Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

9 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I genuinely can't remember the last time I laughed harder than at Rashford's penalty. Lovely guy and feel sorry for him as an individual, but that has to be the worst penalty I've ever seen.

Bambi on ice.

7 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Lib Dem’s well….acting like Lib Dem’s, who knew?

I dunno. I expect that on the whole, Liberal Democrats are at least moderately numerate. I'm still trying to work out how 'Average score per minute played' will decide a match where both teams play the same length of time and score the same number of goals.

Maybe Jo has some idea in mind where teams can elect to stop playing for a bit and hope the other team doesn't score (since clearly, if a game is tied the total goals are the same, so the difference must be in the minutes played).

Edited by Aim Here

Just now, Aim Here said:

I dunno. I expect the Liberal Democrats are at least moderately numerate. I'm still trying to work out how 'Average score per minute played' will decide a match where both teams play the same length of time and score the same number of goals.

England only played for 20 minutes.

3 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I dunno. I expect that on the whole, Liberal Democrats are at least moderately numerate. I'm still trying to work out how 'Average score per minute played' will decide a match where both teams play the same length of time and score the same number of goals.

Maybe Jo has some idea in mind where teams can elect to stop playing for a bit and hope the other team doesn't score (since clearly, if a game is tied the total goals are the same, so the difference must be in the minutes played).

I think she means early goals count for more.  This just confirms that she not all there.

Southgate brought on Rashford and Sancho for Henderson and Walker in the 120th minute to take penalties.

They were not in the game and, naturally, a bit "cold". It was no surprise to me that they missed. 

Saka is only 19 and very inexperienced at International level. He and has not taken a penalty in a game.

Sterling would have been an obvious choice. Did he bottle it or did Southgate leave him off the list?

That substitution and the choice of takers were huge mistakes and Southgate must take responsibility for them.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

England:

Good setup .. ✅
Quality players .. ✅
Sense of entitlement .. ✅
Racist fans .. ✅
Capricious right wing media .. ✅

Have I missed anything?

• Perennial underachievers

It really should be regarded as a national disgrace and humiliation that they've not won the Euros.

Just now, Bishop Briggs said:

Sterling would have been an obvious choice. Did he bottle it or did Southgate leave him off the list?.

Either way it’s a massive f**k up. Southgates interview suggests it was his choice but you do wonder if the likes of Grealish and Sterling were hiding pre match anyway.

9 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Lib Dem’s well….acting like Lib Dem’s, who knew?

f**k the lib dems, seriously f**k them.

They tore apart Charlie Kennedy when he had a drinking "problem", yet go on continually about metal health being important.
After they were papped out of Holyrood (in coalition with Labour) they spent years claiming the SNP were at fault for their actions.
They ignored paedophilia with David Steel claiming "it wasn't his job" to report Cyril Smith despite having direct knowledge.
Alistair Carmichael, when part of the Westminster coalition with the tories, took security sensitive documents, amended them and leaked them to the press. All the docs and amendments were targetted at Sturgeon and the SNP.

Anyone thinking the Liberal Democrats are either middle of the road or a good choice at the ballot box are clearly deluded, they shouldn't be trusted (as shown), instead immediately closed the door upon should they canvass your area.

3 minutes ago, George Parr said:
  • Perennial underachievers

It really should be regarded as a national disgrace and humiliation that they've not won the Euros.

I posted similar actually, we really are "lucky" that they haven't won far more. In comparison to their peers; Germany, Spain, France, etc... you are absolute right.

Here is one example:
FB_IMG_1626049963652.thumb.jpg.7663399960d41425ffd84b8aa4716293.jpg

Deh, please tell me someone shared that screenshot with you and you weren’t searching that word on Twitter

Fwiw, I've had a few friends of late have their social media account hacked, although this will no doubt act as a highly convenient excuse for genuine bigoted arseholes out there.
That said, when they're hacked, it's usually for somebody's attempted gain, e.g. trying to get personal data through PMs, rather than just being plain nasty.
It's times like this where you see people's real thoughts, i.e. the types that try to appear woke whilst harbouring abhorrent views.  It's for this reason that I believe you can't fully trust somebody unless you've been out on the piss with them. 

That’s my letting agency! Can’t wait to withhold rent as a progressive political gesture.

Arguably the thing that gives me the greatest joy out of this is the thought of the jingoistic Little Englanders kicking the heads off of dandelions this morning. 

I specifically mean the Mike Parry-type Brexiteers that were absolutely desperate to politicise this, now left with that gut-churning feeling inside as they know the whole of Europe, not just those Scottish Nationalist Party (sic) supporters, are pointing and laughing at them.  All this whilst the harsh reality that the biggest force in Old Blighty isn't quite as competent / superior as they thought they were begins to set in, and the opportunity for any form of a so-called 'last laugh' has well and truly bolted.

Yesterday afternoon I would have loved nothing more than to see them get a shoeing, but having seen the final outcome, and despite the evening being torturous, I wouldn't have had it any other way.  Glorious.

received_979130966261031.jpeg.5dbdaaaf40d152a0e1d645737ce9ff5a.jpeg

Edited by Hedgecutter

You know whats a really sad thought though..... Despite the quality of Sterling, or the promise for the future of Saka, Sancho, or the moral integrity and good guy status of Rashford...

See if they had scored their penalties and won it, a large number of people in England wold have been thinking that the win wasnt for the black lads. It was for good old fashioned white folks. 

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Either way it’s a massive f**k up. Southgates interview suggests it was his choice but you do wonder if the likes of Grealish and Sterling were hiding pre match anyway.

I don't think the decision would've been based on Southgate's gut alone. If players are unwilling or look unwilling, you don't force them to take a penalty. The players will have volunteered, of that I'm sure; Southgate just makes the final call. 

Southgate also isn't the (thankfully rare) type of manager that will hang his players out to dry.