NRJFA Leagues

GNU_Linux

6 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

This ain't the Lowland League where they're handing out trophies to second place.

I'd be more curious to see if any fuss is created by double dipping in the Scottish Cup.

There is absolutely zero connection between the clubs despite sharing the same licensed ground and presumably board/committee, or so I'm told. As far as I know Banks o Dee Juniors aren't officially licensed, so no double dipping attempt as yet.

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There is absolutely zero connection between the clubs despite sharing the same licensed ground and presumably board/committee, or so I'm told. As far as I know Banks o Dee Juniors aren't officially licensed, so no double dipping attempt as yet.

This is what I mean in the scenario of winning the North Premiership. If BoD Juniors have been set up as a completely different side...they get a Scottish Cup spot.

Do they turn it down basically admitting it's all pretence or take the money with a brass neck.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

This is what I mean in the scenario of winning the North Premiership. If BoD Juniors have been set up as a completely different side...they get a Scottish Cup spot.

Do they turn it down basically admitting it's all pretence or take the money with a brass neck.

Hopefully we'll probably never find out. They've performed well in tier 7, but I doubt they'll do much better than Clach and Nairn reserves in tier 6, if they get promoted. The annoying thing is that they'll be sucking up local young talent who think they might get into the big team who may get into the SPFL in the next few years. A poster on here warned us about it and I dismissed it, thinking that as long as B-teams started off at the bottom tier is wasn't a big deal. I was wrong.

On 28/11/2022 at 19:27, FairWeatherFan said:

If there’s one thing Banks O’ Dee have, it’s a brass neck. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Merkie84 said:

Any teams in the league in the process of getting licensed? 

If so how far along are they?

Well you can't get licensed without your ground having floodlights, which narrows it down to Dyce, possibly Hermes, and Montrose Roselea - but like all the others, none have made any noises about getting licensed.