English Premier League 2021/22 Season

17 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Signing a creative playmaker must be one of Eddie Howe's top priorities in January.

He also needs a new defence and a striker to replace Joelinton.

Interesting to see what happens with them.

If their goal is pushing for Europe they realistically need 10+ players. Honestly talking £300m minimum. Even more now clubs know they have cash to burn.

Should avoid Dele Alli though even though they seem heavily linked. Guys looks done and could prob do with going abroad.

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

English refs are a complete joke. They are meant to be full time but it has somehow lead to even less professionalism and accountability.

Just go week to week making up complete piss with no reprecussions

You’re presumably including the ‘head knock’ scenario in that criticism? Eddie Howe saying his player was dizzy for 4 minutes - that’s the player who wasn’t subbed! Oldest trick in the book is to go down ‘ref head knock’ when you’re narrowly ahead and the opposition have a promising attacking situation. Yes, I’m surprised he didn’t stop it, but that doesn’t make it wrong!

54 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

English refs are a complete joke. They are meant to be full time but it has somehow lead to even less professionalism and accountability.

Just go week to week making up complete piss with no reprecussions

JS104285965.jpg

3 hours ago, Ann Dan Otherthing said:

You’re presumably including the ‘head knock’ scenario in that criticism? Eddie Howe saying his player was dizzy for 4 minutes - that’s the player who wasn’t subbed! Oldest trick in the book is to go down ‘ref head knock’ when you’re narrowly ahead and the opposition have a promising attacking situation. Yes, I’m surprised he didn’t stop it, but that doesn’t make it wrong!

More the excuse that he didn't see despite looking right at it becuase it is where the ball was. Just complete shite. But not just that one decision, it is every other game where there is a clear f**k up but they have ex-refs on to tell us how it actually wasn't an error. They don't know how to use VAR. For the supposed best league in the world you would think they could do better.

UEFA clearly don't rate them either. There are like 6 german refs that get Champions League matched compared to just Anthony Taylor and Michael Oliver from England because below that is a swamp of incompetence.

Interesting to see what happens with them.
If their goal is pushing for Europe they realistically need 10+ players. Honestly talking £300m minimum. Even more now clubs know they have cash to burn.
Should avoid Dele Alli though even though they seem heavily linked. Guys looks done and could prob do with going abroad.

Seen a couple of interesting names linked to them, Trippier, Dele, Lingard to name a few but it does leave you wondering if they’d even be suited to a relegation battle.

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

Seen a couple of interesting names linked to them, Trippier, Dele, Lingard to name a few but it does leave you wondering if they’d even be suited to a relegation battle.

Newcastle have been linked to several other fringe players, e.g. Ramsey and Winks, but Botman is rumoured to be the top target.

It also makes you wonder if they would be willing to play in The Championship next season.

The fans will demand signings so they'll probably end up paying OTT for mediocrity.

ETA - I've just seen that Arteta has binned Aubameyang again this weekend. Unsteady Eddie will be straight on the phone....

Edited by Bishop Briggs

11 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

More the excuse that he didn't see despite looking right at it becuase it is where the ball was. Just complete shite. But not just that one decision, it is every other game where there is a clear f**k up but they have ex-refs on to tell us how it actually wasn't an error. They don't know how to use VAR. For the supposed best league in the world you would think they could do better.

UEFA clearly don't rate them either. There are like 6 german refs that get Champions League matched compared to just Anthony Taylor and Michael Oliver from England because below that is a swamp of incompetence.

I dont get the big deal about what the ref did last night. He was, rightfully, following the ball and didnt seem to be aware of the players down until Liverpool were in a dangerous attacking area. Even still, it clearly wasnt that bad because both players were back playing by the restart. If we go on the basis that the ref MUST stop play immediately every time a player holds their head, it'll just encourage defenders to go down in the box and hold their head to stop the game. 

As for the ex-refs on commentary, I like it. Yes, sometimes they clearly dont want to criticise the official, but they generally talk you through the rules of the game and why something was/wasnt given. There is a massive difference between the referee making an actual mistake and you or I disagreeing with the rule itself, the ex-refs are more than useful in that regard.

8 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

I dont get the big deal about what the ref did last night. He was, rightfully, following the ball and didnt seem to be aware of the players down until Liverpool were in a dangerous attacking area. Even still, it clearly wasnt that bad because both players were back playing by the restart. If we go on the basis that the ref MUST stop play immediately every time a player holds their head, it'll just encourage defenders to go down in the box and hold their head to stop the game. 

As for the ex-refs on commentary, I like it. Yes, sometimes they clearly dont want to criticise the official, but they generally talk you through the rules of the game and why something was/wasnt given. There is a massive difference between the referee making an actual mistake and you or I disagreeing with the rule itself, the ex-refs are more than useful in that regard.

The Newcastle player was pretending to be injured 

As is usual now

To try and get the game stopped 

I’m coming to the sudden and sad realisation my Boxing Day plans of football and pints is going to be replaced by cricket and pints.

If someone could explain the rules of cricket I’d greatly appreciate it.

34 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’m coming to the sudden and sad realisation my Boxing Day plans of football and pints is going to be replaced by cricket and pints.

If someone could explain the rules of cricket I’d greatly appreciate it.

Two teams take it in turns to bat and bowl. At the end of the match, Australia have won.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa