Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

12 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’ve heard of Andrew Lawrence before, I’m pretty sure he got on a few tv shows about 5 or 6 years ago, wasn’t very good and then had a meltdown about there being too many “ethnics and women comedians” and that’s why he wasn’t funny or some utter shite like that. 

Just took a look at his youtube. As a comedian, he is absolutely abysmal.

His comedy seems to consist of various 'characters', one of which being an obnoxious right wing England fan, so I'm sure he'll claim it was in character or something. His comment section is full of folk saying stuff like "Know it's a joke but WELL SAID M8!" and the like.

30 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

There's also this "comedian" who posted this absolute knee slapper:20210712_171953.thumb.jpg.a63f0c97626f541415fab1ef209643c4.jpg

Since been dropped by his agent and his tour dates are getting cancelled because the venues don't want him performing there. 

I have never heard of this guy but when I searched for him I got "People also searched for Lee Hurst" and that was enough for me.

7 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Just took a look at his youtube. As a comedian, he is absolutely abysmal.

His comedy seems to consist of various 'characters', one of which being an obnoxious right wing England fan, so I'm sure he'll claim it was in character or something. His comment section is full of folk saying stuff like "Know it's a joke but WELL SAID M8!" and the like.

Aye, I’m pretty certain his original meltdown was triggered by Dara O’Briain (or similarly inoffensive comedian) doing a joke about UKIP and he went off on a ‘well I notice you do jokes about UKIP but you don’t ridicule Islam for hours on end how curious’ style rant.

Basically, he’s been a p***k for years and calling himself a comedian is almost certainly in breach of the trade descriptions act. 

Just now, Binos said:

England have now missed 17 penalties in major finals shoot outs with 17 different players missing the penalties 

Ethnicity doesn't come into it

Aye it does. They were all English.

13 hours ago, CALDERON said:

A lot to unpick here, but my favourite is the lad on the left shaking the Champagne bottle after the first save in preparation.

The boy in blue trackies looks like he's seriously contemplating becoming a serial killer after spending 120 minutes watching football with such a large bunch of fannies.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57803366

Certainly the FA acknowledging large numbers of people involved. 

A shame again however to see the "real fan" trope being thrown out. It's a problem that only seems to exist in a footballing context in England, and so it is English football's problem to deal with. 

6 minutes ago, Michael W said:

A shame again however to see the "real fan" trope being thrown out. It's a problem that only seems to exist in a footballing context in England, and so it is English football's problem to deal with. 

Heard plenty of the "real fan" stuff when George Square was turned into a battleground too

Guest Bob Mahelp
34 minutes ago, 101 said:

The boy in blue trackies looks like he's seriously contemplating becoming a serial killer after spending 120 minutes watching football with such a large bunch of fannies.

I actually found that quite painful watching that video. Pretty much every football fan will have been through the emotions of watching their team/country in a penalty shoot out...it's not a pleasant experience. 

They just looked like football fans. Not a bunch of arseholes slagging off foreigners or blacks. I didn't feel sorry for them, but I didn't see anything in that video that was any different from any group of football fans the world over supporting their team. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I actually found that quite painful watching that video. Pretty much every football fan will have been through the emotions of watching their team/country in a penalty shoot out...it's not a pleasant experience. 

They just looked like football fans. Not a bunch of arseholes slagging off foreigners or blacks. I didn't feel sorry for them, but I didn't see anything in that video that was any different from any group of football fans the world over supporting their team. 

Aye, I've got to say I did feel pangs of sympathy for that boy on the far-right (screen, not political spectrum). He looked head to toe like the kind of guy you'd see launching patio furniture around Lisbon or the like but he looked like he was about to cry in the video.

15 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Some of them were more annoying than others, the people who didn't understand how a best of 5 worked particularly annoyed me.

That crossed hammer logo is well known as extreme right wing. A couple of clothing brands, favoured by the neo-Nazis, in Germany use it. You'll get a knock back from virtually all the stadiums in the top 3 leagues here wearing something like that.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Some of them were more annoying than others, the people who didn't understand how a best of 5 worked particularly annoyed me.

Tbh, I still thought Italy had another penalty to go after Saka missed.

In my defence, I was about 6 pints of Moretti in by that point.

Just now, jimbaxters said:

I plan to bookmark these and watch them on the run up to every major finals.

I'm sure Div will get this in the gold section for future generations.