Kelty Hearts Thread

Annan on Saturday , always a decent game with goals , hopefully have at least one of Moore or McKluskey back available but reflecting back the boys actually played well last week at Stirling who are a more than decent outfit and will cause most team's problems this season 

Mon Kelty 

2 hours ago, Robert Forbes said:

A draw would have been a fairer result, always a sickener to lose to a late goal.

Can't really disagree. There was little in it and on another day you'd have had a goal second half.

Can't see you guys as title challenges or relegation candidates based on that showing.

See you bumping around tye middle which is hopefully where we will be too.

4 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Have noticed that Tiwi's gametime has dropped off a cliff beginning with the first fixture of the league campaign. Has he picked up a knock or were what was visible from highlights making him seem much better than he actually is?

He was class across all pre season & Cup games but Moores form has increased competition for places. I think we'll see him plenty starting with this weekend. He needs to improve defensively too.

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

He was class across all pre season & Cup games but Moores form has increased competition for places. I think we'll see him plenty starting with this weekend. He needs to improve defensively too.

Doesn't come as a surprise that his defensive side of the game needs a bit of work after basically sitting on the shoulder for a few seasons prior. Was quite frightening watching him throughout the League Cup games, if he can come close to replicating it you've got a seriously good player on your hands.

30 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Doesn't come as a surprise that his defensive side of the game needs a bit of work after basically sitting on the shoulder for a few seasons prior. Was quite frightening watching him throughout the League Cup games, if he can come close to replicating it you've got a seriously good player on your hands.

I think he'll be patchy now now we're into the real business of the season but I'm confident he'll end up moving up the divisions with the natural talent there. He's better than Agyeman who's done well at Falkirk so far.

14 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

I think he'll be patchy now now we're into the real business of the season but I'm confident he'll end up moving up the divisions with the natural talent there. He's better than Agyeman who's done well at Falkirk so far.

The pace which he has will pretty much ensure him a few goals even if it is chasing down lost causes, his goal against Edinburgh City springs to mind. It's a shame as we were certainly in talks with him at one point but believe he opted to go with you due to the increased chance of game time which you can't argue with.

Don't think I've ever seen a player who's performance varies so much game to game before Agyeman. Nuisance all the time, be it for us or against us. We've given him somewhat of a free role at the moment in behind MacIver which seems to be working to his benefit, just popping up here and there wherever he sees fit. Happy with him on the whole so far.

4 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

The pace which he has will pretty much ensure him a few goals even if it is chasing down lost causes, his goal against Edinburgh City springs to mind. It's a shame as we were certainly in talks with him at one point but believe he opted to go with you due to the increased chance of game time which you can't argue with.

Don't think I've ever seen a player who's performance varies so much game to game before Agyeman. Nuisance all the time, be it for us or against us. We've given him somewhat of a free role at the moment in behind MacIver which seems to be working to his benefit, just popping up here and there wherever he sees fit. Happy with him on the whole so far.

Alfie summed up well there! Erratic but top notch entertainment for sure at all times!

Tiwis touch, anticipation and finishing ability as well as dribbling have all been excellent as well as his pace. If he adds nous for the level then he's a star in the making for us.

Edited by leomessi1984

48 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Alfie summed up well there! Erratic but top notch entertainment for sure at all times!

Tiwis touch, anticipation and finishing ability as well as dribbling have all been excellent as well as his pace. If he adds nous for the level then he's a star in the making for us.

I think Tiwi got his wake up call against Hamilton that more hard work is required of him, think he will definitely come good though as he has the ability without doubt and strength just needs to adjust to the massive step up from East of Scotland to playing league one and full time teams 

Frustrated at that the day , Biabi just pick a place and smash it none of this jumpy stuttering pish on a run up , Moore probably  out for sometime , Daramola just looks lost , Lino right in line with goalie coming out box with ball in hands and does nothing , great play for goal and great breakaway for Annan equaliser think that about sums up today 

Mon Kelty 

28 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Frustrated at that the day , Biabi just pick a place and smash it none of this jumpy stuttering pish on a run up , Moore probably  out for sometime , Daramola just looks lost , Lino right in line with goalie coming out box with ball in hands and does nothing , great play for goal and great breakaway for Annan equaliser think that about sums up today 

Mon Kelty 

Was a stonewall handle outside the box. We were OK today but leaking too many chances.

29 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Was a stonewall handle outside the box. We were OK today but leaking too many chances.

Without doubt pal , thought we controlled the game mostly quite well , penalty goes in I think we win by 2 or 3 today but not to be 

4 hours ago, the philosopher said:

What about James Graham ( Rangers loan to Annan)  he's defo one to watch.

Never a penalty - deservedly great save by Greg Fleming..

Great end to end stuff from both sides.

Draw about right.

Agreed a point a piece was a fair outcome. Always liked Greg Fleming & of course his brother is a Kelty legend who spent a long time on the sticks for us.