Scotland v Moldova

Can we maybe presume he could be one of their covid cases?

I’ve been thinking the same myself, but if he’d tested positive on Friday or Saturday he’d have completed his 10 days of isolation by the time the squad meets up I’d have thought.

Couple of things I found interesting from the press conference that no one else has mentioned:

1) It seems that the September games have just come too soon for Souttar but he'll likely be in soon if he carries on playing well. Clarke spoke highly of him.

2) The Euros have made him think that he might need to rotate his squad a bit more across the three games.

6 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Couple of things I found interesting from the press conference that no one else has mentioned:

1) It seems that the September games have just come too soon for Souttar but he'll likely be in soon if he carries on playing well. Clarke spoke highly of him.

2) The Euros have made him think that he might need to rotate his squad a bit more across the three games.

I never really read things that way regarding John Souttar, but you could be right. Did he really answer it any differently to Anthony Ralston? I think how he uses the squad in these games will be interesting its too real toughies sandwiching a home game against a minnow. Look how Denmark handled their games Israel (A), Moldova (H), Austria (A), could we see something similar?

I also wanted to add that in a way I'm happy that Scott McTominay isn't in the picture because it gives Jack Hendry a good chance for a good run at RCB where we can see if he can really do the job and means the decision making around the midfield should be fairly straight forward too. 

I never really read things that way regarding John Souttar, but you could be right. Did he really answer it any differently to Anthony Ralston? I think how he uses the squad in these games will be interesting its too real toughies sandwiching a home game against a minnow. Look how Denmark handled their games Israel (A), Moldova (H), Austria (A), could we see something similar?
I also wanted to add that in a way I'm happy that Scott McTominay isn't in the picture because it gives Jack Hendry a good chance for a good run at RCB where we can see if he can really do the job and means the decision making around the midfield should be fairly straight forward too. 
I thought he did answer differently about Ralston purely because he actually said he liked Souttar "as a player and a person" whereas Ralston was more a case of "I didn't think I'd ever speak about him as Scotland manager but let's see how it goes longer term".

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
9 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I thought he did answer differently about Ralston purely because he actually said he liked Souttar "as a player and a person" whereas Ralston was more a case of "I didn't think I'd ever speak about him as Scotland manager but let's see how it goes longer term".

😄 I never got that vibe from it, but I only watched it late last night. I just thought it was the whole keep playing well and we'll see in the next squad for both of them. If anything the fact he likes Souttar as a person and didn't call him up shows his professionalism.

Edited by 2426255

That Ralston answer is basically "he's pish and we all know he's pish".

Picked up tickets for the upcoming home games the other day and it looked like the north and south were virtually sold out, with only small clusters and single seats available near the corners of the north and east/west.
Any ideas if that means we’re heading towards a sell out, or is it just that the tickets behind the goals haven’t been released?

10 minutes ago, dezz said:

tickets behind the goals haven’t been released?

Yep, this is the case. They'll need to put these tickets on sale now if there are very little tickets remaining from the original allocation. 

Yep, this is the case. They'll need to put these tickets on sale now if there are very little tickets remaining from the original allocation. 

Cheers.
I guess that most people who want to go have already got tickets but maybe a few more will get bought after payday and on the day of the game. Maybe looking at around 30k or thereabouts.
I was hoping for slightly more considering the Euros bounce and the fact it’s the first game without restrictions and on a Saturday night. But I’m guessing it’ll still be a much higher attendance than recent games against the likes of San Marino etc.

11 minutes ago, dezz said:

Cheers.
I guess that most people who want to go have already got tickets but maybe a few more will get bought after payday and on the day of the game. Maybe looking at around 30k or thereabouts.
I was hoping for slightly more considering the Euros bounce and the fact it’s the first game without restrictions and on a Saturday night. But I’m guessing it’ll still be a much higher attendance than recent games against the likes of San Marino etc.

Personally I was waiting until the day before just incase I come in to contact with someone with COVID and have to get a PCR or what have you. Just cba with the hassle of it all if something happens but will maybe need to rethink that as looks like quite a lot of people will be getting tickets. 

2 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Yeah 30k sounds about right. I didn't really understand the early posts in this thread that were expecting a full house.

It's the kind of attendance/game that you would shift away from Hampden to a 30/40k seater stadium, but Scotland doesn't have any.  Its 20k then a 30k jump to Ibrox and Hampden.

Got tickets for this. Will be heading up to Glasgow pretty early and meeting a few of my mates for a couple of beers. My only concern is the last train home from Glasgow Central to Ayr is half 11. Is that doable? 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Got tickets for this. Will be heading up to Glasgow pretty early and meeting a few of my mates for a couple of beers. My only concern is the last train home from Glasgow Central to Ayr is half 11. Is that doable? 

You'll be fine. You could walk it from Hampden to Glasgow Central after full time and still make that train comfortably.

Greg Taylor went off injured for Celtic tonight - looked like a shoulder injury, he tried to play on twice and eventually had to give up. Can't see him being fit for these games - I expect he would have been earmarked to play against Moldova with Robertson's injury concerns, so it will be interesting to see if a replacement is called up.

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Greg Taylor went off injured for Celtic tonight - looked like a shoulder injury, he tried to play on twice and eventually had to give up. Can't see him being fit for these games - I expect he would have been earmarked to play against Moldova with Robertson's injury concerns, so it will be interesting to see if a replacement is called up.

I suppose Ryan Fraser could be used against Moldova - he played there against Luxembourg - and so I don't think any replacement would need to be ready to be thrown into the Moldova game. Perhaps it could be advantageous to bring a replacement into the squad and allow them to at least begin to understand the set up.

On 25/08/2021 at 13:38, DAFC. said:

Just for Moldova? My pal has a ticket for Denmark behind the goal.

Fraser's not a bad shout as long as Tierney can play as he did against the Faroe Islands or we have someone overlapping him from midfield.

The natural replacement would obviously be Doig. It's probably too early for Hickey but I think he'd be well suited to drifting into midfield from LWB with Tierney pushing high.

14 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Fraser's not a bad shout as long as Tierney can play as he did against the Faroe Islands or we have someone overlapping him from midfield.

The natural replacement would obviously be Doig. It's probably too early for Hickey but I think he'd be well suited to drifting into midfield from LWB with Tierney pushing high.

Think that would work fine against Moldova, but would he not just play Tierney as a LWB if Robertson is injured and put another CB in to take the LCB spot?