Scotland HQ Live

The SFA are doing a show, daily I think, from the Scotland camp. To kick things off they are doing a show from 9-7 first bit has actually been quite good. They have some shockers of guests lined up but also some interesting wee bits.

Anyone else watching it?

I've been watching it after switching off Radio Scotland's Euro build up which seemed to just be reading out messages from people who were saying they wouldn't be watching or them interviewing people in other countries competing in the Euros and asking them if they were worried about fans gathering to watch the games.

Been decent so far.

11 minutes ago, Boot Agent said:

What channel is it on?

Its on youtube, twitter and I assume facebook live stream.

I find it odd they occasionally have bagpipe music as a bed to their chat which is usually something you would have on radio but not on "TV"

They have got that Sean McDonald on to give the host a rest and it's so awkward he's a pretty good host of the podcast but he's clearly never had a talk-back mic in as everytime the director is speaking to him he stops and looks embarrassed.

12 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Aye he's been thrown in the deep-end a wee bit, overall I've quite enjoyed it. Steven Mill and Amy Irons were really funny earlier on.

The Pint pouring skills are really lacking with the guests today.

Now Gordon Smart is getting rolled out, can't believe he's a guest let alone will be doing it everyday. Kind of ruined my excitement for watching it every morning.

Aye i don't mind the Blethered podcast but Sean McDonald looked very much like someone who hadn't done much actual presenting before. I suppose a YouTube show for the Euros is the ideal place to give youngish Scottish up and coming media folks a bash at it, so fair enough.  I always feel like folk massively underestimate the role of a good presenter until they watch someone who isn't quite up to pace and it becomes very obvious that it's not an easy thing to do. 

The lead singer from Glasvegas has always come across as a strange character, he's quite notorious for being difficult to work with and seemingly has the rockstar ego of an 80s Elton John as opposed to the singer from an indie band who had mild local success approaching 15 years ago. 

22 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Aye i don't mind the Blethered podcast but Sean McDonald looked very much like someone who hadn't done much actual presenting before. I suppose a YouTube show for the Euros is the ideal place to give youngish Scottish up and coming media folks a bash at it, so fair enough.  I always feel like folk massively underestimate the role of a good presenter until they watch someone who isn't quite up to pace and it becomes very obvious that it's not an easy thing to do. 

The lead singer from Glasvegas has always come across as a strange character, he's quite notorious for being difficult to work with and seemingly has the rockstar ego of an 80s Elton John as opposed to the singer from an indie band who had mild local success approaching 15 years ago. 

This.

I think the fact the BBC decided to throw Thommo and Crichton in the deep end for the Championship games showed just how hard it is, in hindsight it was really misguided, starting with a highlights programme would have been better. Sutherland is streets ahead of either of them, because that's what he's trained in.

Edited by ArabAuslander

38 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Sir Steve Clarke coming across pretty well here, I hope this show is an every day thing as I'll definitely be watching.

I believe it's on 9/10am every day with my favourite, Gordon Smart.

I think we are being well served with this, the BBC Scotland output, the shows on Radio Scotland and the words in both Parliaments.  Some of it might not hit the mark but no-one is letting the event go by unnoticed.