Livi v St Mirren League Cup 21/22

ATLIS

Just now, The Real Saints said:

St Mirren fill their squad with St Johnstone’s rejects and signing targets in a bid to replicate the double-winners’ cup success, then proceed to get beaten in the first knockout round of the League Cup.

Bugger, my watch must have stopped!

Pretty poor game, we’ve had the better chances but seem intent on not scoring. Kiltie & Brophy should’ve scored. I’m not sure if he could have helped prevent it but Erhahon ambling back when Livi were through 2 on 2 for the goal was rotten. Either that or he is unfit. Up till then he was having a decent game.

Hope Dunne’s injury isn’t too serious but also hope this will be the return of McCarthy in the team.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Pish formation. Totally predictable what we are trying to do.

Get it in the bin and get back to 4 at the back or we're going to suffer all fucking season. 

The 3-5-2 pish will be both our and Goodwin's downfall if he persists with it.

Just now, buddie06smfc said:

Pretty poor game, we’ve had the better chances but seem intent on not scoring. Kiltie & Brophy should’ve scored. I’m not sure if he could have helped prevent it but Erhahon ambling back when Livi were through 2 on 2 for the goal was rotten. Either that or he is unfit. Up till then he was having a decent game.

Hope Dunne’s injury isn’t too serious but also hope this will be the return of McCarthy in the team.

Erhahon was not to blame nearly as much as McCarthy and Fraser who were both woefully out of position and hung Shaughnessy out to dry.

1 minute ago, buddie06smfc said:

Erhahon rarely tracks back. Given that he's in there to help protect the defence, then that's a problem.

Got to say, I am completely zen about this. I had questions over both the signings we made and the formation we use. At this point I feel it's a matter of waiting until Goodwin either gets the team working in that formation, or it gets him sacked. At this point, I'm essentially waiting to see which it'll be. Obviously the former would be nice, although I'm not sure how he'll manage it.

8 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

We’re gonna have to start calling him Jim Badloss if things continue in this manner.

Jinkies, you're thirsty today. Not enough attention at home or something? 🙄

Edited by Ric

It's all fine though, cos Tony sez:
"Our manager’s summer recruitment has been excellent, and our first team squad is of the highest standard that I can recall for many years."
[emoji849]
I actually agree with that though.

Problem isn't the players [emoji2369]

5 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

I actually agree with that though.

Problem isn't the players emoji2369.png

We don't have the personnel to play a different formation, though. Not one natural winger in the squad. I'm not counting Henderson at this stage because he's yet to prove himself at this level.

Having no plan B is not good recruitment in my eyes. We're weaker than we were last season.