NRJFA Leagues

GNU_Linux

Bridge of Don Thistle talked about having a new stadium as part of a housing development at one point. That might have been licensing related but doubt it's happening any time soon. The clubs that joined the Aberdeenshire FA, i.e. Dyce, Hermes, Stonehaven and Aberdeen Uni , are maybe the ones to keep an eye on. There has been some talk on here that Dyce have already ticked all the boxes.

20 hours ago, Merkie84 said:

Any teams in the league in the process of getting licensed? 

If so how far along are they?

Dyce are probably the only one who will get licenced in the next couple of years. Seems to be minimal interest in that league. 

Hopefully, with a few Scottish Cup entries a few clubs can gain an interest.

9 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:

Dyce are probably the only one who will get licenced in the next couple of years. Seems to be minimal interest in that league. 

Hopefully, with a few Scottish Cup entries a few clubs can gain an interest.

Most clubs need to do quite a lot of work and only have a small support, that doesn't make it easy for them. I've been to a fair amount of of North Region grounds and while they are generally very friendly, welcoming clubs (so I don't mean this negative in any way), most generally seem to depend on very few people and little money.

15 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Bridge of Don Thistle talked about having a new stadium as part of a housing development at one point. That might have been licensing related but doubt it's happening any time soon. The clubs that joined the Aberdeenshire FA, i.e. Dyce, Hermes, Stonehaven and Aberdeen Uni , are maybe the ones to keep an eye on. There has been some talk on here that Dyce have already ticked all the boxes.

Prefacing this with the usual caveats that licencing isn't all about the ground, although clearly, it's the biggest obstacle...

If it materialises, BODT's ground at Cloverhill is just going to be like Stoneywood Parkvale's ground and will almost certainly be a poorly-draining pitch surrounded by a chicken-wire fence with no real spectator facilities. I wouldn't be surprised to hear Dyce were looking to be licenced, but I'd be surprised about the others you mention. Stonehaven are always a strange one, on paper, they have huge potential - the town has a decent amateur and youth set-up, with good Astro facilities, but the junior club's facilities are as basic as they come in the north, plus they've previously been on record as being unkeen to consider playing in a league with a bigger geographical footprint. That was several years ago, pre-North pyramid, so maybe things have changed.

Edited by Cyclizine

Montrose Roselea officially announcing they are transferring from the North Juniors to the Midlands League for next season. Sensible move for all involved.

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/montroseroselea/news/roselea-confirm-midlands-move-2762260.html

On 20/02/2023 at 15:04, RossBFaeDundee said:

Montrose Roselea officially announcing they are transferring from the North Juniors to the Midlands League for next season. Sensible move for all involved.

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/montroseroselea/news/roselea-confirm-midlands-move-2762260.html

Has there been any announcement about how this will affect promotion and relegation? Only one team down?

Aye tier 6 league winners automatically get in I believe. Invergordon won the NCL last season and played their Scottish Cup tie at Ross County this season. 

I work with a Strathspey Thitle player and he said he and his teammates all know they’ll be in the HL next season due to who’s going to win the tier 6 leagues.

15 hours ago, Jamie92 said:

Do Culter still have a license that will let them go up? They participated in the Scottish cup a few years ago I’m sure? 

Easy to forget that Banks o' Dee didn't always win the North Juniors before the Pyramid kicked in, especially if like myself you only moved up here a few years ago. Last time Culter won was 2013/14, following season they entered the Cup and knocked out Strathspey Thistle 4-2 in the first round but got pumped 7-1 by Bo'ness United in the second. In the 2011–12 season, Culter advanced to the third round—despite losing to Spartans in the second round—as Spartans were expelled from the competition for fielding an ineligible player. They held Partick Thistle to a draw at home before being defeated 4–0 in the replay at Firhill.*

*Last bit copied and pasted from Wiki, they've entered the Cup a few times since their first time in 2007, making the 3rd round at least 3 times.

45 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Easy to forget that Banks o' Dee didn't always win the North Juniors before the Pyramid kicked in, especially if like myself you only moved up here a few years ago. Last time Culter won was 2013/14, following season they entered the Cup and knocked out Strathspey Thistle 4-2 in the first round but got pumped 7-1 by Bo'ness United in the second. In the 2011–12 season, Culter advanced to the third round—despite losing to Spartans in the second round—as Spartans were expelled from the competition for fielding an ineligible player. They held Partick Thistle to a draw at home before being defeated 4–0 in the replay at Firhill.*

*Last bit copied and pasted from Wiki, they've entered the Cup a few times since their first time in 2007, making the 3rd round at least 3 times.

I remember one of the first seasons that the nonleague champions were allowed in, Culter and Irvine Meadow (can't remember who represented the East) both had great performances. Was a major 1st step in getting things moving, but I did half-expect the rule to be quietly dropped at the time. Can't have all these wee junior teams ripping it up in the big Scottish 😂