Inverness' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Inverness' next permanent manager?  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've put Coyle in the Dunfermline list, but not the Caley list. FS,

Still reckon there's something in Neil McCann with these 6 jobs on offer.

McCann is still up in Inverness. Lyndon Dykes posted a photo on Instagram at Caley Park with Dodds, Robertson, Wilson, Gardiner and McCann as he was up here for training. Apparently Dykes is with the agency McCann has started working with.

Its probably reading into things too much as if McCann was going to take the job surely it would have been announced before we started asking for applications.

4 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

McCann is still up in Inverness. Lyndon Dykes posted a photo on Instagram at Caley Park with Dodds, Robertson, Wilson, Gardiner and McCann as he was up here for training. Apparently Dykes is with the agency McCann has started working with.

Its probably reading into things too much as if McCann was going to take the job surely it would have been announced before we started asking for applications.

To be fair, McCann was our number 1 choice, turned the job down, our board then whored themselves out to Jack Ross, got turned down by St Mirren, then John Nelms went out to meet Ross on holiday and then McCann decided he'd accept the initial offer we made him, which made things very awkward as you'd expect. He's still in the running IMO.

23 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair, McCann was our number 1 choice, turned the job down, our board then whored themselves out to Jack Ross, got turned down by St Mirren, then John Nelms went out to meet Ross on holiday and then McCann decided he'd accept the initial offer we made him, which made things very awkward as you'd expect. He's still in the running IMO.

I had forgotten about that actually. It is a bit different as he has already started a new job.

I know he is going through, what seems like, a messy/expensive divorce so the job he has started may suit him better but if he really wants to be a manager, as his main career, this summer is the best chance he will ever have at getting a job he wants imo.

Im not trying to say we are the best option available, especially with the Dunfermline job going which would be far more attractive, but if he wants to carry on with the punditry then we would be a good option. We let Terry Butcher away to do all sorts of stuff like that which I’m not sure other clubs would be so keen on. I could be wrong on what other clubs would let him do though tbf.

45 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Sweary man from Real Kashmir has apparently applied.

Fcuk off ya cnut I don’t fcuking believe it, 😂 

On 18/05/2021 at 17:06, virginton said:

Have you ever considered a job in PR?

As it is, I'm not sure why you're so convinced that Inverness would only hire people that they can afford, given your string of eye-watering financial losses at this level. 

Methinks you need to look closer to home….

5746ACC6-41A1-4AE1-BBC7-EEB72CE10493.jpeg.90616ac6007a3f66c2b6d7c112bb1c22.jpeg

Apparently there was some throwaway comment on Sportsound recently where Richard Gordon said something along the lines of "we all know who's getting it" when talking about the ICT job. So I would surmise that points towards Dodds.

41 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I have been informed that Mark Fotheringham has applied for the job.  Currently working as an assistant manager in Germany.

Fozzy in as manager and bringing in his mate Midge. 

On 27/05/2021 at 11:38, RiG said:

Apparently there was some throwaway comment on Sportsound recently where Richard Gordon said something along the lines of "we all know who's getting it" when talking about the ICT job. So I would surmise that points towards Dodds.

He was talking to Neil Mccann who laughed and quickly changed the subject.

I wonder how long it is going to take for an announcement to be made. Dunfermline and County managed to appoint someone very quickly. We seem to be taking a while to do it. Not saying there is anything wrong with that but would just like someone appointed soon.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

I wonder how long it is going to take for an announcement to be made. Dunfermline and County managed to appoint someone very quickly. We seem to be taking a while to do it. Not saying there is anything wrong with that but would just like someone appointed soon.

Much better to take as much time as needed rather than appointing muck like Grant or Mackay.

Seems like we just appointed the first jobber to have an interview just because he 'interviewed well', whatever the f**k that means. Did we describe a time when he delivered excellent customer service? Did he make a good tower out of ice lolly sticks? Did he give a good answer to the question "What animal would you be?"?

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Much better to take as much time as needed rather than appointing muck like Grant or Mackay.

Seems like we just appointed the first jobber to have an interview just because he 'interviewed well', whatever the f**k that means. Did we describe a time when he delivered excellent customer service? Did he make a good tower out of ice lolly sticks? Did he give a good answer to the question "What animal would you be?"?

Aye, you are right. I just feel that the club have known about this a lot longer than when it was announced and done nothing about it. Don’t want to be going much longer without a manager and potentially missing out on players who have been released who we could have brought in.

We are just looking for the candidate with the perfect Rangers-Hearts ratio to keep the CEO happy. Sadly I don’t think Dave McPherson or Alex MacDonald will have applied.

At the start of the week it seemed inevitable that Billy Dodds was going to be appointed but I have to think that if that was going to happen he would've been by now.  It's been said that Dodds got on well with the players last season and were impressed by his coaching.  You'd think after McCann rejected it, if Dodds really was the next outstanding candidate and was interested, he'd have been interviewed straight away and would've already been appointed.  The longer this goes on, the less likely he's the man getting the job IMO.

5 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Don Cowie en route I have been informed. Dodds continuing as assistant.

Hope not. He has no coaching experience to speak of. What could he possibly have said in the interview to come out on top of all other candidates?

1 hour ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Hope not. He has no coaching experience to speak of. What could he possibly have said in the interview to come out on top of all other candidates?

He will do it for a tenth of the wages of the other candidates?