Kelty Hearts Thread

14 hours ago, Kelheart said:

All the spotlight on Daramola n CJ today but thought Moore stole the show , what a signing and with something to prove after almost two years out so pleased for him today , Billy Owens as well being asked to play out of position but just gets on with it absolutely delighted for them all today 👌🏼👌🏼

There's genuine quality for this level throughout the team. In all the years I've been watching football this has been one of the most impressive rebuilds I've seen, especially considering our starting position. It's not just the standard of player that's stood out for me, the way this team has been able to gel in such a short space of time is also notable.

My other team is Nottingham Forest and whilst the Premier League is a world away from where Kelty are, last season they found themselves in a similar position. They won promotion after a freak run of incredible results with a team consisting mostly of loan signings and players who were Championship level at best. A handful of the promotion winning team stayed on, but they spent millions on new players and broke the record for the most signings in a transfer window, it was a necessity to field a competitive team. The result was a bit of a car crash for the first few months. The quality was there, but there were many failures before the manager figured out his best 11 and even then it took a long time for it to come together. It was grim viewing to begin with. 

Tidser doesn't need to worry about finding his best 11, that's more or less settled for him. He has however had to get a tune out of all these new faces, and he's done it immediately. What's taken me by surprise is not only the standard of players we've brought in, but how together the team looks in such a short space of time. There's an understanding and fluidity there that you'd expect from a team that's been playing competitively for months. 

3 minutes ago, KH4 said:

There's genuine quality for this level throughout the team. In all the years I've been watching football this has been one of the most impressive rebuilds I've seen, especially considering our starting position. It's not just the standard of player that's stood out for me, the way this team has been able to gel in such a short space of time is also notable.

My other team is Nottingham Forest and whilst the Premier League is a world away from where Kelty are, last season they found themselves in a similar position. They won promotion after a freak run of incredible results with a team consisting mostly of loan signings and players who were Championship level at best. A handful of the promotion winning team stayed on, but they spent millions on new players and broke the record for the most signings in a transfer window, it was a necessity to field a competitive team. The result was a bit of a car crash for the first few months. The quality was there, but there were many failures before the manager figured out his best 11 and even then it took a long time for it to come together. It was grim viewing to begin with. 

Tidser doesn't need to worry about finding his best 11, that's more or less settled for him. He has however had to get a tune out of all these new faces, and he's done it immediately. What's taken me by surprise is not only the standard of players we've brought in, but how together the team looks in such a short space of time. There's an understanding and fluidity there that you'd expect from a team that's been playing competitively for months. 

Add a couple more in on loan (defenders most likely) & we are right in about it this season with Tids at the helm.

36 minutes ago, KH4 said:

Totally agree the team spirit is there for all to see , last season it was like Potter put out 11 guys and said just see what you can do and probably disheartened them and few guys you could tell just didn't want to be there at all , early days but if the first couple of months of Tids in charge is anything to go by we are going to see good attacking and plenty effort football as don't think he will settle for any less , brilliant start against a team who well bested us last season but big test on Saturday against one of the favourites for the title , bring it on 

2 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Totally agree the team spirit is there for all to see , last season it was like Potter put out 11 guys and said just see what you can do and probably disheartened them and few guys you could tell just didn't want to be there at all , early days but if the first couple of months of Tids in charge is anything to go by we are going to see good attacking and plenty effort football as don't think he will settle for any less , brilliant start against a team who well bested us last season but big test on Saturday against one of the favourites for the title , bring it on 

I'll always maintain we had the quality to perform much better last season, in terms of the football we were playing, the results and our overall league position. Potter had some very good players at his disposal, and it's a classic example of individual talent just not coming together. It wasn't a disaster and I don't want to be too hard on the guy, but it can be really difficult to fix a situation like that. A complete departure from where we were and almost starting again isn't the worst thing that could have happened. 

There were instances last season where I just didn't see us getting a result, when we visited East End Park the 0-0 draw felt like a win. There will be many games this season where we come up against a well organised unit who have the quality to outplay us. Looking at this team though, I think the ability is there to strike back with an effective counter attacking threat even if we're on the ropes. From what I've seen so far we're able to get forward quickly with enough numbers to have a go, and there's a bit of pace in there as well. We'll certainly come unstuck, and I'd still expect Accies to get the result on Saturday. The key thing is though that even against the better sides in the Division, I don't think we'll need to rely on luck for goals and we're capable of giving any defence in the League problems. 

Well done guys, great result yesterday. I wasn’t sure what to expect from Kelty this season, I might have had you as one of the favourites for the drop. 

But after yesterday and the league cup performances, no reason why you can’t push on for the play offs! 

On 06/08/2023 at 20:46, Connor7 said:

Well done guys, great result yesterday. I wasn’t sure what to expect from Kelty this season, I might have had you as one of the favourites for the drop. 

But after yesterday and the league cup performances, no reason why you can’t push on for the play offs! 

Nice one squire. As I mentioned earlier the result on Saturday was significant due to how Montrose have performed in recent seasons. Their progress has often been overlooked but it's worth remembering that prior to 2018, theyve been playing in the bottom tier since the 90s, and in 2015 they finished rock bottom. They've demonstrated that clubs of a certain size can get a foothold in League One, and it's not always easy when resources are limited. Supporters of clubs playing at a higher level often believe that the only difference between League One and League Two is the occasional appearance of club like Raith Rovers, Falkirk or Dunfermline. They reality is that for the most part we've got 4 distinct levels of quality with each division being stronger than the one below. 

4 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Much tougher today against s good Hamilton side. Thought we did well in patches but they really dominated possession and limited our chances.

Yip Hamilton well deserved it today , how Kyle never got mom is beyond me , Tiwi was off the pace and they exposed Owens at every opportunity, really think if Walker was fit and playing we might have sneaked a point the day although undeserved , Barjo played away braw for them 

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Great win against a decent Alloa side. Well deserved lead at HT but 2nd half much tighter. Hanging on a bit near the end. Great free kick for the Wasps goal. 

Mon the Kelty! 

Brilliant start to the season neeb 6 points from teams  that were by in large better than us last season, I thought  we controlled the game well , great to see Walker back in at LB , Tiwi deservedly on bench after last weeks performance and Cunningham getting two after claiming a start after being benched last week , shows Tids isn't afraid to make decisions for the bettter of the team , better start to the season than I could have foreseen in May anyway 

36 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Brilliant start to the season neeb 6 points from teams  that were by in large better than us last season, I thought  we controlled the game well , great to see Walker back in at LB , Tiwi deservedly on bench after last weeks performance and Cunningham getting two after claiming a start after being benched last week , shows Tids isn't afraid to make decisions for the bettter of the team , better start to the season than I could have foreseen in May anyway 

Way better start than last season, plus the brand of football is much better. Looks like it could be a good season.

Edited by Robert Forbes

Stirling will be an interesting proposition next week. They've done well in the cup comps similar to us and have started well league wise also.

Always liked Forthbank from either playing the Uni in the Lowland league (remember a screamer from Thomas Reilly) or actually against Albion last season.