Kelty Hearts Thread

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Decent game the day, always harsh to lose on penalties but they could go either way. New Central Park is looking pretty decent,  some amount of work put in over the past few years. Best of luck for the season. 

Cheers Rover. Tough second half for us but seen enough today to be confident we'll do well enough this season. Early days still.

On 28/06/2023 at 22:09, Kelheart said:

Billy was the tanned one no 6 I think went down in second half ,  injured his knee a bit as heard Tam telling Geordie to get him off as he was toiling 

wee bit anoraking here but 

could the no 6 have been Billy Owens just released by Partick Thistle ? 

Definitely is going by the photos. He can play RB and CM. He was very highly-rated a few years but I think the covid delays seemed to hamper his development.

Edited by Reid

22 hours ago, Reid said:

Definitely is going by the photos. He can play RB and CM. He was very highly-rated a few years but I think the covid delays seemed to hamper his development.

Played RB for most of yesterday then into CM later in game.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Are Kelty likely to be streaming the game tomorrow night? I’ve no chance of making it up but may be able to watch it at home if you are. 

Don't think it will be streamed but they will probably do highlights neeb 

1 hour ago, DazzJag said:

What's the parking situation like at Kelty? Crossing the stadium off my list tonight so wasn't sure where they best place was to park

You should be able to park in the Community Centre car park which is right next to the away turnstiles or on the streets surrounding the ground (Bath Street, the South end of the Main Street or Croall Place for the home end; the north end of the Main Street or Oak Street are nearer the away end).

36 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Disappointed there will be no Buffalo Pies tonight. Is there a decent chippy in town? 

There is a chippy opposite the school so literally 5 minutes walk from the ground. It's OK, nothing special IMO but good enough for a quick bite. There's also one of those ice cream/dessert places that are popping up everywhere these days and a Chinese (which isn't as good as it once was, again, IMO) either side of the chip shop.

Pleased with a lot tonight. Lyon is a good addition & reckon we'll take Billy Owens & Harley Ewan on for the season.  Unsure who the starting right back was but decent again. No sign of Moore yet though? 

Thistle looked decent & Brian Graham a handful as usual.

10 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Pleased with a lot tonight. Lyon is a good addition & reckon we'll take Billy Owens & Harley Ewan on for the season.  Unsure who the starting right back was but decent again. No sign of Moore yet though? 

Thistle looked decent & Brian Graham a handful as usual.

Aye really like what I'm watching so far , maybe overcook it sometimes in midfield when a wee chip in over the top for Tiwi would be better option as he looks like he's been playing this level all the time , he's going to cause teams trouble this season I hope , really like Gourley in goal as well ,Thistle looked very sharp considering it's their first game back , their full backs are only 17and 18 year olds , pair of units and very good , Lawless has some touch and ability as well 

49 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Yeah we were talking about him on Tuesday and quite a decent player apparently but Transfer market says without a club and wiki says used to play with Kelty 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Wiki is the same as the day we signed him apart from the intro which is random. Shows him at us for 2023 in the table. Prob still waiting on clearance & he's maybe not fit for pre season? Either that or it's been fucked lol.

Edited by leomessi1984

10 hours ago, The Thistle Archive said:

We've 'Archived' Tuesday's game per below, two Kelty trialists awaiting I.D. - if anyone has the info please get in touch, thanks!

Kelty Hearts 1 Partick Thistle 2 →

Harley Ewan was one of the trialists who came on 2nd half. No idea who the others were.