2021 Scottish Cup Final (Hibernian v St.Johnstone)

Why is it unsafe to have more than 600 at Hibs v St Johnstone on Saturday 22nd May (around 1% capacity) - but then safe to have 12,000+ at Scotland v Czech Republic just 23 days later on Monday 14th June (around 25% capacity)?

Why spaced 2m now and 1.5m then?

Indeed why not 1m like indoor hospitality/etc.?

1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

Why is it unsafe to have more than 600 at Hibs v St Johnstone on Saturday 22nd May (around 1% capacity) - but then safe to have 12,000+ at Scotland v Czech Republic just 23 days later on Monday 14th June (around 25% capacity)?

Why spaced 2m now and 1.5m then?

Indeed why not 1m like indoor hospitality/etc.?

The Scottish government despise working class football fans and, when it comes to this final, don't have UEFA whipping them into accepting a certain amount of spectators in the ground.

Just now, HibsFan said:

The Scottish government despise working class football fans and, when it comes to this final, don't have UEFA whipping them into accepting a certain amount of spectators in the ground.

This is pretty much it, isn't it. The SNP/Greens absolutely despise football supporters. No one in either party has the inclination to stand up for us.

On 11/05/2021 at 18:04, G51 said:

3,000 fans has to be a joke right? What the f**k are the SFA playing at?

You've got to admit, the (rightful) outrage at this number a few days ago is a bit funny now due to the new confirmed number.

1 minute ago, HibsFan said:

You forgot to add in the hospitality industry. 

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

You've got to admit, the (rightful) outrage at this number a few days ago is a bit funny now due to the new confirmed number.

You're right tbh.

They can't even clear the lowest of low bars.

I feel so sorry for my new MSP but he’s getting an email from me in the morning asking how in the f**k 600 fans is acceptable.

The cynic in me reckons they know Glasgow restrictions are to be tightened and they’ve decided to offer a lower amount and then point at the risk of Glasgow as a factor.

13 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

This is it in a nutshell. If this was a rugby event you'd be looking at far, far, more fans being allowed in.

Everyone just seems happy to mope along until the end of the season with no fans, so this is just the most minimal effort they can put in. Fans shouldve been back in grounds months ago.

If we start next season and over 1000 fans still are allowed into top flight games then there's hopefully some serious questions getting asked of somebody.

9 minutes ago, Durex Play said:

Personally I’d be moving heaven and earth to give them to 100-150 of the oldest and mean this with the greatest respect, any fan who is suffering from terminal illness who is able to safely make their way to the stadium with their careers.

I realise the logistics may be difficult to fathom but if they are terminally ill and had their vaccine then give them their day.

Could I have worded that better? Probably but I hope my point makes sense.

I’d support this 100%. Family and friends of players/staff should be given the rest. 

300 tickets for Saints is a nightmare but I can’t even imagine how Hibs will try and coordinate that. 

I’ve not been quite as deflated about football in quite a while given this and the covid situation currently at Saints. Thank f**k we have a good team. 

300 fans allowed in, yet if we win the game, in 10 years time there'll be 700 folk who remember being there...

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

300 tickets for Saints is a nightmare but I can’t even imagine how Hibs will try and coordinate that

We should just give them to key workers or something deserving, a ST ballot is pointless as nobody will want to go on their own etc.

There is a trolley collector in my local Sainsburys who is a Hibby - he gets my vote.

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

We should just give them to key workers or something deserving, a ST ballot is pointless as nobody will want to go on their own etc.

There is a trolley collector in my local Sainsburys who is a Hibby - he gets my vote.

The guy works in my local Morrison's deserves a ticket. 

We’re probably our own worst enemies (football fans).

Let’s be honest, a sizeable percentage (me included) of supporters turn up/ splash their money regardless of how they’re treated and that is well known by those who make decisions about the sport.  They can pretty much do what they like.

I don’t think it’ll ever change either.

We’ll all have a good moan, some might vent their anger on Twitter etc, but ultimately we’ll all be watching the final on tv and buying season tickets as soon as they’re on sale in the summer.

Edited by PauloPerth