Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock FC & Kilmarnock FC vs Dundee FC

43 minutes ago, K.T said:

This is all set up for that Doyle guy to have the game of his life now. Sake.

To be fair I thought he had the game of his life in the first leg. Genuinely, he surprised me at his saves that probably stopped Killie losing 3 or 4 goals. 

Am hoping McPake will resist the urge to tinker with the starting XI if everyone is fit. I like having the option to bring on Cummings/Afolabi/Sow(?!) (will Jakubiak ever play another game for us??!!) to freshen things up when Mullen has run himself into the ground, but don't really want to see a change of shape unless we are falling badly behind.

IF we show the same kind of attitude, commitment and lack of stupid mistakes that we did for the first 75 minutes at Dens, then I can easily see us winning on the night, nevermind the tie. However, if McPake has a "tactical masterstroke" or we play as badly as we have done this season quite a few times, then we will get pumped.

Legzdins, Adam, Fontaine, Ashcroft, Byrne & McGhee have to keep the head and show their experience here. Kerr, Elliott & McGowan have to ensure they don't give away possession as they are often likely to do, and McMullan & Mullen just have to keep harrying, niggling and running with the ball whenever they get the chance.

I know it's not the Dundee way, but a nice, stress-free 2-0 win would be much appreciated...

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

Having predicted the outcome of the 1st leg, I'm finding this one more tricky. Possibly the reverse with a 2-1 Killie victory. 

Anyone's game tonight. 

Can you get odds on which club goes into administration first? Asking for a friend.

After watching Dundee a few times earlier in the season I thought they were utterly horrendous (despite having a pretty good squad), however they seemed to have a massive transformation in the final 5 or 6 weeks of the season and started to look a pretty good side.

From an outsider looking in, I was really surprised at how poor Killie looked in the game at Dens and Dundee looked miles ahead, however what it really looked like to me was a team in Kilmarnock who looked that they had finally hit a brick wall at the end of a long hard season and who were seriously lacking in confidence and Dundee on the other hand looked like a team full of energy and confidence with a mission in mind.

Anyway, what do I know, but I would really like the Ayrshire derbies back !!!

Killie won't be as bad going forward, surely. Dundee done well to keep Burke quiet, which in itself keeps Lafferty quiet. Killie will probably be just as bad defensively.

Goes without saying but I'll say it anyway, the first goal tonight is vital.

Pretty hard to predict, both teams are more than capable of scoring goals. I expect it will be attack is the best form of defence.

2 hours ago, Munoz said:

Having predicted the outcome of the 1st leg, I'm finding this one more tricky. Possibly the reverse with a 2-1 Killie victory. 

Anyone's game tonight. 

My betting tip for tonight is a yellow card double for Lafferty and McGowan, 11-1 with bet365.

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Killie won't be as bad going forward, surely. Dundee done well to keep Burke quiet, which in itself keeps Lafferty quiet. Killie will probably be just as bad defensively.

Goes without saying but I'll say it anyway, the first goal tonight is vital.

Pretty hard to predict, both teams are more than capable of scoring goals. I expect it will be attack is the best form of defence.

A lot will hinge on Burke , as I was impressed with him on the plastic in both recent games. Sitting in would be a wrong move for Dundee though , as they must know now about Kilmarnock's defensive weakness !

4 hours ago, johnnydun said:

@Ludo*1 would probably have a better idea of what his net worth is, as he likes to look into that kind of stuff. But you could probably add another couple of  $100m on to that.

Wow. Thought I might be low, but was way off.

Someone should tell him that a random message board St. Mirren fan thinks he's about to lose the team because he can't afford it.

In the first game, I was surprised by how much energy Dundee had - they gave Killie a bit of a chasing. I guess we're used to the Championship team kind of staggering to the finish line but Dundee looked by far the fresher of the two sides (I guess because they've played less than Killie). If they can summon up that tempo again tonight, they've got every chance (although I can't help but feel that goal out of nowhere for Killie will be decisive in the end).

1 hour ago, AmericanFan said:

Someone should tell him that a random message board St. Mirren fan thinks he's about to lose the team because he can't afford it.

To be fair, that same poster is also pretending he has friends. 

He's also all over the forum telling people that he's loaded, personally. 

He's an absolute fantasist who should have his strings pulled a bit but ultimately understand that he's nothing more than a field goat. 

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

You'd have to deal with us for another full season though... think wisely.

Aye, forgot about that :(

PS I'm not an admirer of Killie either, the Strathclyde broadcasters' pet team.

Edited by Raith_Raver