at their options in there. St Johnstone, particularly if they lose McCann looks an option too. Livi are also sniffing around.

In fairness to Dundee, from what I have seen, central midfield is well down the list of areas they need to strengthen, they are very strong in there. Of our out of contract players, I’d say Dan Armstrong seems the most likely possibility for Dundee.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aberdeen, fair enough.

Paul McGowan and Kane Hemmings have both turned St Johnstone down whilst we've been in the lower division and whilst it's not the be all and end all, a chance to play with Charlie Adam and higher wages isn't to be sniffed at IMO.

As I say though, based on his 2 performances in very important games though, I'd not be bothered either way! 

On the subject of ex Rovers midfielders. I am left wondering if Ross Callachan will take the relegation with Hamilton or find another Prem team to take him, you think Dundee would be interested in him if/when you go up. Think he was well thought of when he was out on loan to you?