Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

A special mention to the referee last night. A man who obviously watches football, as he was well aware of Kane and Sterling’s propensity to fall over repeatedly. A lesson referees in the EPL should learn
It was wonderful how he just was not conned at all.

I just wish he had booked them for doing it though.

4 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
42 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:
Jim White is having a great time trolling Danny Murphy and Simon Jordan on Talksport right now. Murphy is desperately trying to defend the behaviour of the England fans yesterday.

Link?

About an hour and half in they start talking about Englands fans behaviour last night.

Edited by A_Veitch

3 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
40 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:
Jim White is having a great time trolling Danny Murphy and Simon Jordan on Talksport right now. Murphy is desperately trying to defend the behaviour of the England fans yesterday.

Link?

Danny Murphy: "It's penalties. Anyone can miss."

Jim White: "Anyone can miss.... and anyone did miss"

Christian Bale GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Chiesa, man PowttJS.png

Looks like a man that could be in any Italian shirt from the 1950s onwards and not look out of place. 

A real thrill to see him pick up the ball and run at defenders. One of the most exciting players to watch at the tournament.

11 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:
20 minutes ago, Detournement said:
On the penalty takers Henderson missed against Colombia at the World Cup and Pickford scored in the Nations League against Switzerland so the decisions on them are understandable. 

Henderson was taken off in extra time.

Aye that's what I mean. Southgate removed him from the shootout in the 120th minute. 

Absolutely loved Chiellini's performance last night and throughout the tournament. Proper captain, proper defender, some boy.

The tug on Saka was fantastic. That's what I want from a defender. Just being a cynical, mean b*****d when you need to be. No effort to con anyone. He's just saying, this boy's away from me, I'm taking the yellow card and the free kick to stop him. Class. Also that tackle he put in on Sterling (I think) near the end when there was a bit of a scramble in the box. Top class defending. He's cemented his place in the top tier of modern European defenders in this tournament.

10 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:
I can't see massively experienced players like Walker and Henderson bottling a penalty shoot-out.
Yet Southgate chose to replace them with Rashford and Sancho to take the penalties.

Rashford was an odd one given his poor chance-to-conversion rate in normal play.

Rashford has a really good penalty record though. He has taken loads in his career and is clearly the 2nd most experienced taker after Kane.

Sancho had never hit a penalty in his career. That is a weird one. But then none of the England players have either experience or a good penalty record. Sterling has a career record of 4-3 but he looked fucked last night. They could have subbed on Calvert-Lewin who is a striker but also not taken many penalties.

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

Chiesa, man PowttJS.png

Looks like a man that could be in any Italian shirt from the 1950s onwards and not look out of place. 

A real thrill to see him pick up the ball and run at defenders. One of the most exciting players to watch at the tournament.

I was only vaguely aware of Chiesa before the tournament. One of the revelations of the whole thing for me. He looks absolutely class. Bucking the trend of famous footballing sons being not as good as their famous footballing dads.

52 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

Oh aye I'm going to be posting on PnB at 1am when I'm beyond drunk and my team has lost. Why were you thinking about me? 

I think you're pretty 😍