Kelty Hearts Thread

7 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Rock & roll football with Tids at the helm 😆

A good point today & some decent goals. Can't say it's not entertaining after last seasons bore fest.

Need some defensive cover added to the squad i think. Cameron coming on shows the lack of depth there 

Would've taken that easily before a ball was kicked , great effort from the lads but defo need a loan or two through the door , boys will all be chapping at the bit to get in the telly next week 😂😂

Mon Kelty

On 16/09/2023 at 17:07, Kelheart said:

Would've taken that easily before a ball was kicked , great effort from the lads but defo need a loan or two through the door , boys will all be chapping at the bit to get in the telly next week 😂😂

Mon Kelty

Champing.

Alfie Bavidge In on loan from Aberdeen this morning , promising young striker apparently , probably means CJ still out but good to get another striker in anyway , all the Aberdeen lads we've had in have turned out more than decent so hopefully that continues 

Mon Kelty 

Edited by Kelheart

47 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Alfie Bavidge In on loan from Aberdeen this morning , promising young striker apparently , probably means CJ still out but good to get another striker in anyway , all the Aberdeen lads we've had in have turned out more than decent so hopefully that continues 

Mon Kelty 

Alfie Bavidge, son of Martin, who was prolific with Peterhead, is a player I thought we would have been interested in. Similar to a young Mitch I feel.

I've seen him a couple of times for Aberdeen and for their B side. He's quick and undoubtedly a natural finisher. Quite small so not winning much in the air and is obviously new to senior football. 

Very intrigued to see how he gets on and who he partners at Kelty as you have a few options. I think right now this is about his level. I heard rumours that Arbroath were interested but the Championship would have been a year too soon for me.

We're 15 minutes away from Pittodrie and you've done far more business with them than us. Barron, Ngwenya, Milne and now Alfie. All previous loans been a success.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

5 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

We were a mile off it tonight. Plenty effort & looked quite sharp but O'Ware & Gourlay selling the jerseys. Never a pen either. 

Good that we've brought Bavidge & Owens in but they'll need time.

Bizarrely I thought we didn't play too badly just every mistake got punished , credit to Falkirk for acting on them , our season won't be decided by the Falkirk and Hamilton games both teams streets ahead of us imo , see what QoS are like next week but the rest are on our level 

Had some time to reflect on yesterday. We took a battering however, really we are threadbare. No Corbett, Moore, Thomson & CJ. All either out or just made the bench. Two young loan signings (who both by the way looked ok) thrown in with no pre work with the team. Tidser has us trying to play the right way & have a go, this meant we kept going forward yesterday and with the defence having a mare we got punished. Never a pen in a million years.

Tidser has done a great job so far and I'm enjoying watching us. Yesterday should be taken as a bump in the road.

Dust off, heads up, go again! Mon the Kelty!!

Good solid display yesterday , Queens never really got going in any shape or form, and that was down to Kelty front two I thought pressing quickly , like the looks of Bavidge for a young lad he can hold the ball up and turn a defender , O Donnell is fair  coming into a game as well great loan signings by Tidser, also what a difference having a full bench for the first time this season made ,might not have one next week as looking like Tam will be out for a bit and Walker (another cracking find by Tidser) took a knock as well 

Mon Kelty 

3 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Good solid display yesterday , Queens never really got going in any shape or form, and that was down to Kelty front two I thought pressing quickly , like the looks of Bavidge for a young lad he can hold the ball up and turn a defender , O Donnell is fair  coming into a game as well great loan signings by Tidser, also what a difference having a full bench for the first time this season made ,might not have one next week as looking like Tam will be out for a bit and Walker (another cracking find by Tidser) took a knock as well 

Mon Kelty 

O'Donnell will be like Barron. Hopefully a season with us & then into the Tangerines first team. Great potential. Young F Owens was solid also.