The best and worst, and the current state, of strip sponsorship

Hearts “Save the children” shirt sponsorship is probably our best ever but it has apparently run its course and we’ve got a new commercial sponsor lined up

I don’t know who it is but it’s got to be better than Wonga

Turns out Dell are putting up the money and the hearts shirt will publicise, and raise funds for, MND Scotland supporting people affected by Motor Neurone Disease, the condition that killed Marius Zaliukas

Which all sounds jolly good

Now hopefully they get the right shade of maroon for the shirts and some half decent signings to fit into them

I remember thinking the Killie cheddar one looked pretty daft at the time, but really it's a lot better than the random betting companies all over the place now.

I hope Scottish clubs don't go down the Indonesian / South American / French route of having two dozen sponsors on each shirt.  Not a great look...

Killie.jpg

New-Persib-Bandung-Jersey-2019-624x679.jpg

On 29/05/2021 at 23:46, resk said:

When that Football Index pyramid scheme thing collapsed and turned out to be a massive scam and loads of idiots had lost a rake of money, I saw quite a lot of victims saying "I thought it was genuine - they were on the Forest and QPR shirts!"  As if your standard fitba club does some kind of ethical and financial deep dive into any potential sponsor, rather than just whoring their shirts out to whoever can cobble some cash together.  Ultimately people should take responsibility for making their own decisions about what shite product to spunk their money on.  

The Dons have been reasonably fortunate to avoid any proper tinpot sponsors - maybe Northsound Radio would be the tinny pottiest.  Normally it's some kind of reasonably obscure "energy services" company that I can't really figure out what they do, and I work in the oil and gas.  Although TBF I am quite incompetent.  

We had ADT which is part of a massive company. A big blue block in the middle of our strips just looked out of place.

I hated the Zoom Airlines sponsor we had on the 04-06 home kit. It looked a bit better on the away kit and 3rd kit but was a shocker compared to "The Untouchables" which went before it. 

motherwell-home-football-shirt-2004-2006-s_2663_1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, SoloXI said:

It definitely is, in fact it's so horrendous I'm going to lift the picture from the article and pop it in here, as I doubt people would believe this without seeing it...

NNfVhAb.jpg

On 30/05/2021 at 02:12, ATLIS said:

Tony Macaroni sponsors have always been fairly smart, always fit the kit and didn't stand out on it either
2018-19-1.jpg

The Tony Macaroni sponsor is genuinely my favourite ever Livi shirt sponsors and probably one of my favourite ever football sponsors. I know we get a bit of stick for it but, especially on the promotion season shirts, it looked really smart. I was also firmly in the "Love it" camp for the #spaghettihad on the back of the shirts