G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

Celtic's final ball was shocking,Thought Bodo put in a shift in the first half plus you could see them struggling in the last 20 minutes.
Every time the ball went out one or two went down with cramp,Celtic never took advantage of that,they worked the ball well from the back and like you said they've done their homework on us,It wouldn't be a surprised if we got a result over there.

The frustrating thing is, we’ve been taking our chances of late, anything in and around the box we’ve been putting it away. Just wasn’t our night.
When their first goal went in (against the run of play it has to be said) you could just tell they were lifted massively by that.
From then on in we just struggled to get going, and on occasions we did that little bit of quality was missing.

A learning curve for most of these players, league and Europe are vastly different ball games.

51 minutes ago, spalding said:

Absolutely delicious 😂

7 minutes ago, spalding said:

Rhattled 😂

4 minutes ago, spalding said:

^^ close to a total heads gone ^^

😂

1 minute ago, spalding said:

^^ Tears & snotters ^^

😂

Aye. You got me. :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

I thought it was our worst performance for a while, willie. Too many key men not at it tonight. 

I think the midfield didn't work tonight with Rogic and O'Reilly but picking the bones out of it takes away the positives.
I was just separating the result from the performance,Juranovic put in a great ball for the goal plus we got in behind on a number of occasion our final ball wasn't there.

You could see Bodø/Glimt have a similar style to how AP has this Celtic side playing.

I thought Scales might’ve worked tonight, there was a few who didn’t have their best game. However I don’t think we were blown away, despite the scoreline.
Their third goal just a minute after us pulling one back took all the air out of our sails.

There’s more to come from this squad.
I’m confident AP will pick the bones out of this and move us forward.

13 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

You could see Bodø/Glimt have a similar style to how AP has this Celtic side playing.

I thought Scales might’ve worked tonight, there was a few who didn’t have their best game. However I don’t think we were blown away, despite the scoreline.
Their third goal just a minute after us pulling one back took all the air out of our sails.

There’s more to come from this squad.
I’m confident AP will pick the bones out of this and move us forward.

Scales is an interesting one, every time he starts he contributes much more positively than Taylor does imo. 

What was noticeable is with Rogic/O'Riley starting McGregor wasn't where he should have been for their 1st goal. There was a massive hole in front of the back 4 where he would have been normally. 

Hatate/McGregor have to be starting in big games then a decision on DT/Rogic/O'Riley.

Bodo pulled our pants down and essentially showed us how our system should work once polished. 

Edited by Jinky67

Scales is an interesting one, every time he starts he contributes much more positively than Taylor does imo. 
What was noticeable is with Rogic/O'Riley starting McGregor wasn't where he should have been for their 1st goal. There was a massive hole in front of the back 4 where he would have been normally. 
Hatate/McGregor have to be starting in big games then a decision on DT/Rogic/O'Riley.
Bodo pulled our pants down and essentially showed us how our system should work once polished. 

You’re right, it didn’t work tonight against the opposition, but not to say it may never work.
For me, I think it’s; Scales-Hatate-Jota (down the left) and Juranovic-O’Riley-Abada (down the right).

3 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Any team that can batter out a 6-1 thumping to a big European name like Roma and then go over there and take a result too deserve a bit more respect. They aren’t mugs far from it, the only ones who are would be those who thought this would be a comfortable game for us, it was never going to be that. 
Europe was never going to be the barometer for us this season anyway and the positive is we won’t play a side as good as this domestically either however if we do win this league we need to improve a lot or face a significant battering next season. But it’s football, funny things happen we could rock up there next week and win 2-0 and go through on pens, stranger shit has happened

Celtic shouldn't really be losing to Bobo Glam in the vauxhall conference league playoff groups first leg stage

5 hours ago, DavieCFC said:

Would just throw the reserves out for the 2nd leg now and fully concentrate on the league(won't happen), thought we had a good chance of going far (and perhaps even making the final) in this tournament but tonight showed that might just be a bridge too far at this moment.

That's the thing Celtic should do, rest players next leg. Bodo done enough to go through and will be well organised at home, hit on break. If Celtic focus on lesgue, play youth players for Euro experience away to Bodo, all the time whilst Rangers distracted by more gruelling Euro matches (worth very little money reqard, not the Champions League), can see it benefiting Celtic in the title race. 

For some bizarre reason, I support all Scottish teams in Europe and wanted wins from both Rangers & Celtic tonight, not that it helps non old firm teams. Knew Bodo would not be easy.

7 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Nah it’s not even close, they have beaten sides better than us already this season. Should we have been better aye but some of the turgid shite we served up last season and even earlier this season was a lot lot worse than this

What's the Celtic fans consensus on the offense tonight/yesterday? That was kind of what surprised me the most after they looked like Man City the past month.

8 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Unless you were existing under a rock last season to be still in Europe at this stage and top of the league is beyond where most of us expected to be so yeah it's much more positive position that in could have been

Agreed - it was always going to be tough for you to challenge at the top of the league after your new manager brought in £23m worth of new players + several loans.

52 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Agreed - it was always going to be tough for you to challenge at the top of the league after your new manager brought in £23m worth of new players + several loans.

yeah you keep repeating this but keep omitting the number of quality and key players we have also lost. We had 2/3 players that started a european game last season in that team last night, that’s the scope of the changes made to the squad 

We we’re also something like 20+ points behind Rangers last season but don’t let any of that stop you repeating the same shit over and over and over and over again.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Edited by Jinky67

5 hours ago, Jorg Albertz said:

Celtic shouldn't really be losing to Bobo Glam in the vauxhall conference league playoff groups first leg stage

Dortmund shouldn’t be loosing to Rangers at home in the Europa League either but yet here we stand. Isn’t football funny?

23 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

yeah you keep repeating this but keep omitting the number of quality and key players we have also lost. We had 2/3 players that started a european game last season in that team last night, that’s the scope of the changes made to the squad 

We we’re also something like 20+ points behind Rangers last season but don’t let any of that stop you repeating the same shit over and over and over and over again.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

So you don’t think spending millions more this anyone else in the league is advantageous ?? That’s probably a pretty unique view amongst football fans tbh. It’s really held PSG and Bayern back eh.

You also contradict yourself - if the players you lost were of such high quality how did you end up 20 points behind last season. Surely aside from Edouard and Ajer you’ve just cleared out a load of shit players ??

22 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

So you don’t think spending millions more this anyone else in the league is advantageous ?? That’s probably a pretty unique view amongst football fans tbh. It’s really held PSG and Bayern back eh.

You also contradict yourself - if the players you lost were of such high quality how did you end up 20 points behind last season. Surely aside from Edouard and Ajer you’ve just cleared out a load of shit players ??

It was also the bones of a squad that won a treble the season before and there were a lot of reasons to why a team who won the league at a canter capitulated but you already know what they are so your post is disingenuous to say the least.

And i didn’t say spending money wasn’t advantageous however should we be ashamed for actually having a business model that keeps us in the black to allow us to do so? However spending money doesn’t win you the league, you still have to find the right players, the right coach, get buy in and get results. We spent 10 million on Ajeti and Barkas ffs so it’s not just as simple as dump a load of cash to guarantee quality and success as those 2 evidence 

But you missed the point completely, most Celtic fans wouldn’t have expected us to be ahead of Rangers at this stage considering the volume of players needed and doubly so with our recent record of signing expensive duds. It took Rangers 4 years of big spending to catch Celtic we have clawed it back in 7 months 

Edited by Jinky67