12 minutes ago, AndyM said:

You're not shite at all and there are some good players at Pittodrie but you need to go shopping for strikers. Glass IMHO will basically try to replicate what he experienced when he played at Hibs where he was part of a side that had a lot of good young talent playing every week round a few of senior pros (Considine, Brown, Lewis  etc) .  Consistency will be hard to achieve and you'll play a lot of entertaining stuff that the fans will enjoy and wipe some teams away. However there will be regular horrific performances with the odd unexpected heavy defeat as well and forget about challenging the uglies..

It's all relative, we've been shite in the grand scheme of things since November.

We have decent quality back to middle but when you say 'just need end product' every week from November through to May it's pretty safe to conclude that we are shite as an attacking unit. I am, of course, over exaggerating when I just sum us up as shite but it's been a pretty miserable season all things told. Looking forward to starting a fresh in a few weeks.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Boyle is limited though. It's why he is at Hibs. A player with his raw attributes is nowhere near Scottish football unless it's a season or two at one of the filth before moving on to a decent team down south. It's not a knock on the guy. He absolutely makes the most of what he has but his end product is often non existent. Compare him to Matty Kennedy/Jonny Hayes. All three are very wasteful with their final ball. Boyle's pace gives him a lot more chances to get it right.

I don't think there is much between the two sides in the grand scheme of things. There isn't much of the Hibs team I'd take in place of their opposing player at Aberdeen. The main difference is the three I would take. They have almost as many goals between them as our whole team has for the season.

Your new manager obviously disagrees as there were times when there were three of your players on him on Wednesday night.

3 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Your new manager obviously disagrees as there were times when there were three of your players on him on Wednesday night.

Bizarre post.

As I already stated, due to his raw attributes he gets more chances than most. Why wouldn't you try to stop him getting the ball?

Making the most of what you have is an enviable trait. You don't need to get upset about it.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Bizarre post.

As I already stated, due to his raw attributes he gets more chances than most. Why wouldn't you try to stop him getting the ball?

Making the most of what you have is an enviable trait. You don't need to get upset about it.

He appears to be a very angry man. I don't know why constructive criticism of one of the Hibs players limitations riles him so much.

I note his angry message at me on a previous page too.

You think he would be happy to see the best Hibs team in almost 2 decades!

2 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

He appears to be a very angry man. I don't know why constructive criticism of one of the Hibs players limitations riles him so much.

I note his angry message at me on a previous page too.

You think he would be happy to see the best Hibs team in almost 2 decades!

Aye.

Adam Rooney was one of the most limited footballers I've seen at Pittodrie. If he wasn't scoring goals he wasn't doing anything productive. 

Was still a guaranteed started until his final year.

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Bizarre post.

Not upset in the slightest, in fact quite the opposite,  just pointing out why an opposing manager would put three men on a player whose end product is 'often non existent'. I get you may have only seen Boyle sporadically this season however his 'end' product is anything but non existent.

Just now, Joe Terrapin said:

Not upset in the slightest, in fact quite the opposite,  just pointing out why an opposing manager would put three men on a player whose end product is 'often non existent'. I get you may have only seen Boyle sporadically this season however his 'end' product is anything but non existent.

Do you want to know why? Because sometimes he scores/assists. That's why.

Simple stuff.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Aye.

Adam Rooney was one of the most limited footballers I've seen at Pittodrie. If he wasn't scoring goals he wasn't doing anything productive. 

Was still a guaranteed started until his final year.

Exactly. Limited footballers with 1 particular skill/attribute can do very well in this league as we all know.

1 hour ago, Joe Terrapin said:

For the vast majority of the match it was only Jack MacKenzie that was marking Boyle out of the game, and not three players. 

23 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

A goal every 3 games this season as a winger playing with 2 centre forwards.

More assists than anyone outside Rangers and Celtic.

No end product though.

Don't dare bring stats into it, wee squirrel obviously riles them up having abandoned his home city. If only they had a player of his 'limited ability' and non existent end product they wouldnt have finished so far behind us this season.

What an odd debate. It is entirely possible that Boyle is both a clear threat to be dealt with and also has his limitations as a player. His output has gotten much better in the last year or so which is great but it doesn’t change the fact. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

What an odd debate. It is entirely possible that Boyle is both a clear threat to be dealt with and also has his limitations as a player. His output has gotten much better in the last year or so which is great but it doesn’t change the fact. 

Don't bring common sense to the table.

1 hour ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

A goal every 3 games this season as a winger playing with 2 centre forwards.

More assists than anyone outside Rangers and Celtic.

No end product though.

Assists are pretty pointless to include. For one 3 of them could have been in one game with a spell of ten games without one in between the next. He could also get 1 next season with the strikers missing several sitters he's laid on a plate.

He's also the penalty taker.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Nobody said he has no limitations. Its a bit strange though to call him out as a limited player and not much end product when he's literally been one of the most productive players in the league this season.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Don't bring common sense to the table.

Assists are pretty pointless to include. For one 3 of them could have been in one game with a spell of ten games without one in between the next. He could also get 1 next season with the strikers missing several sitters he's laid on a plate.

He's also the penalty taker.

The state of this Image result for talkhearts

Do assists (or goals, for that matter) not count if they're not evenly spread over the season?

16 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Nobody said he has no limitations. Its a bit strange though to call him out as a limited player and not much end product when he's literally been one of the most productive players in the league this season.

Do assists (or goals, for that matter) not count if they're not evenly spread over the season?

When you score as few goals as Aberdeen the spread does become relevent, yes.  

18 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Hibs fans seem massively triggered by Aberdeen, not the other way round as they like to insist.

Having meltdowns over a limited player whose had a good season being called limited. Who cares really?

Youve waited 10 years to finish above Aberdeen. Enjoy it.

6 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Hibs fans seem massively triggered by Aberdeen, not the other way round as they like to insist.

Having meltdowns over a limited player whose had a good season being called limited. Who cares really?

Youve waited 10 years to finish above Aberdeen. Enjoy it.

shut the door gifs | WiffleGif

You waited 13 days to post on this forum.  Had Aberdeen won you'd have been on here in a flash.

You didn't.  Next week you will get to watch either us win the Scottish cup or St Johnstone win an incredible double.  Something you have waited far far longer for than 10 years.

Enjoy it.