Summer Transfers of '21

I haven't been following the transfers too closely tbh but would agree that Inverness look to be doing relatively well. Hamilton could stink the place out but they'll no doubt contrive to win the play-offs instead.

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

Which brickies and plumbers will be consigning you to midtable mediocrity again in the seaside leagues though?

Just you keep your squad nice and warm for us viking, we'll be back next summer.

42 minutes ago, virginton said:

...for our haddies and rejects like the C team you are.

4B61F62E-7626-4D2E-BE62-3A31CBEC845E.jpeg.fd790b659afe480e96a340c33160a944.jpeg

Nice to see you're still ill over Tidser choosing us over his beloved Morton. Imagine losing your club captain/legend/Mr Morton to the team who have just been relegated from your league. Absolute diddy club. Who's paying the player wages this year? Gus taking his payments in alternative months to make sure his squad gets something?

40 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Nice to see you're still ill over Tidser choosing us over his beloved Morton. Imagine losing your club captain/legend/Mr Morton to the team who have just been relegated from your league. Absolute diddy club. Who's paying the player wages this year? Gus taking his payments in alternative months to make sure his squad gets something?

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Which brickies and plumbers will be consigning you to midtable mediocrity again in the seaside leagues though?

Answer the question please, preferably on your own wee forum for the permadiddies. 

Polworth is also a fantastic signing if you get someone in beside him who allows him to play his game and just focus on creating, Blair Alston isn't that someone.

Alston very obviously isn't going to play in central midfield alongside Polworth. With the squad as it is now I'd expect McGinn and Polworth to be our midfield two.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Alston very obviously isn't going to play in central midfield alongside Polworth. With the squad as it is now I'd expect McGinn and Polworth to be our midfield two.

That pairing need a third midfielder surely?

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Could be Robinson, could be Murray, could be McKenzie, could be a new signing. I'm not entirely sure at the moment.

That’s fair.   More a comment that those 2 would struggle if left on their own.   Indeed I’m struggling to think of any side that’s been successful at this level without 3 center mids.   It’s almost become a requirement.

16 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Kyle Turner getting described as a “great piece of business” sort of sums up the acquisitions so far quite neatly.

Add Scott Tiffoney to that. Never realised scoring 8 goals in League 1 would have you described as a great signing for the league above.

Naismith, Robinson and Polworth are the three we've signed who I'm pretty pleased about - all three of them have played in this division before, and all three have performed well in the league above.

Edited by craigkillie

21 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Morton should've been deducted points last season considering their financial irregularities. Poor Gus will need to take a wage cut at some point this season no doubt. A horrible and immoral club, spending money they know they don't have and potentially ruining the financial situation of footballers who need their wages, completely disgraceful. 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Naismith, Robinson and Polworth are the three we've signed who I'm pretty pleased about - all three of them have played in this division before, and all thre have performed well in the league above.

They’re all good, solid signings but not ones that will frighten anybody.

4 hours ago, MS RR said:

Morton should've been deducted points last season considering their financial irregularities. Poor Gus will need to take a wage cut at some point this season no doubt. A horrible and immoral club, spending money they know they don't have and potentially ruining the financial situation of footballers who need their wages, completely disgraceful. 

Many bites you looking for?

Regarding the stand-out signing, I wouldn’t claim to be an expert but I watch every Scottish Football match I can on TV as analytically as I can, usually twice, and Scott Robinson stands out for me as the outstanding signing for this level.